Can We Cut Sloan Now Please?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I know the Kings just signed him, but is there anything other face-saving that would cause you to keep him? He showed me absolutely nothing in summer league. His defense was aweful. His offense was aweful. When I watched him I kept asking myself: What was it exactly that caused Kings management to target you for the high second round? Couldn't figure it out. Thank goodness that Whiteside dropped into the second round. Otherwise, Sloan would have been the guy.

Who were the FA guys in the summer league that looked good that Petrie might sign?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
First off, his contract isn't guaranteed. So its meaningless in that regard. He probably got some up front money to sign. From watching him in the summer league I'll be shocked if he makes the team. Ellie wasn't that impressed with him and gave him the quick hook many times during the summer league games. It was obvious toward the end that the players he liked the most were Christmas, Thompson, and Landesberg. None of whom are points guards. Ellie even has Christmas playing point on a couple of occasions. Christmas impressed me the most because of his defense. He drove the other teams guards nuts with his aggressiveness. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of them invited to camp.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I guess, nothing. If they need a body, I guess he's the guy. But it would be nice to have a body that actually had a chance to make the roster.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
First off, his contract isn't guaranteed. So its meaningless in that regard. He probably got some up front money to sign. From watching him in the summer league I'll be shocked if he makes the team. Ellie wasn't that impressed with him and gave him the quick hook many times during the summer league games. It was obvious toward the end that the players he liked the most were Christmas, Thompson, and Landesberg. None of whom are points guards. Ellie even has Christmas playing point on a couple of occasions. Christmas impressed me the most because of his defense. He drove the other teams guards nuts with his aggressiveness. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of them invited to camp.
From what I saw, Landesberg also looked pretty aggressive. When others were drooping from all the games, he kept on driving to the basket.

How did you see Christmas bother guys with his defense while I watched him get burned time and time again? In the Raptors game, Sonny Weems nearly sent him to the floor on one possession. Yes, he can play better defense relative to Casspi (the Wolves game), but he is in no way a better defender than Ryan Thompson, who, as we know, was isolated on the most important defensive possession of the summer league (against the Bulls) and not only did he shut down the Bulls all by himself, he ignited the fast break that won the game.

Mario Elie loved his defense so much that he put him on Jeremy Lin. The Mavericks countered by setting a lot of screens for Lin, who moved (moves) incredibly without the ball and was able to create oceans of space for himself. So unfortunately that did not work, although it did work when Ryan Thompson was fighting through picks to guard Dominique Jones.

Also yes let's get rid of Sloan.

Last edited:
How did you see Christmas bother guys with his defense while I watched him get burned time and time again? In the Raptors game, Sonny Weems nearly sent him to the floor on one possession. Yes, he can play better defense relative to Casspi (the Wolves game), but he is in no way a better defender than Ryan Thompson, who, as we know, was isolated on the most important defensive possession of the summer league (against the Bulls) and not only did he shut down the Bulls all by himself, he ignited the fast break that won the game.

Mario Elie loved his defense so much that he put him on Jeremy Lin. The Mavericks countered by setting a lot of screens for Lin, who moved (moves) incredibly without the ball and was able to create oceans of space for himself. So unfortunately that did not work, although it did work when Ryan Thompson was fighting through picks to guard Dominique Jones.

Also yes let's get rid of Sloan.
Actually I agree with Baja, Christmas was very impressive. Every time he got out there he made it a point to be in his man's face. I thought for a person who is not the greatest athlete he made up for it by playing tough hard nosed defense.