Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

If Bogi signs the offer sheet, it does NOT mean he's screwing over the Kings. The logic is non-existent. Every player wants to get paid as much as possible, that's how it works. Can't blame him.
especially given we couldn’t pay him market value due to CBA rules. This offer is definately fair market value for a starting 2 guard. We should match but we are the Kangz so who knows.

If Bogi signs the offer sheet, it does NOT mean he's screwing over the Kings. The logic is non-existent. Every player wants to get paid as much as possible, that's how it works. Can't blame him.
I do think he was just looking for every penny. The whole "bigger role" thing doesn't really add up much on ATL with all their new signings and Trae and Collins already in town. Which is fine, this is likely his best pay-day opportunity in his career; gotta make the most of it.

What about Bogi’s entire offseason makes you think he and his agent would do that?
Because all a kicker is is a soft no-trade clause. He didn’t want to go to the Bucks for $12-$15M less, and the Bucks may have wanted a team option. We never found out. Bogi got his money. Now, if we work something with Denver or equivalent, he’s waiving that kicker if need be. Happens every year with guys.

Wouldn't this season be his first on this contract?... Trade kicker not as big deal if consider short season and no one really positive if gonna start or get shut down anyways with virus. Sign him.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
We're collateral damage here, but we can blame him for blowing up the Milwaukee trade and if the net result is that we get nothing in return, than yeah he has kinda screwed us. Which is his right as a free agent.

We're collateral damage here, but we can blame him for blowing up the Milwaukee trade and if the net result is that we get nothing in return, than yeah he has kinda screwed us. Which is his right as a free agent.
You can only blame him for that if you know there was a trade and he blew it up post agreeing to it. Everything I read in the Athletic suggests that there never was agreement from Bogdanovic on this and that Woj announcement was a suprise to him.

You can only blame him for that if you know there was a trade and he blew it up post agreeing to it. Everything I read in the Athletic suggests that there never was agreement from Bogdanovic on this and that Woj announcement was a suprise to him.
On top of that, the Kings were saying there wasn't a deal. It was possible reading between the lines, there may have been one but terms may have been unilaterally changed by the Bucks.

I think this is what has me so frazzled and angry. This is maybe one time in recent memory where our pain isn't our own doing. I think we can ascertain a few things happened here with some degree of certainty:

1) Giannis and Bogi have some type of relationship and there was some behind the scenes recruiting taking place and that early in the offseason a Bogi to the Bucks deal seemed a likely win win for all parties. This used to be a pretty par for the course type of scenario but in recent years the NBA has tried to stop player - player "recruiting" as a secondary form of tampering. But again, a win-win deal was working out so no reason not to look the other way, compared to, oh I dunno, the situation with the reigning NBA champion 2 years ago.

2) Bucks management is below par and leaked a deal prematurely, including salary numbers, putting everything into jeopardy.

3) Atlanta had a ton of cap room and was eager to spend it before the bill on their young players comes due. They most definitely made it known to Bogi's circle they would offer more money than MIL was. This is most definitely tampering if it took place.

So essentially we got jerked over by two teams arguably tampering in the process as well as at least one organizations gross incompetence. Throw in an agent who makes Carlos Boozer look honorable and the fact that our new GM was off to what looked like a fine start, and it's all a bit much.

I think this is what has me so frazzled and angry. This is maybe one time in recent memory where our pain isn't our own doing. I think we can ascertain a few things happened here with some degree of certainty:

1) Giannis and Bogi have some type of relationship and there was some behind the scenes recruiting taking place and that early in the offseason a Bogi to the Bucks deal seemed a likely win win for all parties. This used to be a pretty par for the course type of scenario but in recent years the NBA has tried to stop player - player "recruiting" as a secondary form of tampering. But again, a win-win deal was working out so no reason not to look the other way, compared to, oh I dunno, the situation with the reigning NBA champion 2 years ago.

2) Bucks management is below par and leaked a deal prematurely, including salary numbers, putting everything into jeopardy.

3) Atlanta had a ton of cap room and was eager to spend it before the bill on their young players comes due. They most definitely made it known to Bogi's circle they would offer more money than MIL was. This is most definitely tampering if it took place.

So essentially we got jerked over by two teams arguably tampering in the process as well as at least one organizations gross incompetence. Throw in an agent who makes Carlos Boozer look honorable and the fact that our new GM was off to what looked like a fine start, and it's all a bit much.
Long term it might have worked in our favor. If we had DD right now we would really have a log jam. We have more chance to trade Bogi for something we might need later if we match.