Celtics and 76ers deal

Ball isn't going 1
He's saying IF no trade happens. Then Boston might take JJ #1. In that case I think Fultz & Ball go 2 & 3 respectively.

But I think if Boston stays at 1 they take Fultz. He has more value.

My question is if the trade DOES go through and Philly takes Fultz and LA takes Jackson, would Boston take Ball? If not, who?

And if they don't take Ball, would Phoenix?

dude12

Hall of Famer
He's saying IF no trade happens. Then Boston might take JJ #1. In that case I think Fultz & Ball go 2 & 3 respectively.

But I think if Boston stays at 1 they take Fultz. He has more value.

My question is if the trade DOES go through and Philly takes Fultz and LA takes Jackson, would Boston take Ball? If not, who?

And if they don't take Ball, would Phoenix?
Reading reports that Magic loves Fultz....then again, maybe it's smoke. I personally don't think Ball is a great fit in Philly.

If its JJ, Fultz first, does Philly trade down a little and take Monk, do they take Tatum and Phx takes Isaac leaving us either Fox or Ball to choose from?

Most likely, this deal goes through and I think Ball is a lock at 2

Part of me wonders if the Kings will get in on the deal for number 3 if the Celtics end up with the pick to jump Phoenix and get either Fox or Ball whichever they like better.

Part of me wonders if the Kings will get in on the deal for number 3 if the Celtics end up with the pick to jump Phoenix and get either Fox or Ball whichever they like better.
I read if celtics drafted at 5 instead of 3 they would save enough salary to sign a max free agent. If they are fine with either Jackson or Tatum and they are available at the 5, any possibility they draft fox and trade with us if we draft one of the sf? They still get their guy and save enough for a max. Didn't the Roy/foye trade happen without extra pieces involved or am I mistaken.

This trade is a good result for the Kings, I'm pretty sure the dominoes are falling in our favor.

Now it's just PHX we've gotta worry about taking Fox, I have my doubts they'll take him too..

This removes the wildcard of Philly at #3 from the equation.

This is a total powermove by the 76ers. It remains to be seen how it plays out for Boston, this is a great fit for Philly and for Fultz.

I read if celtics drafted at 5 instead of 3 they would save enough salary to sign a max free agent. If they are fine with either Jackson or Tatum and they are available at the 5, any possibility they draft fox and trade with us if we draft one of the sf? They still get their guy and save enough for a max. Didn't the Roy/foye trade happen without extra pieces involved or am I mistaken.
I think if we traded to #3 it would be for Jackson. I think we're gonna be content at #5 though when it's all said and done. Moving up or down from #10 on the other hand might be a priority.

Steve Kyler: I think Fultz is best guy, but Celtics have to build their team. Most NBA talent folks don’t see a huge gap between Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Fox
– via TwitterstevekylerNBA

Jeff Goodman: Just got off phone with another NBA guy — said same thing. Less disparity this year from 1 to 4 than in a long, long time.
– via Twitter GoodmanESPN

And here we're are sitting at #5. The life of a kings fan. :(
I really hope those Isaac to suns rumors are true
For what it's worth I was just in Phoenix this last week for work and the general consensus there is that the Suns are leaning heavily towards Isaac. They had a couple people close to the team on the local radio (by close to the team I mean a trainer, one of their local tv guys like Bobby Jackson, and a guy who writes for the paper) and they think Isaac will be the pick. Apparently the Suns front office are all still fond of Bledsoe as the starter and Ullis as a back up. Obviously this doesn't guarantee anything b/c so much can change and it can all be a big smokescreen, but the way they are portraying it down there makes it seem like the pick will be Isaac.

For what it's worth I was just in Phoenix this last week for work and the general consensus there is that the Suns are leaning heavily towards Isaac. They had a couple people close to the team on the local radio (by close to the team I mean a trainer, one of their local tv guys like Bobby Jackson, and a guy who writes for the paper) and they think Isaac will be the pick. Apparently the Suns front office are all still fond of Bledsoe as the starter and Ullis as a back up. Obviously this doesn't guarantee anything b/c so much can change and it can all be a big smokescreen, but the way they are portraying it down there makes it seem like the pick will be Isaac.
It makes sense. It really does. I'm a big-time Kentucky fan, the players involved here I've followed for quite some time. Devin Booker is phenomenal, way better than anyone could've ever expected, the youngest player in the history of the league to score 70 points.

Fox and Devin Booker have their virtues but I'm not sure if they're the best match, they're skinny.. To me Bledsoe, whos deal is a pretty good bargain IMO is a great fit next to Booker.

PHX started like 5 19 year olds last season or something stupid, their outlook is long-term. Waiting to fight another day, probably more so than any other team at this point. Isaac makes a ton of sense, and they don't need to rush him along. If player development is something you want your franchises calling card to be, Isaac has the potential to make you look real smart..

I do believe their GM McDonough is smart too, they say he knows pretty much all the prospects across the globe off the top of his head...

at this point I'm like on some crossing my fingers hoping for Fox to fall to #5 though, so I'm apt to believe it.

The one hangup I have is that I really like TJ Warren and Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender too, so Isaac seems a bit like they're overstacking the Forward spot. Who knows what their plan is, Isaac is the type of player that can net a big trade package down the road even if he's shown just flashes in limited minutes. He is a better athlete than Brandon Ingram, there's plenty of ways to justify taking him that high..

It makes sense. It really does. I'm a big-time Kentucky fan, the players involved here I've followed for quite some time. Devin Booker is phenomenal, way better than anyone could've ever expected, the youngest player in the history of the league to score 70 points.

Fox and Devin Booker have their virtues but I'm not sure if they're the best match, they're skinny.. To me Bledsoe, whos deal is a pretty good bargain IMO is a great fit next to Booker.

PHX started like 5 19 year olds last season or something stupid, their outlook is long-term. Waiting to fight another day, probably more so than any other team at this point. Isaac makes a ton of sense, and they don't need to rush him along. If player development is something you want your franchises calling card to be, Isaac has the potential to make you look real smart..

I do believe their GM McDonough is smart too, they say he knows pretty much all the prospects across the globe off the top of his head...

at this point I'm like on some crossing my fingers hoping for Fox to fall to #5 though, so I'm apt to believe it.

The one hangup I have is that I really like TJ Warren and Marquese Chriss and Dragan Bender too, so Isaac seems a bit like they're overstacking the Forward spot. Who knows what their plan is, Isaac is the type of player that can net a big trade package down the road even if he's shown just flashes in limited minutes. He is a better athlete than Brandon Ingram, there's plenty of ways to justify taking him that high..
I think Eric Bledsoe is one of the most underappreciated players in the league. Last year he put up 21/5/6/1.5 on 43% shooting. Not great shooting, but he's at 45% for his career. He's also only 27 years old. Yet somehow he is viewed by many as a very replaceable player. Also it's not like he's on a crazy deal. He's only set to make 15MM a year until 2019.

I think TJ Warren is a great player, but he also hasn't proven to be anything more than a solid role player. From my perspective SF is a bigger whole for them than PG.

I think Eric Bledsoe is one of the most underappreciated players in the league. Last year he put up 21/5/6/1.5 on 43% shooting. Not great shooting, but he's at 45% for his career. He's also only 27 years old. Yet somehow he is viewed by many as a very replaceable player. Also it's not like he's on a crazy deal. He's only set to make 15MM a year until 2019.

I think TJ Warren is a great player, but he also hasn't proven to be anything more than a solid role player. From my perspective SF is a bigger whole for them than PG.
Bledose is constantly hurt is the issue, not his production when he's on the floor. But I agree they're taking a sf... Whoever's left of Jackson/Tatum. Kings are good at five if Fox is the target imo.

Last edited:

Bledsoe isn't under appreciated he's a known injury risk.

****ing wow. Can't believe Fultz is going to Philadelphia. Wow. Biggest shocker. Philly is going to be an elite squad in a few years if everyone stays healthy.

Wtf Boston? I guess they really did love Jackson. Angie loved Winslow too

Something interesting, I think this tells us that the Kings were in legitimate trade talks for #1 before it all fizzled out. Reporters have said the Celts have had talks with other teams all month too. I'm guessing one od them was the Kings and that's why Fultz was scheduling to come for a workout. However, i guess something fell through the cracks, or it was in the early stages of talks.

Interesting.

I would've considered this a steal for the Celtics getting our '19 pick and the Lakers '18 pick along with 3... except for the fact that there's supposed to be protections on them.

Gives us something additional to root for. I'd love to screw over the Celtics in '19 by not losing enough games. That'd be funny.

So what happens if lakers take Jackson? What will Boston do? I wouldn't mind swapping picks with them and taking on a bad contract to draft ball.

No way is Ainge spending all these picks on Butler. My guess is he targets Anthony Davis after free agency. He'll unleash the Boston media in mid-July. Simmons is already trailblazing on that front. But, they still need to shed salary...wonder if we get involved in a small trade up to #3. Especially if the Lakers and Suns do swap.

For as weak as the East has been the past decade or so, it's likely about to get a lot better. Boston is already pretty good and has a load of draft picks to leverage in trade. Philly has the makings of a really nice young core with whomever they draft #1, assuming their health issues are over. Washington is on the rise and might be able to land Boogie after this season. Even Milwaukee is looking pretty good.

No way is Ainge spending all these picks on Butler. My guess is he targets Anthony Davis after free agency. He'll unleash the Boston media in mid-July. Simmons is already trailblazing on that front. But, they still need to shed salary...wonder if we get involved in a small trade up to #3. Especially if the Lakers and Suns do swap.
They better hope Davis/Boogie don't work although they were clicking by seasons end now they'll have training camp and a better roster.

So what happens if lakers take Jackson? What will Boston do? I wouldn't mind swapping picks with them and taking on a bad contract to draft ball.
Lets hope its Isaac or Tatum, that'll leave the Kings with either Ball or Fox a Jackpot scenario... Boston's obviously got some sort of contingency plan in place. I really do have ahunch the Lakers are gonna take Jackson.. We'll see.

However if that happens I could see them taking Ball or (I hate to say it) Fox..

Lets hope its Isaac or Tatum, that'll leave the Kings with either Ball or Fox a Jackpot scenario... Boston's obviously got some sort of contingency plan in place. I really do have ahunch the Lakers are gonna take Jackson.. We'll see.

However if that happens I could see them taking Ball or (I hate to say it) Fox..
Lakers are gonna take Ball when it's all said and done unless they can trade down... I feel pretty confident about that.

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Fox

Feeling good about those first five at this point.

I can see the Celtics trying to get our 10th pick to package with their 3rd pick to trade for Butler. They are win now, and would probably rather have a veteran than a rookie at SF. Chicago at 3 would probably draft Jackson or Fox if they were at 3. If C's keep the 3rd pick then they definitely take Jackson. Fultz/Ball/Jackson .. Suns need a SF over a PG but who knows..

I think Fox will fall to us. Start him instantly and keep him in game with Buddy and Bogdan at SF (if he comes over) and maybe Skal at PF and WCS at C. Try to build a core from those players and trade away whatever doesn't work.