Buddy's got heart

One of the most entertaining game of Buddy I've watched.
Not because of his scoring and shooting but because of his heart, hustle and refusal of giving it up when everything was going wrong.
He really set the tone with his energy and there is no way the Kings are coming back without him in this one.
That is what character and leadership are about.

In this offense he is going to get alot of open looks. Mixing some drives in to keep folks honest and him knowing as long as he finds that open spot his teammates will find him instead of just finding a spot and standing there.

I have preached that we need that one player who gives us 20 a night and he has done it in a balanced attacking offense.

If he continues this he should make the all star game but unfortunately a lot of that is political and the league has their favorites and we are not them yet.

Love this team.

In this offense he is going to get alot of open looks. Mixing some drives in to keep folks honest and him knowing as long as he finds that open spot his teammates will find him instead of just finding a spot and standing there.

I have preached that we need that one player who gives us 20 a night and he has done it in a balanced attacking offense.

If he continues this he should make the all star game but unfortunately a lot of that is political and the league has their favorites and we are not them yet.

Love this team.
We'll have two 20pt scorers once Bagley gets his full starter minutes.

One of the great performances by a King in recent memory last night 12/21 against the Griz. Both ends of the floor. Non-stop high level of effort.
Buddy is in an elite class of shooters that never lose their confidence.
HIs defense has improved massively.
He a great rebounding guard.
He moves without the ball.
He has learned to dribble less.
He never gives up.
People need to start appreciating him.

Yes I agree Bagley will be that other person but it may take a year or two.
The coach must be smiling as when healthy he has a lot of weapons he can use. I thought it may take another year for this group to gell and we still need a few pieces but our back court is very very good.

I am pleased with our early progress offensively and actually kinda happy with the way the defensive plays for stretches when needed.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Wasn't all the talk at the time that Buddy was Vivek's guy? ;)
Yup. Vivek apparently whispered something along the lines of "we're still gonna get you" in Buddy's ear when we played the Pels (before the Cuz trade). There was also a lot of rumors that in a Cuz trade, Vivek demanded a return of either Buddy or Ingram.

I talked a lot of poop on Vivek for this, so I remember! I'm also super happy to say I was wrong. Buddy is a beast. I'll also begrudgingly admit that Vivek hasn't been that bad himself lately.

VF21.... you can like this post, but don't quote me. :p;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yup. Vivek apparently whispered something along the lines of "we're still gonna get you" in Buddy's ear when we played the Pels (before the Cuz trade). There was also a lot of rumors that in a Cuz trade, Vivek demanded a return of either Buddy or Ingram.

I talked a lot of poop on Vivek for this, so I remember! I'm also super happy to say I was wrong. Buddy is a beast. I'll also begrudgingly admit that Vivek hasn't been that bad himself lately.

VF21.... you can like this post, but don't quote me. :p;)
I would never stoop to that level.

One of the most entertaining game of Buddy I've watched.
Not because of his scoring and shooting but because of his heart, hustle and refusal of giving it up when everything was going wrong.
He really set the tone with his energy and there is no way the Kings are coming back without him in this one.
That is what character and leadership are about.
I also liked the fact he was the only one not using the back to back excuse against Minnesota. Buddy is always ready to rock!

Was Vivek right tho? It really is no secret Vivek told Buddy we were going to get him no matter what. Its cloudy on if he said Buddy was Steph Curry-ish. But damn, my Buddy looks great. So was Vivek a bit ahead of his time calling that one?

Disclaimer: Vivek definitely put some grimy fingerprints in the beginning. However, has Vlade somehow found a positive outlet for those fingerprints?

I somehow wish to believe Vlade has put the luck of the Serb on our franchise and in doing so has found a proper line of communication with our owner to where they are more positively aligned and communicable on the franchises direction.

I never thought Vivek was wrong. I just thought he overplayed his hand and manipulation a bit.

Stauskus. Stauskus anyone? Peter D was a puppet and Vlade is not. Vlade obviously has balls that PeteyD wish he had

Last edited: