Carmichael Dave vs. Jay Bilas

Jay Bilas would have me rethinking sending my kid to Duke, if I was ever seriously considering it in the first place...... :p

In all seriousness, I’m glad Dave, Grant and Doug all challenged his false assertion. These national media folk need to be held accountable for their shoddy reporting.

I just wish Vince Carter wouldn’t have held back when he heard or read the comments and had chosen to publically refute them via social media. After all, the ultimate authority on the topic would come from the players themselves.

Perhaps more of the Kings players will speak out on this when asked.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jay Bilas would have me rethinking sending my kid to Duke, if I was ever seriously considering it in the first place...... :p

In all seriousness, I’m glad Dave, Grant and Doug all challenged his false assertion. These national media folk need to be held accountable for their shoddy reporting.

I just wish Vince Carter wouldn’t have held back when he heard or read the comments and had chosen to publically refute them via social media. After all, the ultimate authority on the topic would come from the players themselves.

Perhaps more of the Kings players will speak out on this when asked.
I think it's now a dead subject and I don't expect the Kings to speak out any further in that regard.

Vince said it all. No need to give Bilas any more air time on this.

I think it's now a dead subject and I don't expect the Kings to speak out any further in that regard.

Vince said it all. No need to give Bilas any more air time on this.
See, I don’t believe it’s a dead subject. As long as the National media keeps up with this jaded opinion toward the Kings and it goes unchallenged, it’ll effect their ability in FA.

While the Kings aren’t at a level to attract good or great FA’s they will find it difficult to attract even marginal ones if the belief outside of the area is that nothing has changed or is changing. The National media helps perpetuate that narrative.

See, I don’t believe it’s a dead subject. As long as the National media keeps up with this jaded opinion toward the Kings and it goes unchallenged, it’ll effect their ability in FA.

While the Kings aren’t at a level to attract good or great FA’s they will find it difficult to attract even marginal ones if the belief outside of the area is that nothing has changed or is changing. The National media helps perpetuate that narrative.
I agree which is why I think it was HUGE VC went on with Doug and Grant and laid it to rest. At this point it has nothing to do with Bilas and everything to do with changing the national perception. Good post.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I should have been more clear. I think the Jay Bilas comment is dead; I think the subject will still be brought up but when someone like Vinsanity says it's not true, players will listen. Most players don't listen to the national media anyway.