BSPN: Bynum = immature 17 year old, Shaq is better

For the record, it's disgusting, yet predictable (coming from BSPN) that a media member trashes a 17 year old for no good reason other than for following Shaq (who's beloved now). Makes me wonder what the true motivation for such an article is. Seems like an unadulterated hits-grab. That's why they're called BS-PN. Ask Jeremy Roenick. He knows.

Laker or not I dont like that at all. I cant even tell you how bad that article is. He "Tries to meet girls through Web site personals"? Are you kidding? Since when is myspace a dating service. Isnt it to post things about yourself and talk to friends? He writes about it as if its some immature thing to do. The majority of high school kids I know have one.

Writer is a joke and so is his work.

Last edited:
Gargamel said:
For the record, it's disgusting, yet predictable (coming from BSPN) that a media member trashes a 17 year old for no good reason other than for following Shaq (who's beloved now). Makes me wonder what the true motivation for such an article is. Seems like an unadulterated hits-grab. That's why they're called BS-PN. Ask Jeremy Roenick. He knows.

unadulterated hits-grab = Skip Bayless

Skip isn't happy unless he runs (or tries to) a player or coach out of town (ala Steve Mariucci). Now that Skippy is national, he's aiming his sights on a national team (Lakers). Good Luck!:p

...oh and watch for him to assign more lame nicknames (a Skip Bayless trademark) to Laker players/coaches/GM's in the future.

Last edited:
my point is not to judge Bynum's personal life, he's 17. I know that lots of teens have myspace accounts, no biggie. What I agree with is that he's questioning the maturity of young professional athletes. Some do just fine, others get in way over their heads. Is he socially ready for the NBA or will it break him?

A

AriesMar27

that was funny.... im going to buy his laker jersey, he'll be the highlight of being a kings fan living in los angeles...... im gonna rock that jersey so hard, running around campus acting like a out of control laker fan..... their players can do no wrong..... it doesnt matter if we didnt make the playoffs last year, who has more rings?

cant wait.... lol....

Talk about stating the obvious. He's 17, for crying out loud. He does have a world of potential and would love to see this kid 2 years down the road.

The article was nothing but a comedy.

Last edited:
SDKing said:
my point is not to judge Bynum's personal life, he's 17. I know that lots of teens have myspace accounts, no biggie. What I agree with is that he's questioning the maturity of young professional athletes. Some do just fine, others get in way over their heads. Is he socially ready for the NBA or will it break him?
nice post...I agree

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What's truly pathetic is that Skip Bayless obviously thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. Incredibly clever, witty, erstute, etc. He could have written the article without making it a hit piece about Bynum - but that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. Bayless is, in effect, creating the very situation he wants to see if young athletes are able to handle. Journalists are supposed to write about the story, NOT contribute to the creation of the situation that will become the story. Shame on Bayless... just another reason it's becoming obvious they really do want to be known as BSPN.

VF21 said:
What's truly pathetic is that Skip Bayless obviously thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. Incredibly clever, witty, erstute, etc. He could have written the article without making it a hit piece about Bynum - but that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. Bayless is, in effect, creating the very situation he wants to see if young athletes are able to handle. Journalists are supposed to write about the story, NOT contribute to the creation of the situation that will become the story. Shame on Bayless... just another reason it's becoming obvious they really do want to be known as BSPN.
It was this type of writing that got him on to ESPN in the first place.

"Here at ESPN, we place quotability and controversy over careful analysis and credibility"