Coach Muss will bring the trophy to Sac !!

tjobrien said:
Who do you expect to get? Outside of Larry Brown or Don Nelson, neither of whom I want within 50 miles of Sacramento, there are not many (any?) available or soon to be available coaches with Rick's experience or proven coaching ability.
Anyone who says they do not want Larry Brown as there coach, looks to me like someone who doesn't know a thing about the NBA. Now I'm not trying to insult anyone, but Larry Brown is a better coach than Rick Adelman. A better coach than most. Why on earth would you not want him as your coach? I would love to have him coach the Kings, he's exactly what they need to help them even more with defense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
dime dropper said:
Anyone who says they do not want Larry Brown as there coach, looks to me like someone who doesn't know a thing about the NBA. Now I'm not trying to insult anyone, but Larry Brown is a better coach than Rick Adelman. A better coach than most. Why on earth would you not want him as your coach? I would love to have him coach the Kings, he's exactly what they need to help them even more with defense.
Anyone who has to resort to comments like the one bolded above obviously needs to wait until they've been a fan of the NBA longer.

That type of comment IS insulting. You're 15, right? Some of us have been watching the game of basketball since before YOUR PARENTS were born. That in and of itself doesn't mean we know more about the game but it does mean we might have a perspective you simply cannot understand.

Larry Brown is, in the minds of MANY, a cancer. He was bought out of his previous contract; it appears he's going to be bought out of his current contract. Why? Because team owners would rather pay MILLIONS of dollars and not have to deal with him. He alienates players, he berates them in public, etc. Does he have good points? Of course. If he didn't, he would have been out of the league before now. Has he overstayed his welcome in the NBA? I - and a lot of others - think so.

So, please. Accept that others can have diametrically opposed opinions to yours without being bereft of knowledge of the league.

I as a larry brown lover has to second VF's comments. Doesn't matter what side you fall on with him. Everyone can have their own opinion and that doesn't make them wrong. Thats actually what makes the world tick and what makes this board so great.

VF21 said:
Anyone who has to resort to comments like the one bolded above obviously needs to wait until they've been a fan of the NBA longer.

That type of comment IS insulting. You're 15, right? Some of us have been watching the game of basketball since before YOUR PARENTS were born. That in and of itself doesn't mean we know more about the game but it does mean we might have a perspective you simply cannot understand.

Larry Brown is, in the minds of MANY, a cancer. He was bought out of his previous contract; it appears he's going to be bought out of his current contract. Why? Because team owners would rather pay MILLIONS of dollars and not have to deal with him. He alienates players, he berates them in public, etc. Does he have good points? Of course. If he didn't, he would have been out of the league before now. Has he overstayed his welcome in the NBA? I - and a lot of others - think so.

So, please. Accept that others can have diametrically opposed opinions to yours without being bereft of knowledge of the league.
Sorry VF, I respect you and all but it doesn't make you right just because you're a mod or whatever. I find it insulting that you say I should be a fan of the NBA longer before I can say what I like just as much as you find it insulting for me to have said what I said. But you feel you can insult me because you've been around longer? At least I stated that I did not mean to insult anyone. Since when did I not accept other peoples opinions? Of course I accept them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. As you said yourself Im only 15, so when I say something that may offend or insult you, look at it from my point of view and try to realise I'm not trying to harm anyone, it's just my opinion. That's mainly what this board is (that's certainly not an insult because I love this board). I live basketball. I'm the best player my school has ever had and I'm 15. I've lead my school teams to records and we have not lost a game yet. Not one game. To be told I need to be a fan longer to me is insulting. I don't want there to be a rift or anything because I love KingsFans and your PBP's and I respect you. But I'm young. I'm not trying to insult anyone. I've been ranting long enough so I'll get back on topic. I just think Larry Brown is a brilliant coach that can bring alot to this team. I was just abit confused as to why a member would "not want him within 50 miles of Sacramento".

Glad I got that off my chest. ;)

Things against Larry:

-He's old (65) and has health problems
-The wanderlust problem
-He's caused friction in every city he's played in (even though undoubtedly he's always helped the team, except for the Knicks)
-He's very, very particular about the roles his players play, sometimes stunting their offensive creativity, according to the players

That being said, I don't doubt that the obsessive, knowledgable and often fickle fans here will love him, once they get to know him, since he's obsessive, knowledgable and often fickle himself.

Replying to the TOPIC of this thread:

..... can you spell F A T - C H A N C E ? ? ?

now back to Larry Brown ... don't want him here ... he's better off staying where he is ... just my flavor of ice cream :cool: