Carmichael Dave and "the sky is falling" crowd about the TWolves game

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is very different from a coach like Pop resting a bunch of guys and having bench rotation set up. That's an approach where you're planning something ahead of time and the players are prepared. Tonight was more like giving up and it was quite weird.

The start of the third quarterwas amusing, but that's what the TWolves get for hyping themselves up for scoring on third stringers.

Meanwhile, Carmichael Dave is having some sort of meltdown on twitter.
Wow. Talk about false narrative. CD isn't having a meltdown so much as he's ridiculing the "fans" who are saying Joerger is a fool, he should never have thrown in the towel so early, etc. People who are spitting venom because they wasted their valuable time watching this game? Your TV doesn't have an off switch? You cannot change channels?

Sorry, swisshh, but I think Dave is utterly and completely right.

Wow. Talk about false narrative. CD isn't having a meltdown so much as he's ridiculing the "fans" who are saying Joerger is a fool, he should never have thrown in the towel so early, etc. People who are spitting venom because they wasted their valuable time watching this game? Your TV doesn't have an off switch? You cannot change channels?

When a fan feels cheated, lookout. However, a whiny, ungrateful fan is extremely intolerable. Win goes to CD here.

Dave is having a meltdown. Sorry if that irks you.

He's responding to every fan for no reason and acting like a jagoff. This doesn't really accomplish anything other than spamming the twitter pages of people who follow him. It's not rational behavior by any means and he tends to have these twitter meltdowns here and there. This is just one of the worst because he's responding to everyone.

And the fans have a right to be upset that the team gave up in the 2nd quarter. Let them be angry. They'll get it out of their system. That's largely what something like late night sports radio does. Angry fans call up, rant, the guy listens and then its over.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

He's responding to every fan for no reason and acting like a jagoff. This doesn't really accomplish anything other than spamming the twitter pages of people who follow him. It's not rational behavior by any means and he tends to have these twitter meltdowns here and there. This is just one of the worst because he's responding to everyone.

And the fans have a right to be upset that the team gave up in the 2nd quarter. Let them be angry. They'll get it out of their system. That's largely what something like late night sports radio does. Angry fans call up, rant, the guy listens and then its over.
Yeah...whatever. LOL. I've known Dave for over 20 years. That's not a meltdown.

Meltdowns are called for sometimes. For the Kings maybe it's a good sign. It's nice to have something worth melting down over. Lol. It doesn't matter what Dave or anyone thinks, pulling your top 8 in the 2nd quarter is extremely unusual regardless of circumstances.

I think he’s just highlighting absurdity, and it looks pretty funny. I bet he’s getting way more action than what hes responding to... social media is brutal and I think his tactics are preserving his sanity and not a reflection of him losing it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Since when did 'clapback' become synonymous with 'meltdown'?

Lol.

VF and Slim and the shoot straight gang already covered it. Game sucked and my timeline was a cesspool, so I made some time to have fun.

Meltdown? You’ve obviously never seen me melt down on twitter.

My guess, and I’ll just bet I’m right, is that you disagree with what i said, therefore it’s a “meltdown”.

You’re likely 16-25

And I’ll just bet you were one of the people on twitter I had fun with. Seriously, what’s your twitter handle? Be honest.

Anyway, I was laughing all night. Sometimes when the sky is falling crowd starts squawking, snark is fun

Isn’t this the purpose of Twitter? Sorry, but if you want a civilized discussion, time to get off Twitter.

Since when did 'clapback' become synonymous with 'meltdown'?
Rate and frequency of behavior. Signs of lack of self control. Responding to the least rational things in the least rational way. In a more simplified formula, it's: response rate(speed and volume) -(typing level) - rational objective = meltdown. So dave had high frequency (it was spam level) and suspect typing (all caps one tweet then lowercase, incomplete thoughts, teenager like phrasing) and and no feasible objective. (Angry fans being allowed to rant diffuses anger better than low level engagement. No good reason to even engage in this act.) So the rate was high, the typing level was negative so it ends up adding to the equation, and the noblest idea of what he was doing was weak.

I get idiotic responses all the time, but I parse out the worst ones and if I respond to one then I pick the one that could be made useful. When you're responding frequently and with low effort then it's not you who is really in control.

It was just an observation and not worth an entire thread. I imagine others recognized it as well. Just one more odd thing from tonight.

edit: I just realized that my more simplified formula is not simpler. Oh well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Rate and frequency of behavior. Signs of lack of self control. Responding to the least rational things in the least rational way. In a more simplified formula, it's: response rate(speed and volume) -(typing level) - rational objective = meltdown. So dave had high frequency (it was spam level) and suspect typing (all caps one tweet then lowercase, incomplete thoughts, teenager like phrasing) and and no feasible objective. (Angry fans being allowed to rant diffuses anger better than low level engagement. No good reason to even engage in this act.) So the rate was high, the typing level was negative so it ends up adding to the equation, and the noblest idea of what he was doing was weak.

I get idiotic responses all the time, but I parse out the worst ones and if I respond to one then I pick the one that could be made useful. When you're responding frequently and with low effort then it's not you who is really in control.

It was just an observation and not worth an entire thread. I imagine others recognized it as well. Just one more odd thing from tonight.
My dear Dr. Swisshh...

The "suspect typing" was a parody. His objective was pretty obvious, but apparently it went whoosh...

You have a good night. Maybe take a nice walk and turn in early. While you're outside, you might want to look around and see if you can find your sense of humor.

TTFN!

edit: I just realized that my more simplified formula is not simpler. Oh well.

Well the pompous thing to say would be: I tend to know how to use twitter fairly well

But instead I will just point out that you’re obviously not familiar with the Spongebob method of mocking people you think are being silly. Look it up. That will explain the mismatched caps

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Rate and frequency of behavior. Signs of lack of self control. Responding to the least rational things in the least rational way. In a more simplified formula, it's: response rate(speed and volume) -(typing level) - rational objective = meltdown. So dave had high frequency (it was spam level) and suspect typing (all caps one tweet then lowercase, incomplete thoughts, teenager like phrasing) and and no feasible objective.
LOL, that's exactly what clapback looks like.