Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

I thought maybe the expansion of the bucks pel deal was to get more players with salary to up the bogdan S & T deal but then bucks sign pat connington so I don’t think bogie is gonna happen

then now that Joe Harris got signed to Nets the hawks only have 2 FA targets Bogie and Rondo and 26m in cap space left.

I hope they sign Rondo for 10-11 mil and only have 15 m left for bogie cause then maybe then we get huerter and a 2nd for 18 m s&t bogie

Last edited:
I wonder if a S&T to the Wizards for Wall would be feasible if the Wizards attach two or three 1sts and a pick swap or two. Could be a Paul in OKC type situation. He “only” has three years left on his deal. It’s a lot of money, but should come with some nice sweeteners. Not sure how Fox would feel, but there is the UK connection—if Fox said no, then drop it. But, could be interesting; that gets Bogi the 2nd or 3rd option he’s looking to be, on a good-ish team. Would net us a lot of assets, and a guy that may be able to bounce back into a big time player.

I wonder if a S&T to the Wizards for Wall would be feasible if the Wizards attach two or three 1sts and a pick swap or two. Could be a Paul in OKC type situation. He “only” has three years left on his deal. It’s a lot of money, but should come with some nice sweeteners. Not sure how Fox would feel, but there is the UK connection—if Fox said no, then drop it. But, could be interesting; that gets Bogi the 2nd or 3rd option he’s looking to be, on a good-ish team. Would net us a lot of assets, and a guy that may be able to bounce back into a big time player.
I don’t see wall as the cp3 mentor type and our 3pt shooting would take a hit. But multiple firsts would make me think about it

Also not sure about Wall but I do like the concept of taking on a contract and picks instead of Matching Bogi’s overpay. We would be so much better off.
im 100% on board with taking that contract for picks and just stretching him. The only big contract we have tied up is Barnes so money wise it’s something we can absorb. Even helping the Washington get off that contract they’re still likely to be terrible so getting 1sts from them is a big win.

There is a lesson to be learned here. When we take the best possible talent in the draft regardless of need and figure the rest out later, this can be the later. Now I’m an advocate for BPA but you have it be smart and decisive when it comes time to sort it out. I should add, the Bogi/Buddy thing isn’t an example of drafting decisions, it’s just reminder how messy things can get when dealing with egos etc

How would the board feel about Hield and Bagley to Atlanta for John Collins? This would mean maxing Collins and signing Bogi to $18 mil/per.
I doubt we trade Bagley the new GM will give him a year if you trade him and he breaks out that’s too much heat on you. The good thing is since it’s a new GM he wouldn’t be obligated to resign Bagley later if he does flash his skills.

Serbian journalist just wrote on Twitter that Bogi’s preferred option is to stay with the Kings and take a bigger role if they can trade away Buddy...
I’d prefer this as well

With 26m in cap space, Atlanta can still sign another player (my guess is a backup center) and still send a offer sheet for 18m to Bogie
Trae,Dunn,Goodwin
Bogie,Snell,Huerter,Mays
Gallo,Hunter,Cam
Collins,Okonwu
Capela FA, Bruno

Until they are done shopping will not see the Offer sheet

Help me understand this... noob question...

We can match any offer by any team trying to sign Bogi, so why is everyone keep saying like we are 100% going to lose him for nothing if, for example, the Hawks really want him and are willing to pay $20 mil/4 years-ish level of a contract anyway, can we match and then trade him to the Hawks, aka sign-n-trade?

With 26m in cap space, Atlanta can still sign another player (my guess is a backup center) and still send a offer sheet for 18m to Bogie
Trae,Dunn,Goodwin
Bogie,Snell,Huerter,Mays
Gallo,Hunter,Cam
Collins,Okonwu
Capela FA, Bruno

Until they are done shopping will not see the Offer sheet
I match at $18M. Some contender, that Bogi will acquiesce to, will come in at the deadline at that number.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer

We can match any offer by any team trying to sign Bogi, so why is everyone keep saying like we are 100% going to lose him for nothing if, for example, the Hawks really want him and are willing to pay $20 mil/4 years-ish level of a contract anyway, can we match and then trade him to the Hawks, aka sign-n-trade?
These are two different transactions though. There's nothing stopping Atlanta from changing their mind about paying Bogdan $20 million a year after we match the contract meaning it's now our contract and we've either totally screwed our salary cap keeping a team together which hasn't made the playoffs yet or we've got to convince another team that trading their assets for the right to pay Bogdan $20 million a year is in their best interest. I feel like both of those outcomes are worse than simply letting him leave.

I believe you can't trade the player to the team that offered him a contract for a full year.

Not for a year.

Serbian journalist just wrote on Twitter that Bogi’s preferred option is to stay with the Kings and take a bigger role if they can trade away Buddy...
Maybe he’s bonziing himself on purpose so he can stay in Sac. That’s rare for somebody’s preferred option to be the Kings..but I wish they didn’t float the “if they can trade Buddy” That’s how rumors become drama

I think I prefer Buddy

On Friday, The Athletic’s Sam Amick and Eric Nehm reported that the Lakers are pursuing a sign-and-trade for Bogdanovic, who’s sign-and-trade deal to the Bucks fell apart. League sources confirmed the report: The Lakers are indeed pursuing Bogdanovic, though the Hawks are considered the favorites. – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

On Friday, The Athletic’s Sam Amick and Eric Nehm reported that the Lakers are pursuing a sign-and-trade for Bogdanovic, who’s sign-and-trade deal to the Bucks fell apart. League sources confirmed the report: The Lakers are indeed pursuing Bogdanovic, though the Hawks are considered the favorites. – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer
One would think the conversation starts at ‘27 and ‘29 unprotected plus Kuz, but just don’t see how it’s worth it.