Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

I know you guys are going to think I'm crazy but the analytics had Holmes as a better play than Turner last year.

I'd like to have him but there's no way I'm sending a first round pick in any manner for him. There is no guarantee that the Kings are going to be any good for X amount of years and big men don't have that much of an imprint on the game anymore unless they're of the AD, Jokic, Gobert etc variety. Centers that are about 80% as good as Turner can be had on the market about every year. I'm not throwing away a first rounder for that.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I know you guys are going to think I'm crazy but the analytics had Holmes as a better play than Turner last year.

I'd like to have him but there's no way I'm sending a first round pick in any manner for him. There is no guarantee that the Kings are going to be any good for X amount of years and big men don't have that much of an imprint on the game anymore unless they're of the AD, Jokic, Gobert etc variety. Centers that are about 80% as good as Turner can be had on the market about every year. I'm not throwing away a first rounder for that.
Holmes is a solid player, he was our best defender last season. I'm note sure I would throw him in either. I could be talked into including Bagley though. :)

I know for a fact Indiana is shopping Turner. Bogi for Turner is a real possibility. But finding a wing is harder and if Atlanta coughs up a SF we would likely prefer that transaction. I don’t know what Bogi would prefer.
I posted in the bogie/turner trade thread but I wouldn’t mind turner/McDermott for bogie/Parker. We get a wing and they get a pf and clear their log jam of Warren and holiday already there.

you aren’t crazy. We might get Turner and McDermott for Bogi.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-bogdan-bogdanovic-drawing-interest-pacers-hawks

Ohhhh my goooodness yes. This would be close to an ideal outcome for both teams honestly with a Bogi for Turner swap. They'd make the same exact money (18 mil), Turner is absolutely ideal next to Bagley as an athletic rim protector who can space. He fits perfectly into the age curve of a developing team.

For the Pacers, they balance out their roster; get to play TJ Warren full-time at PF where he went beserk in the bubble and have their protection against Oladipo leaving next off-season.
I’m gonna say this is too good to be true and not allow myself to get excited

And not having Fox and Bagley and being made into our number 1 option handling the ball had nothing to do with it.
I don’t agree that he was our main ball handler at any point. Even if he did, he signed a contract that requires him to do it if necessary.

Shaq said it nicely once - “Stop babying these players. If you’re a star of the team, you are expected to play on a certain level. If you don’t, you get dealt with accordingly”. If Buddy played on the required level, he would never see the bench.

And again, I think Bogdan is laughing at all this media stuff right now. I am pretty sure he’s going nowhere.

I don’t agree that he was our main ball handler at any point. Even if he did, he signed a contract that requires him to do it if necessary.

Shaq said it nicely once - “Stop babying these players. If you’re a star of the team, you are expected to play on a certain level. If you don’t, you get dealt with accordingly”. If Buddy played on the required level, he would never see the bench.

And again, I think Bogdan is laughing at all this media stuff right now. I am pretty sure he’s going nowhere.
that is very possible also. I don’t think the Kings fail to match 17-18M. That being said a trade to Indiana could be good for everyone.

I don't agree that you pay a player for what they are, then expect them to be something else. That's a team issue, not a player issue.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I don't agree that you pay a player for what they are, then expect them to be something else. That's a team issue, not a player issue.
You obviously hope players continue to develop new skills, but making Buddy a primary ball handler more than occasionally probably isn't a recipe for success in the NBA.

The dude won the 3 point shootout, not the skills challenge. :)

So there is a report the Pacers are NOT talking about including turner in any S/T for Bogi... Not sure how true but given that he could go a long way in fixing the balance issues on the roster, of course its likely to be true.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/bogdan-bogdanovic-receiving-interest-from-pacers.html

As for ATL offer sheet. If bogi is willing to screw the team and walk despite them backing him over Buddy, I would let it be known that we will match him and trade him later. He is a solid enough piece that people will want him next season too. He aint going nowhere if Kings don't get something out of it. Beyond that though, he may actually be ok with that. This may all be a drama (after MIL fell through) to squeeze money out of the kings (he probably knows they dont really want to give mor me than $15M per and if he can get an extra $3M by calling their bluff, it may be worth the few weeks of bad blood. I have heard he preferred to stay in Sactown but at this point who knows.

If Bogi signs the offer sheet, it does NOT mean he's screwing over the Kings. The logic is non-existent. Every player wants to get paid as much as possible, that's how it works. Can't blame him.