CHRIS WEBBER

What's a Pell Mell Charge ?????

It took a TEAM EFFORT to get back in the game after being down by 10 mid-way thru the 4th.

Tag here - Bibby here and there - Peja struggles yet contributes - DC for some crucial points - B-Jax and his ANNOYING defense - Miller forcing a TO and keeping missed shots alive - and C-WEBB ... shakin' off that called-foul (thank you Milwaukee for only making one of two) ... taking the in-bounds pass (being fouled) ... taking the in-bounds pass AGAIN .. LOOKING-LOOKING-LOOKING (all in 3.4 seconds) ... then DECIDING ... thank the basketball gawds for this one and C-Webb's fairy gawd-mother !!!

It takes some cajones to take that shot without batting an eye. He knows if that shot doesn't go in, he's the scapegoat for the entire trip. On the bright side, maybe he is so used to it by now that it doesn't phase him;)

VF21 said:
When asked if it had been a tough road trip, he replied that they were ready to get home - back to the fans and their families. And he said it in that order.

Chris Webber may not be aperfect human being but I am awfully glad he's a Sacramento King.
True that VF, and that was a good point...makes me gain a little more respect for CWEBB...

Honestly that was a great shot...i found myself running around the house screamin...CHRIS WEBBER!!! CHRIS WEBBER!!! It was fantastic...I think this is a very good win going into the game tom against the Lakers, I want them to suffer, and I want the kings to have fun making them suffer...any who....thanks again for the insight VF...you are definitely the OBI WAN of the forum for that one.

It was very gratifying to see Chris move one step closer to silencing his critics that say he won't take the big shot or hit the walk off three. And while I doubt he'll see double coverage in crunch time it shows he cannot be ignored either. And just as there was plenty of blame to be spread on both teams and officials for a less than lackluster game until the last five minutes our guys decided to play the last five and escape with the W. Personally, I cannot believe they called CWebb for a brush foul on the perimeter with 4 seconds left in the game. Usually you don't hear whistles in the last 10 seconds except for the most flagrant of fouls. Glad CWebb had a chance to make it an non-issue. Games like this one can oft times be turning points for a season and while we're getting more than our share of wins several now have been of the ugly sort. Hope this will be a point where we all start trusting each other and playing better. CWebb's shot would have looked a lot better beating Minnesota!

VF21 said:
The "infamous Michigan timeout call" is history, pure and simple, and has been for a long time. If people are still using it to say ANYTHING, they need to move on...
lol...my bball coach used that incident as a lesson in practice yesterday...everyone turned at looked at me and my sister bcuz they know we are cwebb fans

It'll Never Go Away ...

Because it's HISTORY and the intensity/importance/effect it had in the NCAA Final Four was critical and crucial.

For people to reference it as a "THING NOT TO DO" ... cool. Even to reference it as a negative time in C-Webb's career is cool ... Chris has "MOVED ON".

But for people/individuals to use it to attack his character and try to establish a relationship between then and now ... MOVE ON

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Folsom Al said:
Because it's HISTORY and the intensity/importance/effect it had in the NCAA Final Four was critical and crucial.

For people to reference it as a "THING NOT TO DO" ... cool. Even to reference it as a negative time in C-Webb's career is cool ... Chris has "MOVED ON".

But for people/individuals to use it to attack his character and try to establish a relationship between then and now ... MOVE ON
Exactly.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I've made this point before -- Webb has actually been hitting game winners for several years now. I can even identify exactly when the change happened. Coming off of the bitter WCF disappointment with the Lakers, Webb came out in 02-03 determined to be more of a leader, determined to take those shots. Think getting so close helped him really take that next step. He hit one early that season (02-03), late Nov I think. Then he built on it, and hit another a few weeks later. Then another. By the end of the year he'd hit 4 or 5 and was absolutely looking for them. That was when the ghosts were banished, and he's wanted the ball ever since that time. Lot of people just living on an out of date stereotype since then.

Folsom Al said:

And technically, it never happened. All of that stuff that "supposedly" happened was erased from the record books...;)

Last edited:
Folsom Al said:

Exactly. I personally don't want my character defined by any of the dumb things I did in college! Granted I didn't do anything with such long ranging consequences for a team, or anything so public, but the point is that at some point you have to stop defining someone by what they did years ago. That doesn't mean it isn't a part of college basketball history, but it does mean (IMHO) that holding a grudge against CWebb at this point is just ridiculous.

Folsom Al said:

I am not defending those that want to criticize Cwebb but u gotta admit FA when he was called for the foul many were thinking about the infamous timeout.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
BigWaxer said:
I am not defending those that want to criticize Cwebb but u gotta admit FA when he was called for the foul many were thinking about the infamous timeout.
I was just thinking what a chicken sheeet call it was given the play that had been getting no calls. Miller was mugged repetedly, Pedja was getting bounced arround like a pin ball and Mike should have recived counciling from victims services. Webb reached in a little and did not apear to make any body to body contact... Honestly that was the only thing I was thinking.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigWaxer said:
I have to agree with Celt. I've been a fan of the NBA since 1963. When Webber was called for that foul, the Michigan game was the furthest thing from my mind. My first thought was, "WTF? If you don't call it AGAINST the Bucks, why the hell are you calling it against the Kings - and at this point???"

Okay, maybe all of that didn't cross my mind. Basically, I pictured the official tied to a tree, naked, with honey and molasses smeared all over his pathetic little body. I was standing next to him with a big jar of red ants and I was about to open the jar...

;)

Actually ...

BigWaxer said:
The thought that went thru my mind was "Geez-Aw Man !!! What a call - now get back to the game, forget the call ... please don't complain ... just play ... this thing ain't over yet".

Truthfully ....

C-Webb is our go to guy

VF21 said:
I have to agree with Celt. I've been a fan of the NBA since 1963. When Webber was called for that foul, the Michigan game was the furthest thing from my mind. My first thought was, "WTF? If you don't call it AGAINST the Bucks, why the hell are you calling it against the Kings - and at this point???"

Okay, maybe all of that didn't cross my mind. Basically, I pictured the official tied to a tree, naked, with honey and molasses smeared all over his pathetic little body. I was standing next to him with a big jar of red ants and I was about to open the jar...

;)
I was in the Redwoods this week so I had to drive 10 miles up a mountain in my workvan to get KHTK. The G-man said the same thing, that he couldn't believe they called a foul. I actually thought to myself befor the final play, what If C-webb makes a 3? When he did I went crazy! I screamed so loud I think I woke up the local Bigfoot in the area. I thought maybe this will get people off C-Webbs back a little. But then I remembered the Boston game two years ago, and about 4 others that year when he hit the game winner.Then I remembered when he hit the other clincher this year, I mean he's done it twice in 20 games already and people (Kings fans) still say that we don't have a go to guy. I just hope and pray whenever the game is on line Chris has the ball in his hands, no matter what any of his critics say. More often then not he'll hit the shot... or Team Dime for a good look, and thats all we can ask for.

Last edited: