Daily Auction League

Renewed for 2012-2013
see below

-------------------------------------------------

Last year I started a new fantasy league that used an auction draft. I'm restarting that league this year:

League ID#: 54371
League Name: KingsFans Daily
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/kingsfansdaily
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Wed Dec 21 7:00pm PST
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 40
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 8, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 4
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 9
Playoffs: Week 21, 22 and 23 (6 teams) Note: Week 23 runs 7 days from Apr 2 to Apr 8
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

Honestly, I'd prefer people sign up for the BigDog and Avis leagues VF21 posted. Those are also Daily leagues if you prefer that and have a long history at this site. But at least one person requested I restart this league so I went ahead, and nothing is stopping anybody from joining multiple leagues. Besides, the auction draft was fun last year, and should be even better if I can actually make it for the whole thing.

Let me know if you're interested. I might just give out the password to anybody in a couple weeks if we get close to having a full league.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok yes, must shake out of the long offseason doldrums and get into the fantasy siwng of things. Feels odd signign up when yo don't even know where the free agents are going yet, but its time. And I did that one last year and wanted to give it another go, so let's do it.

By the way, I'm assuming returning players will just sign up from the email that was sent out when I renewed the league. If you need the password let me know.

Also, I'll start up the big "Official" league thread tomorrow. I've just been super busy lately.

We're playing this again this year. We have 9 of the 10 players from last season signed up. So we need at least one more and ideally we can get to 12 people.

The auction draft is a lot of fun. Try it out!

When is the draft?
Looks like it's setup for Sat Oct 27 7:15pm PDT. I think I did that because the first year we did this I asked people for when they were available and Saturday evening worked out best. Tried not to change too much from that. I'd be willing to consider a new time but I'd want to make sure all (or almost all) of the existing owners are on board.

Heh... looks like you considered joining this league in 2010. Are nights still better for you?

Actually, looks like somebody backed out and we're down to 8 people. :(

I guess we'll lock it at 8 unless we get two more. Draft is Saturday night.

Sorry guys, too busy to actively recruit this year so we'll have to go with 8 teams. I'm hoping next year we can expand a bit and get it up to 12.

Not sure why we don't have more interest. I would think people would join at least to try the draft even if they don't compete hard throughout the year. Oh well, 80% return rate over two years is pretty good.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll be honest. I might have considered signing up but refrained for a couple of reasons. I have no idea what an auction league is AND I've already reached my quota of leagues I'm in that I don't really have a chance in hell of winning. :)

I'll be honest. I might have considered signing up but refrained for a couple of reasons. I have no idea what an auction league is AND I've already reached my quota of leagues I'm in that I don't really have a chance in hell of winning. :)
It's really a regular league with an Auction draft. Auction draft differs from the regular draft in that you have a set amount of money and the players are auctioned off one at a time. So if you have $200 and like superstars, maybe you spend $62 on James, Durant and Cousins, then spend your last $14 for 14 players at $1 a piece.

Or you could be like Bricklayer and think you're so smart biding your time and saving your money for better value and end up spending your last $24 on Jason Terry when nobody else had much money left anyway. Then again, he did win last year after a horrible showing the year before so maybe that strategy was wise.

After the draft the rules are the same as everything else. I figured many would be full up on leagues. I personally wouldn't mind if people joined mostly for the draft but didn't necessarily give it their all during the season, but I don't think that would be a popular position amongst the other players so I try not to put it out there too much.

I will have a dummy team autodraft if we don't get anybody. But if you want to join let me know and I can give you the login for the yahoo account I created and you can join at any time.

Ok, draft was great. We had lots of fun. Very interesting.

Yahoo autodrafted for the 10th team which is available for someone to manage for the year. Turns out it did a pretty good job (I think). It's a 10 team league with 14 roster spots. Here's the roster in order of Yahoo's rankings. The bot bode its time and got a bunch of good players rather than superstars:

Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C) 21
Brandon Jennings (Mil - PG) 23
Mike Conley (Mem - PG) 28
Andre Iguodala (Den - SG,SF) 33
Kyle Lowry (Tor - PG) 34
Ryan Anderson (NO - PF,C) 37
Kevin Garnett (Bos - PF,C) 40
Eric Gordon (NO - SG) INJ 50
Andrew Bogut (GS - C) INJ 67
Kenneth Faried (Den - PF) 83
Ray Allen (Mia - SG) 91
Avery Bradley (Bos - PG,SG) INJ 106
Jason Richardson (Phi - SG,SF) 114
Chris Kaman (Dal - PF,C) 117

If you're interested in managing let me know.

Ok, draft was great. We had lots of fun. Very interesting.

Yahoo autodrafted for the 10th team which is available for someone to manage for the year. Turns out it did a pretty good job (I think). It's a 10 team league with 14 roster spots. Here's the roster in order of Yahoo's rankings. The bot bode its time and got a bunch of good players rather than superstars:

Pau Gasol (LAL - PF,C) 21
Brandon Jennings (Mil - PG) 23
Mike Conley (Mem - PG) 28
Andre Iguodala (Den - SG,SF) 33
Kyle Lowry (Tor - PG) 34
Ryan Anderson (NO - PF,C) 37
Kevin Garnett (Bos - PF,C) 40
Eric Gordon (NO - SG) INJ 50
Andrew Bogut (GS - C) INJ 67
Kenneth Faried (Den - PF) 83
Ray Allen (Mia - SG) 91
Avery Bradley (Bos - PG,SG) INJ 106
Jason Richardson (Phi - SG,SF) 114
Chris Kaman (Dal - PF,C) 117

If you're interested in managing let me know.
Any chance you could share what the other teams look like?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Any chance you could share what the other teams look like?
I'll share my team with ranks like above:

Dwyane Wade (Mia - PG,SG) 5
Serge Ibaka (OKC - PF,C) 20
Stephen Curry (GS - PG) 25
Paul George (Ind - SG,SF) 35
Marcus Thornton (Sac - SG) 36
Blake Griffin (LAC - PF,C) 43
Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG) 44
Klay Thompson (GS - SG,SF) 78
Mo Williams (Uta - PG,SG) 79
Thaddeus Young (Phi - SF,PF) 87
Jared Dudley (Pho - SG,SF) 92