Congrats Domantas Sabonis!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Passing Larry Bird for career triple doubles might get Sabonis that All-NBA spot in the end. Somewhere in the NBA national media handbook is a rule that says "If you can't find a reason to give an NBA award to a Laker or a Celtic, giving it to someone else while mentioning a Laker or Celtic great as part of their achievement is close enough." (probably)

Kevin Love showing love, Kevin O' Connor probably having wifi issues... again
As are all the know-nothings that were emphatic that the KINGS needed to find an "upgrade" for Domas. LMFAO.

IIRC there were a few members of this site with that dreadfully awful take. Not only is Domas FAR, FAR better than those people had the ability to comprehend, last I checked the Nuggets aren't trading Jokić and the Sixers aren't trading Embiid. Those were and still are the only "potential" upgrade possibilities.

As are all the know-nothings that were emphatic that the KINGS needed to find an "upgrade" for Domas. LMFAO.

IIRC there were a few members of this site with that dreadfully awful take. Not only is Domas FAR, FAR better than those people had the ability to comprehend, last I checked the Nuggets aren't trading Jokić and the Sixers aren't trading Embiid. Those were and still are the only "potential" upgrade possibilities.
The one card the haters have left is that he had a bad playoff series....with a broken finger, a bruised sternum because he got curb-stomped by Draymond and a blackeye throughout that series. And we probably ran into the absolute worst match-up for him vs a team that's been erasing bigs like him for over a decade.

Can't wait for us to get back and he can prove everyone wrong once again. Would LOVE to see how they justify leaving him off the All-NBA (which they probably will) for AD and we're in a 2nd round playoff series while the Lakers are watching at home.

The one card the haters have left is that he had a bad playoff series....with a broken finger, a bruised sternum because he got curb-stomped by Draymond and a blackeye throughout that series. And we probably ran into the absolute worst match-up for him vs a team that's been erasing bigs like him for over a decade.

Can't wait for us to get back and he can prove everyone wrong once again. Would LOVE to see how they justify leaving him off the All-NBA (which they probably will) for AD and we're in a 2nd round playoff series while the Lakers are watching at home.
All the things you said, plus --- I thought he was already pretty beaten up and worn down last season even without the thumb injury and sternum stomp.

As we saw last night, Domas takes a lot of hits and physical punishment -- much of which goes uncalled.

IMO he doesn't seem as physically battered and worn down this season as he did last. Then adding on the thumb and sternum -- he just was nowhere near healthy. And it showed. Casual fans and pundits actually believed he was an offensive liability incapable of making a perimeter shot. And that Kevon Looney could typically out-rebound him.

We saw exactly how outmatched Looney was this season in their head-to-head matchups while Domas was relatively healthy. And I fully expect to see a different Domas this postseason. Unless he keeps getting elbowed in the head 3-4 times each game from here on out, that is.....

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

Simmons has already justified it by saying All-NBA is 15 best players so you don't even have to have 2 centers. It can be all guards.

He's also said he'll only vote for one of AD or LeBron because the Lakers suck and can't possibly have two all-nba talents and be that bad.

I'll admit that I do have a soft spot for Bill because I was a fan of him as a Boston blogger and he is a good writer and Grantland and the Ringer were generally good things (particularly outside of sports). And he is cut different than the average sports media person, and yet I think he is not alone here and we will see both a guard heavy All-NBA this year and only one or two teams might have more than one player selected.

All the things you said, plus --- I thought he was already pretty beaten up and worn down last season even without the thumb injury and sternum stomp.

As we saw last night, Domas takes a lot of hits and physical punishment -- much of which goes uncalled.

IMO he doesn't seem as physically battered and worn down this season as he did last. Then adding on the thumb and sternum -- he just was nowhere near healthy. And it showed. Casual fans and pundits actually believed he was an offensive liability incapable of making a perimeter shot. And that Kevon Looney could typically out-rebound him.

We saw exactly how outmatched Looney was this season in their head-to-head matchups while Domas was relatively healthy. And I fully expect to see a different Domas this postseason. Unless he keeps getting elbowed in the head 3-4 times each game from here on out, that is.....
He spent the whole off-season making sure he can sustain regular season and be somewhat fresh for the playoffs.It shows

Domas loves the game. The same his father did. And Domas has determination. His father was something, unique physically and athletically, with the very deep "feel" for the game. Domas is the third son in the family, Arvydas has a fourth child, a daughter. In his very young days he had to compete against his bigger and stronger brothers, not to mention if a father joined a friendly family game - to get a rebound against Arvydas was the challenge even for the best ones ever.
Too big of a deal has been made out of series against GSW. Domas played in 2 NCAA tournaments and in both he picked up his game a notch compared to the regular season. Same goes with the Pacers.
I'm not going to go deep in analysis though I like it :) Domas never plays dirty and neither his father did. Draymond after his intentional stomp actually accused Domas of a dirty play. Too many things came together, and it's not fair to blame the guy, who completely exhausted himself for faltering a bit.
Domas talks to his father. Arvydas is a man of not many words, but whatever he says is down to a point. I believe that Domas got some advises how not to get affected if opponents intentionally try to get him off his game.
Enough. Kings have to make to top 6 in the West and win a series. That's a lowest requirement from them this season. If Kings won't accomplish that - well, the season was mehhh, everything more - nothing unexpected :)