COJO TRADED! (For Delon Wright)

Lol. 60th pick and a 2nd round 3 years from now. Never mind the fact we still have like 6 2nds over that span.

This is bad asset consolidation into a good player that could easily still be flipped in the next year and a half if needed.
True but the best asset tank teams can have these days is liquid space. That's where you might rake in draft picks and youth along with bad contracts. I'm not sure how real the best units on the team are but that new starting lineup is up there with the big boys in terms of net rating. Who knows what happens with other deals by tomorrow but on the surface you don't make moves that add salary to your cap when you could potentially be able to cut cap elsewhere at the same deadline.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One thing: this trade may have actually set the market going rate for bench role players for the trade deadline. A couple of second rounders and a semi-expiring contract. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bjeli get a similar draw.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I watched the entire Pistons vs. Pacers game last night. Thought Bey was legit good. Pacers, I have no idea why they’re struggling so much. They have some scorers.

As for Wright, he’s a clear upgrade over Cojo. Better length, distrubtor/penetrator, and about the same on defense though Cojo is more of an on the ball, grind into you physically type of defender while Wright falls more into the Fox and Hali type who are wiry, will shoot gaps, and go for steals. Both are meh three point shooters.

Because of his length, Wright will compliment Fox and Hali well. He looks like he’s legit 6’3. Three switchable, ball handling dudes is an asset. Good job, McNair.