[Game] California Classic 2023, Day 2 (7/5/2023): Kings vs. Heat 7pm Pacific, 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Jordan Ford could be a better NBA backup than Dellavedova. Wonder if he has any real chance of making the roster
Right now the Kings have 13 players signed (or who have agreed to contracts):

C Sabonis/Len
PF Barnes/Lyles/Vezenkov
SF Murray/Edwards/Jones
SG Huerter/Monk/Duarte
PG Fox/Mitchell

My guess is that they sign Queta as a 3rd center and grab a third string PG. But they were rumored to be after Torrey Craig, so McNair may want more wing help and either feels like Lyles will get significant minutes as a smallball 5 and/or Monk can serve as the 3rd PG if De'Aaron or Davion get hurt.

C Sabonis/Len
PF Barnes/Lyles/Vezenkov
SF Murray/Edwards/Jones
SG Huerter/Monk/Duarte
PG Fox/Mitchell

My guess is that they sign Queta as a 3rd center and grab a third string PG. But they were rumored to be after Torrey Craig, so McNair may want more wing help and either feels like Lyles will get significant minutes as a smallball 5 and/or Monk can serve as the 3rd PG if De'Aaron or Davion get hurt.
Craig signed with the Bulls already

dude12

Hall of Famer

C Sabonis/Len
PF Barnes/Lyles/Vezenkov
SF Murray/Edwards/Jones
SG Huerter/Monk/Duarte
PG Fox/Mitchell

Have to include PJ Dozier as a potential guy who can run 3rd string PG AND be a smaller wing. They like him and he brings some positional flexibility…..but maybe Colby Jones eliminates him

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to include PJ Dozier as a potential guy who can run 3rd string PG AND be a smaller wing. They like him and he brings some positional flexibility…..but maybe Colby Jones eliminates him
True. He currently is signed but with an unguaranteed contract.

I think Jordan Ford could be a better NBA backup than Dellavedova. Wonder if he has any real chance of making the roster
Delly is physically very strong. Ford is a better offensive player than Delly - but is super light. 3rd pg is a tough role that usually doesn’t play to Ford’s abilities (spark plug offensive player). Usually you want a low usage guy in the 3rd pg role. Where Ford is best when you put the ball in his hands.

Delly is physically very strong. Ford is a better offensive player than Delly - but is super light. 3rd pg is a tough role that usually doesn’t play to Ford’s abilities (spark plug offensive player). Usually you want a low usage guy in the 3rd pg role. Where Ford is best when you put the ball in his hands.
Having watched most of last year´s G-League games, my main concern is that he lacks the mind set to be a playmaker, and that Hes too focused on scoring and attacking the basket instead of creating and distributing the ball, however this could be related to a lack of contract and a need to get noticed on the court and stat-sheets.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Nnaji’s playing fairly well but the way he walks like his feet are numb and he’s trying not to trip over them is concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.