Collected 2015-16 Kings Season Previews

I think that when Koufos is on the floor with Cousins, Cousins will be at the PF position, and it's possible that when he's on the floor with WCS, at least on the offensive side, Cousins will be at the PF position as well. Both Koufos and WCS are at their best on offense when close to the basket while Cuz is comfortable either way. Now if you move Gay to the PF position, then you move Cuz back to center. Whatever we come up with, it should be vastly superior to last years scenario. However, I agree that in the west, it's a tough road to hoe.
My problem with Cuz at the PF is his propensity to pick up fouls. At the PF position he will be guarding stretch 4's at times and that does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I think when WCS is in with Cousins, he will be playing the 4 on the defensive end chasing around stretch 4's. But when Kufos is in, I believe that Cuz will be playing the 4 and he may have to back off on defense to keep from picking up fouls on the perimeter.

K

KingMilz

My problem with Cuz at the PF is his propensity to pick up fouls. At the PF position he will be guarding stretch 4's at times and that does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I think when WCS is in with Cousins, he will be playing the 4 on the defensive end chasing around stretch 4's. But when Kufos is in, I believe that Cuz will be playing the 4 and he may have to back off on defense to keep from picking up fouls on the perimeter.
Would that not decrease his foul count since they will be shooting and won't give him a chance to reach in and needlessly swipe at the ball? A stretch 4 is the best thing to cure foul trouble.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Their projected minutes distribution is a bit wonky here. Not only are they allotting a total of 3% of the team overall minutes to players who aren't on the team (Gudaitis, Hunter), but they have Rondo playing less than Collison, Collison playing zero SG (I think we will see him with Rondo from time to time), Belinelli playing some PG (?!?), probably too many minutes for McLemore, Acy, Butler, Anderson...

But even after that their objective system has us almost 10 wins over the Vegas line. I sense a pattern here.

I still think Karl wants to use Rudy at the 4. He is our best stretch 4 type player. So it may be that he plays a lot with Koufos