Celtics and 76ers deal

I said before that I could easily see the Kings getting screwed. IMO, if Fultz, Jackson, Fox and Isaac are all off the board when #5 rolls around, they will be. The hope has been that Fox would be there. And perhaps some weird series of events could have Jackson there too. But if this rumored trade goes down, all 4 of those players could be gone.

Worst case scenario for me is Ball and Tatum being the only ones available. I want nothing to do with either.

If that trade does go down, I'd be thinking long and hard about trying to pry #2 away from LA so I could take my pick between Jackson or Fox.
In that situation I'd take Ball in a heartbeat.

Not surprised by this at all. Fultz is an awkward fit in Boston and Philly at 3 are in awkward spot where they are better if they stayed at 5 if they were to make the pick.

If everything goes to plan for Danny Ainge here then this doesn't really affect the Kings much. However, if Lakers pick Jackson (IMHO Ainge's target) then Boston will pick Fox.

If everything goes to plan for Danny Ainge here then this doesn't really affect the Kings much. However, if Lakers pick Jackson (IMHO Ainge's target) then Boston will pick Fox.
I can't see Boston taking Fox. If they wanted another point guard they would had stayed at #1 and taken Fultz. They have 3 PG they like already and a near MVP in IT.

I think Boston needs scoring help, I think they target Jackson and their fall back is Tatum at 3.

Not surprised by this at all. Fultz is an awkward fit in Boston and Philly at 3 are in awkward spot where they are better if they stayed at 5 if they were to make the pick.

I think Ainge would take Ball over Fox. Ball and IT can effectively share the court. I don't think Fox & IT can. Unless the plan is to let Thomas walk after next season.

Maybe Boston really is trying to acquire picks to trade for a star. If so I guess it depends on who Chicago wants. If they are going to trade Butler and start over then they could go in any direction

sixers have orlandos first round pick from the dario saric elfrid payton swap a few years ago.

they could technically trade kings, orlando and their pick this year to get fultz.

Totally agree.

I think this draft is top 5 heavy. Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum and Fox.

The Kings will get a very good player at 5, regardless of this Boston-Philly trade. :)
Just for the record, you think the Kings will take Tatum at #5 if Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Fox go Top 4?

In that situation I'd take Ball in a heartbeat.
And that's what frightens me. I just hope the Kings wouldn't do the same. Most on this site have been against the idea of trading #5 and #10 to ensure the player the team covets most. And to a point, I understand the trepidation. But if this trade goes down between BOS and PHI, it'd definitely put enough of a scare in me about how the order would then go, with the additional possibility of BOS trading down from #3 again to a team currently behind the Kings, that I'd make a trade for #2 (or #3).

While I'd love to sit at #5 and still get FOX, that just may not happen now. IMO, the Kings gotta come out of this draft with either Jackson or Fox. They are potential elite level players at positions of great need. I gotta have 1 of them.

If that trade doesn't happen, I'm ok with sitting tight at #5. If that trade goes down, I'm trading up to #2 (or #3) to get one of them.

We just need to cross our fingers that Boston doesn't trade that pick to Chicago or any other team that needs a PG.

I think if the current situation goes down with the Sixers at 1 and Boston at 3, we still have a solid shot of getting our man. If Chicago or another team enter the fray, the odds go wayyy down.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Looks like Chicago is throwing their hat in the ring.

If we miss out on Fox, I'm cool with Tatum. And if Vlade hits the phones and somehow nabs us one of Smith or Ntilikina to go along with Tatum? Gravy!

It's going to be a crazy draft. And thanks to us moving up from 8, we'll be walking away with talent no matter what.
?? Is there something about Chicago trying to trade into top 3?

So Maybe Boston gets Butler, Chicago gets #3 Okafor, picks, Philly gets #1

Good Haul for Chicago

If it goes Fultz,Ball,Fox,Jackson because of Chicago I will be sooo pissed

dude12

Hall of Famer
Pump the brakes on Chicago getting in on the deal. Not a part of the discussion. What might happen is that the deal falls apart and Boston takes JJ 1 and then LA takes Fultz at 2