Cleveland...

F

Fillmoe

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that cleveland doesnt make the playoffs..... what do you guys think?

ESPN has a nice pic of LBJ on the front page as part of the "playoff ticket". So no, now they're jinxed. :)

Lebron's a great player, but I'd certainly find some enjoyment in the Cavs missing the playoffs simply because ESPN is constantly talking about him.

I feel so so bad for them...especially their fans...:shake head:

I officially love LbJ now that I heard he broke down and cried after last nights loss to the Knicks...

IMO he's doing everything he can...but his teammates aren't...some our role players that don't fit in and some are just too inconsistent IMO *coughDrew&Zcough* I mean LbJ got 18 boards last night if your starting SG is getting 18 boards you know that he's getting no help from the other guys...its just a very sad situation there...and NJN won tonight so its gonna be tough they still have a rather rough schedule after tonight 2 more on the road where they have sucked royally this year...again I feel so sorry I feel like sending LbJ a "cheer up" card he always looks so sad

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
they are struggleing that is for sure but lets be honest neither the Cavs nor the Nets are going anywhere so what does it matter? Maybe some tictet sales, and of course the impact on trades but both team are in a rebuilding mode working to rebuild fan base so I'm not sure it makes much difference. I suspect the Cavs may well look to add some more experience to the roster. Sam Cassel is one obvious solution, but not the one I would opt for na out side shooter and a play making pg combo.

I live in northeast Ohio and believe me the fans (and players) are very frustrated. We all know they aren't really going to do any real damage in the playoffs, but this area would be extremely proud of this team if they did make it to the playoffs. The consensus here is that the owner just needs to butt out. Considering that he paid 375 mil for a 200 mil team, I can see how he would want to be involved to protect his investment, but he is just making some ridiculous decisions (mainly firing Silas). If he had a problem with the coach he should have waited til the end of the season cut him. This action single-handedly disrupted any kind of rythm this team had. Hopefully, they find a solution this summer because Lebron works way too hard to deserve to be with a team like this.

HndsmCelt said:
they are struggleing that is for sure but lets be honest neither the Cavs nor the Nets are going anywhere so what does it matter? Maybe some tictet sales, and of course the impact on trades but both team are in a rebuilding mode working to rebuild fan base so I'm not sure it makes much difference. I suspect the Cavs may well look to add some more experience to the roster. Sam Cassel is one obvious solution, but not the one I would opt for na out side shooter and a play making pg combo.
IMO it does matter it gives them PO experience if nothing else

BibbyForPrez said:
I live in northeast Ohio and believe me the fans (and players) are very frustrated. We all know they aren't really going to do any real damage in the playoffs, but this area would be extremely proud of this team if they did make it to the playoffs. The consensus here is that the owner just needs to butt out. Considering that he paid 375 mil for a 200 mil team, I can see how he would want to be involved to protect his investment, but he is just making some ridiculous decisions (mainly firing Silas). If he had a problem with the coach he should have waited til the end of the season cut him. This action single-handedly disrupted any kind of rythm this team had. Hopefully, they find a solution this summer because Lebron works way too hard to deserve to be with a team like this.
I agree...

and I'm sorry but if Silas was still coaching that team they'd be playing with a lot more determination and they'd defenitly be playing more defense...if for no other reason than because they'd be scared of him if they didn't...

I don't care if all the players on the team hated him...at this point they still wouldn't be playing THIS bad under him...and you still don't fire a coach when you are sitting in the 4th spot in PO run with 15 more regular season games left just cuz they are a slight down skid...they were playing great at the beginning of the year...and sure the tougher schedule definetly could have effected the team a bit but right now they are losing to teams they should be beating they've had the same team all year long they haven't made any trades (which btw they probably should have tried to work something out to get LbJ some help...in the similar fashion as the Celts did in getting Walker back to help Pierce and in the way that the Sixers intended when they picked up Chris to help AI)...IMO Dan Gilbert overreacted to a few bad games that they played and most likely to the fact that that Cavs team lost to Toronto (a team they should have beat) even though LbJ went for the career high 56 points...I mean could you imagine if the Kings org fired RA when we were sitting pretty in that 4-5 spot...just cuz we lost 4 games in a row...that would of broken everything down regardless or not if it would have been ET who took the team over...

another person I feel really bad for is Brendan Malone...

iheartBrad said:
...and you still don't fire a coach when you are sitting in the 4th spot in PO run with 15 more regular season games left just cuz they are a slight down skid...
Exactly...what in the world was he thinking?

iheartBrad said:
they were playing great at the beginning of the year...and sure the tougher schedule definetly could have effected the team a bit but right now they are losing to teams they should be beating they've had the same team all year long they haven't made any trades (which btw they probably should have tried to work something out to get LbJ some help...in the similar fashion as the Celts did in getting Walker back to help Pierce and in the way that the Sixers intended when they picked up Chris to help AI)
lol...they did actually make a last minute trade that they said would give some firepower....Jiri Welsch. Who'd of thought that he wasn't going to be the answer we needed? ;)

iheartBrad said:
another person I feel really bad for is Brendan Malone...
Definitely. Poor fella!

oh yeah I forgot about Jiri Welsch...thats not exactly the answer I was thinking either...though I don't really see him get much playing time...and that last game against us he was apart of that crew that got them back in the game...interesting

A

AriesMar27

it sucks for lebron.... eventhough i never really gave a ish about him to begin with.... too much hype...

but it sucks that his team is in such a sad position.... but they would have gotten eaten alive by miami.... let the nets get their asses kicked and hope that the cavs get a really good draft pick so they can trade away some of their garbage players...