Davis traded to the Lakers

dude12

Hall of Famer
Here’s hoping he leaves the Lakers after a year
Here’s hoping Lebron and Brow hate each other 50 games into the season
Here’s hoping Magic comes back and effs everything up

They could still sign a max FA too if the Pelicans agreed to wait 30 days after the 4th pick has been signed.

It’s a lot to give up for Davis but perhaps the extra incentive was to convince NOP to agree to doing he deal on the timeline I mentioned above. We’ll see if that’s actually how it plays out.

PG - Irving or Walker
SG - ???
SF - Lebron / Bonga
PF - Kuzma
C - Davis / Wagner

Talent is talent; the Lakers will be a Top 4 playoff seed next year with AD and Lebron (pending health).

But they're really not that good of a fit together as far as a superstar pairing goes.

And they kept Kuzma... f’n darn.

Was hoping he’d head east for a season.
Yeah, I’m disappointed in NO for not continuing to hold out for Kuzma, as they apparently did around the trade deadline. Or at least taking him instead of one of the other players. I really feel the LA LeBron’s had no choice but to eventually cave. They’ve been in disarray and taking hits in the media for dysfunction, all while having an aging superstar on the roster whose window is closing quickly.

Honestly, I still feel they’ll underachieve. LBJ is starting to breakdown and AD is injury prone. I really hope no other all star caliber player buys into their BS. But I’m pretty sure that won’t be the case.

That franchise deserves to burn in NBA hell for the foreseeable future.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
God I hate that the Lakers always seem to get what they want. Yes sometimes it works out (Shaq, Kobe, Pau, LeBron) sometimes it doesn't (Dwight, Nash) but just the fact they say they want it and most of the time they get it just pissed me off. Now they have LeBron, AD and enough for another max contract...:eek::mad::rolleyes:
And no draft picks for the foreseeable future.

They have enough room for another max player but if I were them, I’d rather try to spread that money around on a supporting cast because this is the last chance they have at that before having to extend AD and apparently Kuzma.

Hart was a pretty big giveaway in that. Lakers just lost much depth and are banking on James staying healthy at 35. They also mortgaged away some of future drafts.....they are trying to become relevant for a few seasons at most against the long run.

I hate the Lakers but if this experiment fails they are doomed for the foreseeable future.

They might have Lebron and AD but the supporting cast is quite literally non existent right now. You have Kuzma and that’s about it. Not to mention Lebron is only getting older and AD can be quite fragile. If I’m the Lakers, I don’t get another max player. I’d throw some money at Cousins if I’m in their shoes. He isn’t going to get a max deal and he’s the best center on the market when healthy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ingram and Lonzo both have major injury concerns ( and a crazy dad). The real get for the Pels is the picks. The Lakers have a good chance at cratering in a few years and putting themselves in a Nets-Celtics situation.

And no draft picks for the foreseeable future.

They have enough room for another max player but if I were them, I’d rather try to spread that money around on a supporting cast because this is the last chance they have at that before having to extend AD and apparently Kuzma.
But if everything goes as planned, those will be late lottery picks. Plus they should still have a pick every other year. Plus ring chasing vets will prob sign for the vets minimum to play with LeBron AD and another all star. Anyways. Here's to hoping this goes all nash/Dwightmare on the Lakers so they suck and lose good draft picks.