Bogi's Slump

It did come out in the post game that Joerger said that Bogs' game isn't suited to the fast break Kings style and that the difference in styles may have contributed to his slump. I remember Joerger alluding to this dynamic months ago, saying that Bogs' style may not be suited to the fast break style, but that he can help the Kings in the slower set up offense that they have to do. All of the above tells me that management and coaching are aware of this mismatch in Bogs' game and the Kings game. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. In my opinion, I don't see a great match between Bogs' game and the Kings' game, even if he is healthy.
Well there we go.

Sell sell sell!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well there we go.

Sell sell sell!
The thing is if he was the same type of player he was last year it would be a godsend.

The Kings need a few guys who can actually play the game at a normal pace. They can’t expect to run the legs off everyone for an entire season, because we’ve seen what happens when it doesn’t work. We can only beat bottom of the bottom level teams right now because we can’t play actual non breakneck speed basketball.

Will Bogdan ever be that guy who will help again remains to be seen...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
A lot of good points on this page about injuries, fast break style not suiting his game, etc.

However none of them really explain the terrible shot selection when not necessary.

Nagging injuries can explain missed shots. Nagging injuries may also explain some of the over-dribbling. He's having a harder time taking his man off the dribble so he's having to dribble more trying to probe and get the defense off balance. This is leading to more turnovers such as the ball being knocked out of his hands and hurried shots as the shot clock winds down.

What makes zero sense though is shooting contested step back 3's early in the shot clock. Pulling up and shooting 30 footers off balance with 12-15 seconds left on the shot clock. I don't know how a player goes from being unselfish to a fault (last year) to now being a glorified chucker.
I think he's forcing it. His body can't do what he wants it to do and he's trying to get it back in a somewhat desperate fashion. He may be so focused on his absent shot making that it's affecting everything else, including his decision making.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The thing is if he was the same type of player he was last year it would be a godsend.

The Kings need a few guys who can actually play the game at a normal pace. They can’t expect to run the legs off everyone for an entire season, because we’ve seen what happens when it doesn’t work. We can only beat bottom of the bottom level teams right now because we can’t play actual non breakneck speed basketball.

Will Bogdan ever be that guy who will help again remains to be seen...
And even if Bogs isn't in their long term plans, we sure as heck don't want to lose him as a real asset that could be used in a trade. At this point in time you might not get a bag of chips for him.

I've maybe missed 100-150 minutes of Kings games this year. I've watched some games twice (live and then at home). There is zero chance that Bogi is not tired AND injured. He's barely had a break in the last 7 years (maybe longer), he came off of knee surgery and I'm pretty sure he has something going on with his feet. He's never played at this pace.

30 games of struggling is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water. Something is going on besides a slump.

Also, in regards to him not suited to play this pace, guess what, most players aren't. Let him head up the 2nd unit and be a 6th man. I have confidence in him moving forward, however I would trade him for a promising athletic defensive 3 as I have posted in another thread.

We have to wait and see what Bogi we get next year.

He is coming back now it seems which is good. Next year is key for both us and him and i hope he gets the rest he needs in the off season