Coach Christie! It’s actually happening!

They need matt barnes in the booth. If nothing else, he may dog the kings into playing some defense and start a fight with the other teams commentators. One way or the other it will be fun to tune in.

As for DC on staff, all these jokers better start taking notes, hell Hali is built exactly like him... Hell he even looks like him (pretty sure he is secret DC love child). If he listens well, he could be the next DC,with a much better offensive game. Love the move.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nice to see former players getting a chance to move within the organization after their playing days. Bobby J had multiple positions and now it's time for Christie to show his worth and whether he belongs on the sidelines or not.

Always figured he just wasn’t interested. Dude drops incredible knowledge and I’m psyched to have him on the staff!
I’m stoked! I’m hoping Luke will learn from him how to really coach or maybe even better Luke just step aside and watch

DC will be an awesome mentor for Hali. Literally, DC is what I want Hali to eventually become as a player, plus a little more offense.

DC can help Hali develop his game and body to eventually become the SG/SF wing that Doug was for the Kings! I can’t wait to see what DC does for the Kings and their defense!

One thing is for sure, DC will make sure these players know what great fans Sacramento has and how they should take pride in representing the city!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
DC will be an awesome mentor for Hali. Literally, DC is what I want Hali to eventually become as a player, plus a little more offense.

DC can help Hali develop his game and body to eventually become the SG/SF wing that Doug was for the Kings! I can’t wait to see what DC does for the Kings and their defense!

One thing is for sure, DC will make sure these players know what great fans Sacramento has and how they should take pride in representing the city!
Oh, and if he applies the things he was talking about during color last year then this teams defense has a chance to improve drastically. They have a good deal of good on ball defenders and had more than a few last year. Now hopefully we get to see it! I'm stoked about this hiring.

Oh, and if he applies the things he was talking about during color last year then this teams defense has a chance to improve drastically. They have a good deal of good on ball defenders and had more than a few last year. Now hopefully we get to see it! I'm stoked about this hiring.
in your POV what kind of defense should we run? Cause man whatever we ran last year was butt

where I think Doug may struggle is he believes people can learn sports IQ. I think he may struggle with players like Buddy that don’t see and process at the rate he does. I am also not convinced given his broadcasting career to what extent he will do his homework. At times on the radio he seemed unprepared.

where I think Doug may struggle is he believes people can learn sports IQ. I think he may struggle with players like Buddy that don’t see and process at the rate he does. I am also not convinced given his broadcasting career to what extent he will do his homework. At times on the radio he seemed unprepared.
better then being a GM lol

I’ve been out of town most of the summer, so I was shocked when I heard recently that DC was going to be an assistant coach.
I’m really gonna miss him in the booth. I know he was kinda goofy at times, but he also showed he has great knowledge of the game. Also Doug is tough. I remember his on the court fight with Rick Fox of the Lakers back in the day. Doug would not back down - a tough dude. The King’s need to establish that in their “DNA” or something. But Doug is also very respectful and serious about the game.
I agree with Tetsujan, he could be Walton’s replacement someday.
I also wonder if there might be some friction between him and KHTK and the TV folks after Grant left/was fired? I have no reason for saying this, and am not trying to create a rumor, but I think when Grant left a lot of things changed. Maybe Doug didn’t mesh all that well with Mark Jones? Any thoughts?
I tried to find a Grant’s Rant on the subject of DC leaving broadcasting, but haven’t found one yet.
When you think of it, DC and Grant’s career have sure taken vastly different directions.