Can we talk about the game now???

Well, I had more to add before the other thread was locked, but I guess it could have gone on ad nauseum. It served its purpose, which was to get everyone riled up for the game. Before, I just wanted to beat them, now I want to stomp them.

So, what is everyone's take on the game? Strengths? Weaknesses? Match-ups? (Anything but hairdo's!)

Still_JD

Hey JD
Who is your favorite player for the monarchs?
Tangela has her own website at tangelasmith.com. She really wants the monarchs fans to join her website. I gave a special shot-out to her and she replied back. Tangela's website is so cool. Nice pics, journal, everything. so check out her website.

Thanks!
Tiff
Go Monarchs!

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that the thread locked before I could add my two cents but it was a good call on Diva's part. I had no intention of debating with those folks ad naseum.

I'll stick to my gut feeling that the M's just need to come up with a game plan and execute it. Defend your home court and take care of business on the road. Play 40 minutes of relentless defense, everybody crash the glass and attack the basket. If you get Burse, Jackson and Vodichkova in foul trouble - exploit that with the bigs you have going to the basket. The guards have to score this series.

This is their third trip to the conference finals, so they know what to expect here. What kept them from the WNBA Finals last year was poor execution down the stretch. They solved those issues in games 1 and games 3 in round one this year. This is a veteran ballclub, they need to act like it and take care of business. Play hard and smart and together.....and the series is yours.

Hmmm...Third trip? Let's hope its the proverbial "charm."

It is no little know fact the M's bread and butter is their defense. They execute it, they'll have every chance in the world to not only win the first game, but the series. Looking back at the season series I don't even know what to think. The way this team is playing now, is no comparison to what they were when most of those games took place, and the most recent one, the only one that they did win, is no true example of the match up because the Storm where missing LJ.

This team is confident. The coaching staff has had ample time to prepare. I really don't like Seattle's defense, I think the M's far outshine them in that area. If the M's can get into a groove offensively, then they can really take advantage of them.

Looking at the match ups individually, I don't think I know enough about all of their players to even attempt to analyze it.

Gee....we'll see. The M's seems to have chip on their shoulder...I like it like that.

ReinadelosReys said:
Looking at the match ups individually, I don't think I know enough about all of their players to even attempt to analyze it.

Gee....we'll see. The M's seems to have chip on their shoulder...I like it like that.
When I saw Seattle in the first matchup of the year I was very impressed. I thought that Steve....I mean Sue Bird's game looked a lot like Steve Nash's. I even got a chance to meet her (class act) But I thought the M's first five matched up pretty well. It was the bench that I thought got thouroughly outplayed.

I am convinced that if Bird does not play or does not play well, The Storm have no chance at all. She is the one that makes it go. Here are my five keys to a series victory.

1. "Yo" must be very physical with whoever she guards and whoever guards her. Jackson or Vodichkova. Although she is the so-called best player in the world (and I tend to believe that) Jackson is not very physical. She is peremter oriented. 115 3-point attempts for a "big". 24 rebounds in 3 games against the Monarchs ONLY 3 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS. Make her engage in physical contact under the basket.

1a. De-Mya, flop like hell just to pee the Storm fans off (I hope ya'll are reading):D

2. Edna Campbell must make Betty lenox work hard on the defensive end. Do not allow her the opportunity to rest on defense. She will only take that energy to the offensive end and school her.

3. "Pocohontas" must continue to be aggressive. Do not disappear on us now. The team needs TS to continue to play with passion.

4. Play to your strength. Rebounding, defense and energy off the bench. Do not engage in a three point war.

5. Ticha must break down the defense with dribble penatration. Make Bird have to see out of the side of that mask, impare her vision by running her into pick after pick, screen after screen by taking the ball to the bucket. Storm announcers feel that although she will play with the mask, it is going to be a huge challenge for her.

Last edited:
Purple Reign said:
1a. De-Mya, flop like hell just to pee the Storm fans off (I hope ya'll are reading):D
I've always said she was a Magna Cum Laude from the Vlade School of Flopping!!!

This is all in fun folks......;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Just play Monarchs ball at 100% effort.

And I agree: DeMya, flop, flop, flop...even if they touch you with their pinkie. :D :p

Our Time To Shine

:) HAHAHA WELL THE MONARCHS NEED TO PLAY WITH THE SAME INTENSITY THEY HAD IN GAME 3. DIVE AFTER BALLS, GO ALL OUT FOR 40 MINUTES. JUST GET THE JOB DONE. WE HAVE TO WANT IT MORE THAN THEY DO, SO LETS SHOW EM HOW WE DO IT OVER HERE IN SAC.!!
GO MONARCHS!!! ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!!