Boogie Says Goodbye (merged)

So... basically, if you LOVE Sacramento and want to be a King, you better pack your bags, because you are not welcomed here in Kings land by this FO.

Every good to great player that expressed how much they loved Sacramento and wanted to be a King, got screwed and sent out for nothing under this ownership group.

Tyreke Evans... Isaiah Thomas...Casspi....Barnes...DMC... all gone for basically nothing....

Yet a player like Rudy Gay, who has hated every day he has been a King for the past 3 years, doesn't get traded and now we will also get nothing for him too...

This FO and ownership group are beyond pathetic!!!:mad:

Man Kings absolutely spoiled what could have been a one in a kind legacy in todays Nba.
This is seriously the toughest thing to swallow for me ever since I became a sports fan.
Yep, I was honestly on the verge of tears as well. I still can't believe we just traded away a hall of fame caliber player, one of the best big men of all time, a man who loved Sacramento...for what?

I honestly don't care who we got back. Cousins should still be here and he should have retired a King. Screw Vivek, and ya know what? Screw Vlade as well! I'm done caring about this team for awhile, we true fans give so much heart each and every game. For them to do this to us again is nothing short of disrespectful.

Goodbye Boogie! You have surpassed Chris Webber as my favorite King of all-time! Maybe one day when Vivek and Co. are gone you can come back :(

Last edited:
Love ya Boogie.

To recap, Cousins goes away as:

-Sacramento era leader in points scored in a single game
-Rebounds in a half, total and offensive
-Rebounds all time
-Fifth in points (would have been fourth with one more game likely)
-Third in steals
-Fourth in FGM
-5th FGA
-2nd FTM and FTA
-4th blocks
-and 10th in games played in Sac Era
-Defensive rebounds in a game, franchise record

Basically, in a year or so, he would have probably ownws about every Sacramento era record in less games played than the guys hanging in the rafters.

Last edited:
This just further proves how real Boogie is. There's nothing fake. What you see is what you get. It's just too bad the wrong people aren't tolerant enough to take the bad with the good. There's far more good with this guy than bad.

Seriously, when have you ever seen an NBA, NFL or MLB player that affected by being traded from a city he didn't grow up near or play 15-20 years in? You just don't see this type of commitment or love in this harsh business anymore. He loved his NBA team/city/fans similarly to how someone loves their high school and college.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not sure about Barnes.. or, I heard him through a couple of media outlets talking about the Clippers deal falling through, though I'm sure he has love for his hometown and we were somewhere on his wishlist
Wrong. Barnes wanted to be here in HIS HOMETOWN!

This just further proves how real Boogie is. There's nothing fake. What you see if what you get. It's just too bad the wrong people aren't tolerant enough to take the bad with the good. There's far more good with this guy than bad.

Seriously, when have you ever seen an NBA, NFL or MLB player that affected by being traded from a city he didn't grow up near or play 15-20 years in? You just don't see this type of commitment or love in this harsh business anymore. He loved his NBA team/city/fans similarly to how someone loves their high school and college.
Tyreke was pretty sad too.