Buss vs. Shaq!

mavsman said:
You get the feeling Shaq was really hurt a lot more than he said he was with the trade. He's a grown man - grownups don't play games like this in the media.
...but then, Shaq hasn't alway acted like a grownup.

JayBird said:
A starting line-up of Odom, Butler, Shaq, Atkins, and Jones would have made the playoffs.
Not with Odom missing 18 games like he did and with Shaq missing 16 games like Kobe did. The Lakers would've made the playoffs without those injuries to Kobe and Odom. Rest assured on that one.

hoopsfan said:
ALONE is the key word...Kobe had scrubs for help...scrubs who all had the best season in their careers. In case you didn't notice, Shaq's never proven he can do it alone either.
Isn't he on his way to proving it right now? I'm not saying Miami will win it all, but they are off to a pretty good start.

KP said:
Isn't he on his way to proving it right now? I'm not saying Miami will win it all, but they are off to a pretty good start.
If alone means having Wade on your team then can Mike Bibby be alone too?

They should have to compete on American Gladiator.

Arison, Shaq, and Wade vs. Buss, Kupchak, and Kobe. Winner gets to lambast the other in national media for two weeks unopposed.

KP said:

Wow...number 1 beating number 8. I'm impressed...:rolleyes: (Wade is a scrub??)

hoopsfan said:
Wow...number 1 beating number 8. I'm impressed...:rolleyes: (Wade is a scrub??)
They did sweep them easily. You should be careful you might look back at this post in a couple of weeks and cringe. Wade isn't a scrub but he wasn't even in Kobe's league until Shaq got there...hmm.. I wonder why he is so good now... and what about the Jones boys having career years... hmm what could be the key ingredient... Udonis Haslem(lol)...what's different for these guys... why are they all playing so well... I guess we'll never know.

KP said:
They did sweep them easily. You should be careful you might look back at this post in a couple of weeks and cringe. Wade isn't a scrub but he wasn't even in Kobe's league until Shaq got there...hmm.. I wonder why he is so good now... and what about the Jones boys having career years... hmm what could be the key ingredient... Udonis Haslem(lol)...what's different for these guys... why are they all playing so well... I guess we'll never know.
Wade and Kobe have all of their success because of Shaq. Their hard work and God-given talent don't really mean s***. Shaq is the guy who made their careers and he'll be the first to tell you that too.

PS: let's pretend that Wade wasn't talented enough to be taken 5th in the draft. He didn't become anything until Shaq taught him the finer skills necessary to dominate the league as a guard and also how to stay in tip-top physical condition. Shaq taught Kobe the same things. He spent hours and hours in the gym with both Kobe and Wade helping them hone their skills.