California Classic Game 2 Kings versus Heat 7/2/19

I'm not going to give Vlade that much credit on Guy because if he actually really really liked him he would have drafted him at 40 or even 47. Trading back to 55 was a risky move for someone Vlade liked (allegedly) when he was projected in most mock drafts to go a little before that.

Granted I'm glad the Kings got him but they should have drafted him earlier if they actually had faith in him. As I mentioned in the Kyle Guy thread after he was drafted........if you can make 3's at a high percentage in the NBA, they will absolutely find a spot for you and find playing time. Especially in today's 3-point obsessed NBA. If you can get your shot off and make a high percentage of them they will find a way to get you on the court.
I understand that Guy was Vivek’s guy and not Vlade’s guy, although he left the Guy decision up to Vlade, who picked Guy after he got his guy. (I’m bs’ng here, for all of you just waiting to pounce on Vivek...)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I understand that Guy was Vivek’s guy and not Vlade’s guy, although he left the Guy decision up to Vlade, who picked Guy after he got his guy. (I’m bs’ng here, for all of you just waiting to pounce on Vivek...)
The interesting thing is that despite being drafted lower, Guy has gotten the "last man announced" honor in the starting lineups both games. James didn't even start game 1. We're treating him as if he were the higher pick. This might suggest that we like Guy better, but had intel that he would last and James would not.

The interesting thing is that despite being drafted lower, Guy has gotten the "last man announced" honor in the starting lineups both games. James didn't even start game 1. We're treating him as if he were the higher pick. This might suggest that we like Guy better, but had intel that he would last and James would not.
That or James was just a crappy pick that no one will remember or care because of guy... basketball for 200 Alex. Who was the second round pick before Kyle Guy!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
That or James was just a crappy pick that no one will remember or care because of guy... basketball for 200 Alex. Who was the second round pick before Kyle Guy!
Alen Smailagic. Didn't even have to look it up! (I would have a month from now, though)

Edit: Whoops! Answered "Who was the pick before Justin James?" Gotta read more carefully. And nope, I don't remember who went #54.