C Webb's new Sacramento restaurant

Just thought I'd pass on this piece of news since Chris Webber will be in town tonight:

From chriswebber.com (click on news) -

"Center Court with C Webb" to be one of at least 10 restaurants partnered with successful restaurant entrepreneurs Dudum Sports & Entertainment, founders of McCoveys and Bing Crosby's.

"Center Court with C Webb" is scheduled to open in Fall 2006 in Sacramento Gateway - The Village (Truxel and Interstate 80). It will be one of ten family"

(the end was cut off and have no idea what it says)

Channel 3 had a small segment on the groundbreaking ceremony today. It looks like it's going to be a really nice restaurant with NBA memorabilla and videos. Chris looked great. :p I hope it's a huge success.

ok...someone on this board will have to pose this question sooner or later, so it might as well be me...

...do they serve soul food at CWebb's new restaurant? ;)

This will answer your question and taken from today's Bee article (wish I read this before posting the news) -

Webber said years ago that he would remain loyal to the Sacramento community. He's still standing by his word. Webber will announce today in a news conference that he's opening a restaurant in Natomas sometime next spring. It will be called "Center Court with C-Webb." He'll also be a partner in nine other restaurants to open around the country.

Soul food menus for all, sir?

"No, no, not the soul food," Webber said, laughing, recalling the irony of how he wondered why there weren't more soul-food joints in Sacramento several years ago. "This will be a burger and fries joint, a sports setting."

Webber said he'll be a hands-on owner once his playing days are over. He wants the place to be a haven for families and athletes.

"I think when a player leaves a city, that's when your character is proven," Webber said. "I always said I'd be a part of Sacramento."

I'm sure the place will be a success. The Lemmings will all go to that place just because it's the place to go.....and so will I...My Question is...If Sacramento ever gets a new Arena (perhaps in another location --downtown for example)...How will "Center Court with C Webb" and the rest of all those places do the business they are accustomed to? Natomas isnt THAT big......Should be Cool ......Hurry Up and build this now C-Webb!!!! I'm all excited about this ...

Part of Mike0476's post:
..."No, no, not the soul food," Webber said, laughing, recalling the irony of how he wondered why there weren't more soul-food joints in Sacramento several years ago. "This will be a burger and fries joint, a sports setting."

Until the time when it opens, is there currently any decent sports bars in the North Natomas area? You would think that with the proximity to Arco, there'd be lots of them, but I haven't seen any.

And please don't say Applebees! That doesn't count as a sport bar, IMO.

Ya this should be pretty cool. I still haven't went to Vlade's restaurant but thats more high end right?

I am a burger and fries type of guy.

One in Philly..yay!! That's cool (no more McCorrmick and Schmicks Loopy, lol) How much u wanna bet the restaurant will be on Shunk Street lol
LMAO. We'll still be at Mccormicks, trust me. You know that's my fav. restaurant and I can go to the one here now too:D If he opens a restaurant on Shunk St., I won't go:mad: It could be on Chestnut though lol