Boogie makes the all star team for the third time!

how zaza is an all star is beyond me

vivek should have set a script, an algorithm, whatever it took to ensure boogie outvoted zaza

we're one of the most tech savy franchises there is Vivek...come on man

Simple Stats (Per100 Possessions):
Cousins: .557
TS% / .449 FG% / .365 3PT% / .773 FT% / 41.1 PPG / 15.1 RPG / 6.5 APG / 2.1 SPG / 2.1 BPG / 5.0 TOPG / 1.3 A/T
Davis : .575 TS% / .499 FG% / .296 3PT% / .793 FT% / 38.3 PPG / 16.2 RPG / 3.0 APG / 1.7 SPG / 3.2 BPG / 3.2 TOPG / 0.9 A/T

Advanced/Miscellaneous Stats:
Cousins:
18 Wins / 5.46 RPM / +7.4 On-Off / 3.2 VORP / 6.5 BPM / .164 WS per48 / 26.7 PER / 17.9 PIE
Davis : 18 Wins / 3.98 RPM / +6.3 On-Off / 2.3 VORP / 4.2 BPM / .197 WS per48 / 27.9 PER / 19.4 PIE

Congrats to Boogie. Well-deserved. For the last three seasons including this one I have set benchmarks of 55% TS and over 1.0 assist to turnover. For the first time in his career, those benchmarks have been met:
  • 55.7% TS
  • 1.3 assists to turnover
Kudos to Cuz. This is a franchise player we can finally believe in.

Congrats to Boogie. Well-deserved. For the last three seasons including this one I have set benchmarks of 55% TS and over 1.0 assist to turnover. For the first time in his career, those benchmarks have been met:
  • 55.7% TS
  • 1.3 assists to turnover
Kudos to Cuz. This is a franchise player we can finally believe in.
We've agreed upon the TS% & Ast/TO ratio point as I've mentioned many times that Cousins impact has been mostly coming from the defensive side of the ball up until this season. Now we're seeing him start to learn how to play offense, and by that I mean learn how to use his extraordinary offensive skillset in a way that can help a team win on that side of the floor. Here are some interesting splits looking at these stats in reference to Cousins:

TS% Below 55% & A/T Below 1.0
Record:
3-4 (43% win%)
Point Differential Per Game: -6.14

TS% Below 55% & A/T 1.0 or Above
Record: 4-8 (33% win%)
Point Differential Per Game: -4.00

TS% 55% or Above & A/T Below 1.0
Record: 5-7 (42% win%)
Point Differential Per Game: -1.42

TS% 55% or Above & A/T 1.0 or Above
Record: 6-7 (46% win%)
Point Differential Per Game: +1.23

TS% 55% or Above & A/T 2.0 or Above
Record: 4-3 (57% win%)
Point Differential Per Game: +5.14

I would say the records are probably not as important as the differential considering the differential allows us to measure the team performance vs. just a win or loss which is so absolute and can lead us to missing necessary context. I'm not saying the point differential is leaps and bounds better, but if I had to choose, point differential would be the one I pay attention to. As you can see, the point differential tends to trend with how Cousins fairs in these two areas. When he gets to 55%+ TS% & 1.0+ A/T, we have a positive differential. When Cousins puts up 55%+ TS% & a 2.0 A/T, that point differential climbs even higher. Keep in mind that a +1.23 point differential would be 10th in the league and a +5.14 point differential would be 4th in the league.

Having said all of that, these stats can be a bit misleading. You could easily argue that Cousins records that combo of stats against easier competition which then would make it more likely to win and more likely to have a better point differential, so you must take this with a grain of salt.

However, my hope is for Cousins to one day put up these numbers: 55%+ TS% / 24+ PPG / 10+ RPG / 6+ APG / 1.5+ SPG / 1.5+ BPG / 3- TOPG. And yes, no player has put up that stat line in the NBA. I understand. However, do we really think that Cousins is incapable of doing that? I don't. If he gets his minutes up to 36 mpg, he already has TS%, PPG, RPG, SPG, & BPG down. All he would need to work on is improving the assists and cutting down on turnovers. Once he has a better team around him (players who are legitimate threats from the perimeter & players who can knock down open jumpers consistently), I expect the lane to be less clogged for Cousins (reducing the possibility of players stripping him), and I expect him to trust his competent teammates and hit the open man (boosting the assists).