College games, and players of the day:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I watched a few games today, and I just had to post my thoughts on a few players. First, lets start with Kentucky vrs Louisville. This is a giant rivalry that goes back to the Rupp days. Amazingly no fights broke out during the game. No punches were thrown between Pittino and Calapari. Although the game was somewhat sloppy at times, it was still a fun game to watch.

My favorite player, Michael Gilchrist, a 6'7" SF, had a monster game. 24 pt's on 7 or 16 shooting and 2 of 4 from behind the arc. He went to the line 13 times making 8. He also added 19 rebounds. There's no player in college that matches Gilchrist's energy. His motor never stops and sometimes you think there's two of him on the floor. His only weakness is his outside shot. There's simply nothing else he can't do.

Anthony Davis, a 6'10" PF/C, with pogo sticks for leges, once again made a case for being the 1st pick in the next draft. He had 18 pts on 3 of 4 shooting, and was 12 of 13 from the freethrow line. He rounded out his stat sheet with 10 boards, 3 steals, and 6 blocked shots. He did most of his damage in the second half. This kid has a very bright future when you consider how raw he is.

Marquis Teague gets an honorable mention. He didn't do much to fill up his stat sheet, but in general he handled the ball well, disrupted Louisville's defense, and made good decisions with the ball. He only had 5 assists, but should have had more. He still probably has the most potential of all the college PG's.

St Johns vrs UCONN. UCONN easily won this game 83 to 69. St. Johns put up a good fight but were at a great disadvantage with only 7 players to choose from. Add in that most on the team are freshman, and you have a receipe for losing. St. Johns lost several of its recruits do to accademic reasons, leaving them very shorthanded.

Andre Drummond, a 6'10" PF/C for UCONN, is starting to establish himself as one of the top big men in college. He's a physical specimen with a lot of tools. Once refined, he could become an unstoppable force in the future. He 16 pts on 7 of 11 shooting. 11 rebounds and 1 blocked shot. He's definitely a top 3 pick in the next draft.

Shabazz Napier, a 6 foot PG for UCONN had another good game. He's been having a very nice season and making everyone at UCONN forget about Kemba Walker. He had 17 pts on 5 of 6 shooting, while going 2 for 2 from behind the arc. He added 9 assists and 2 steals.

Another one of my favorites, Jeremy Lamb, a 6'5" SG for UCONN had 15 pts on 5 of 9 shooting while going 5 of 7 from beyond the arc. He also had 3 blocked shots. Lamb has everything to be a great player at the next level. He has great handles and can get to the basket. He has a great jumpshot with range, and he's a very good defensive player. He's also an excellent athlete.

My last game is Kansas vr's North Dakota. It was a laugher for Kansas winning 84 to 58. But Thomas Robinson, a 6'9" PF, with a build similar to Dwight Howards, had a monster game. He's a terrific athlete, and still needs to refine his post game. But there's no denying the results. Just my personal opinion, but if I had to choose between Robinson and Sullinger, I'd take Robinson. I know many would disagree with me. Robinson had 30 pts on 10 of 14 shooting, and he was 1 for 2 from beyond the arc. He added 21 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 1 blocked shot. He didn't get to play much last season with the twins there. But he certainly making himself noticed this season.

Last edited:
Bajaden, you were right on with the KY vs Louisville game. It was a fugly defensive BATTLE. Kidd-Gilchrist was very impressive, as was Anthony Davis (being an old USC alum, AD is still that great runner for USC in the 70's). Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist could really help the Kings. Didn't catch the UCONN game, but did watch part of the Ohio State game and the Kansas game. I, like you, think that Robinson will be a better pro prospect than will Sullinger. Robinson plays above the rim and Sullinger just can't. Thanks for sharing your thoughts from the games you watch. I'm just not able to catch too many of them. GO KINGS!!