BoSox/Yanks

Well Red Sox won game 5 tonight in another extra innings game with david ortiz coming up big again... So the series is now 3-2 Yankees. Do you still think the sox can come back and win the next 2 games to advance?

A lot of people have been asking me about the dreaded "Curse of the Bambino". After explain it to them, they seem to show more interest in this series.

For me, I wish the Sox win the series.

I became a baseball fan last week, (amidst the excitement in my office), rooting for the Yankees as they are the local team, but I'm not sure what they're doing at all.

Great for the Red Sox if they manage to pull it off, but I'm rooting for the Yanks. Let me just say that if the Red Sox win tonight, I think they will win the series.... with that preface, the Yankees should win tonight.

YANKEES SUCK!!! :D

david ortiz, what else can you say?!?!? thats freaking awesome. and mariano rivera, the one thing the red sox were supposed to fear coming out of that shambles of a pen, and what happens?!??!? back to back blown saves. yes mariano, the red sox are you daddies.

it's amazing how the sox have done this. they have gotten NOTHING out of bellhorn, damon, millar. bellhorn and damon are hitting under .100, millar is just a bit over .100 in the series. man ram has no rbi's. man ram has been on rollerskates out there there in left. the starters have gone 6 innings TWICE. and that was both pedro, who lost, and almost lost. it' crazy! when they get the pitching the O nosedives, the pen is taxed ( TIM WAKEFIELD! what heart, he willed himself last night. what an effort, especially with varitek being a bad news bear when catching him. a gutsy gutsy performance.) bronson arroyo, who makes up for his awful game 3 start by blowing a-rod away with a fastball right down the pipe, and fooling shef on the corners. kieth foulke, oh man, what GUTS! what an outing in game 3 !!!!! and timlin, he has NOTHING left in the tank, yet he goes out, and got the job done. even embree!!! he's also gassed. 14 IP in the last 2 games for the RS bullpen, 1 run. * 1 * run!!! thats amazing!!! back to back 5 hour games. thats just un believeable. 11 hours of playing time in the last 48 hours

and here the sox are, 3 outs from being swept, and we are going back for game 6.

i love the '' who's your dealer" chants when sheffield is up to bat. LMAO!

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock the world, rewrite history, BEAT THE EVIL EMPIRE!

is it just me or are the Yankees the Lakers(last year) of baseball. How anyone can like a team that is made for a championship like that is beyond me. I just hope that this series has the same outcome that it did for the lakers in the finals. I have been a sox fan for going on 5 yrs now and i just really feel like this is the year that they deserve to win it all. GO SOX!!!! DO IT FOR GOOD OL' BEAN-TOWN!!!!

As much as I hate the Yanks, there is no way they are going to loose this series. Valiant effort by the Sox to get this far in 2 nail biting games. I expect the series to go to the 7th game, and find the Bo-Sox to loose in the 9th inning after having a 3 run lead in the typical Bo-Sox fashion.

Why didn't the Yankees walk Ortiz?

Hopefully the Cards will come back and beat the Astros so they can put the whooping on the evil empire.

Yea I'm no fan of either teams, but I just don't want to see the Yankees in the world series.... They've been there many times. It would just be good to see the sox actually win the series.

What a series! Schilling was awesome.. We'll really see what the Bo-Sox are made of tommorow.. It's amazing they've gone this far ,but the inevitable is going to happen. I guess Lowe is penciled in to start.

You gotta love October... The best month for sports.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The Sox have forced a game 7 after being down 3 games to none. Gotta love it. I wouldn't miss tomorrow's game for anything.

Go Red Sox...and Go Cardinals!!!

d-lowe tommorrow, with wake and his butterfly on deck. vs "the wall hit my hand" kevin brown on 3 days rest

WHAT A GAME tonight!!!! i was GLUED. i don't have the channel to watch the kings/lakers game, but frankly i wouldn't have. YANKEES AND RED SOX game 6, elimination game yet again for teh sox ( my 2nd favorite team) man oh man, the only thing that would have been better would be giants and dodgers

i was on the end of my seat ALL night long! oh it was CRAZY. curt schilling WOW. pitching with a bloody ankle ( surtures to tighten some skin to help the tendon) he goes out there and he guts 7 innings of 4 hit ball out. man oh man. what a tremendous effort. GAMER!!!!!!!! and BELLHORN! yesterday, he showed signs of life, and he finally busted out. i couldn't be happier for the guy who had been getting booed at home for his awful hitting ( i swear everytime he stepped into the batters box he would strike out) but he picked a GREAT time to get his first postseason home run. and keith foulke, on man, you can't say enough about him. 3rd day in a row he has come up HUGE. he did get squeezed on the sierra at bat, but he came back and blew tony clark away. and i went NUTS! i was SO tense. what a game.

a-rod, oh a-rod. that really disappointed me. trying to cheat your way on board, swatting the ball like a girl, trying to CHEAT. i lost what respect i had for you based on that. that was dirty, and wrong. and shame on the fans for throwing junk on the field. the umps got BOTH calls right. you don't have to be sore losers, making it so the SWAT team has to come out on the field. that was classeless and uncalled for.

what heart shown by the red sox. just unbelieveable. 3 outs away from being swept with the best closer in postseason history on the mound, and we are going to a game 7. a historic comeback, just to get to the game 7, sending new york into panic mode. that staduim was silent tonight. schilling got what he wanted, 55,000 people from new york to shut up. you could hear a pin drop after clark swung and missed. that whold city is going HUH?!?!?!?!?! what is going on???

they may not win tommorrow, but the sox have given me and the country one helluva ride. i am extremely proud, and i am DYING for a giants dodgers NLCS!!!!!!!!!!

Ok after these last three games I think the Sox win this series. Its about damn time to!

GOOOOOOO Sox!

And can we please revoke tbear's posting privilages on account that she is a Yankees fan (even if she only started this week)?

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I thought you lived in Delaware; what do you mean, the "local" team?
No, no. I went to school in Delaware, but moved back home (NJ) after I graduated May 2003.

Last edited:
While in virtually any other situation I would root against the Red Soxs, I hope they win. Weird things happen when these two teams are involved. I feel for the Boston fan, losing year after year....after year, after year isn't fun. Anyhow, I think this is good for the game.

did you see A-Rod hit the ball out of Arroyo's hand...what the hell was that, I couldn't believe he did that. I went crazy when the ump called him safe at first, then they made another good decision by calling that cheatin guy "out". I seriously couldn't believe that he did that!!! What a cheater!!! If the umps would have kept their original call i really would have believed in " the curse".

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
this is kind of like the Cubs almost breaking their curse last year. Coming back form a 3-0 deficit to win it for the first time would be the perfect way to break The Curse. Couldn't write it any better. But I kind of have mixed feelings about it. That "curse" has been such a mainstay in baseball for so many years, to actually have it broken and gone...seems like baseball would actually lose something.

That said, I will of course be rooting for the Sox to pull off the impossible. Be a blast to watch if they do. And fun to see my numerous Yankee friends the next day. ;) Apart from a brief hiatus while I was with an ex-girlfriend who just lived and died with the Yankeess, I have been steadfast in my evil empire must dieness ever since arriving on this coast. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
My goodness -- I wonder whether they already have the statue of David Ortiz bronzed in front of Fenway at this point. He may get declared mayor of the city if the Sox pull this thing off.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Woohoo! Johnny Damon just hit a grand slam for the Sox and the Red Sox now lead game 7 by a score of 6 - 0 in the top of the 2nd.