Bogdanovic reportedly unhappy as a bench player

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think tonight's game is going to be very telling. Are we going to see Bogs as a dribble, dribble, dribble pg, or are we going to see him as a 2-guard? If we continue to see him as a pg, or as a guard who acts like he's a pg, I will be very displeased.
I wasn't particularly pleased with how Bogi played in the game either, but you need to understand, he doesn't decide whether he plays like a PG or SG, the coach does. Do you think he was a cutter and an off the ball player in Europe, and then just decided to go away from everything that made him successful over there? I don't get how people believe that players just go out there and play the way they want. That's not the real world folks. Just like Dedmon when asked how he was such a good three ball shooter when he got to Atlanta and not before. He said that the other team asked him not to shoot the three, and Atlanta asked him to shoot the three. Players play, or try to play the way the coach tells them to play.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Maybe the Hield contract situation and bogdans displeasure could be just the disconnect needed to create the crapshow we saw Wednesday night.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I wasn't particularly pleased with how Bogi played in the game either, but you need to understand, he doesn't decide whether he plays like a PG or SG, the coach does. Do you think he was a cutter and an off the ball player in Europe, and then just decided to go away from everything that made him successful over there? I don't get how people believe that players just go out there and play the way they want. That's not the real world folks. Just like Dedmon when asked how he was such a good three ball shooter when he got to Atlanta and not before. He said that the other team asked him not to shoot the three, and Atlanta asked him to shoot the three. Players play, or try to play the way the coach tells them to play.
No, bajaden. He is the final arbiter of his play. It doesn't take a genius to know he overdribbled last year and he overdribbled the first game of this season. Joerger didn't tell him to overdribble and neither did Walton. He looked better tonight. At least he didn't do the dribble act. Still, he was just meh.

Pop can put his money where his mouth is and give us Derrick White and a 2nd for Bogi. But, there’s a gaping hole at 5 that I would like to be filled by any type of NBA starter quality player. IOW, not Dedmon.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Okay, prove that you should be starting.
In front of who though? The Kings made their pick with the contract they just gave Buddy. They could experiment going small more. The other issue with Bogdan is that primary handling role isn't there with Fox on the floor.

He's playing like a guy who thinks he's better than everybody else, who is entitled to dribble, dribble, dribble, to his heart's content at the expense of the team. Maybe if he would play like a legit 2 guard who cuts and moves he would enhance his negotiating position.
I thought it at the time, but the game winner he hit early last season ended up being kind of a poison pill. When pro athlete at the top of their game has a peak moment like that, it can actually destroy you. Did you notice his confidence was actually shaken in the games after that when he inevitably did not hit a game winner every game?? I've been paying attention to the effects of that moment, and it's a major black swan event for him. He's going to have to figure out a way to recover from success.

I have always been a big fan of way he plays but after saying that I have been disappointed to say the least.

I see a shooting guard with size that can work in the middle and distribute the ball with a slick outside shot.
So what I am getting is basically that with under achieving numbers and a shifty two guard that’s slow and over dribbles.

So starting or coming off the bench you have to produce and we need points out of that position.

At this point Bogi needs to pass the ball sooner in the shot clock, dribble less and probably shoot less. The problem is that there is really not a better option in the second unit.

IMO Walton should mix the starters in more with the second unit and give Yogi some playing time.

This is pretty annoying. You cant make the case that you should be a starter when you haven't played consistently good basketball for the Kings in over a year. You are either outperforming the starter at your position, or you arent the starter.

I bet the guy behind Zion Williamson at Duke didnt care for coming off the bench; the problem for him was the Zion was better. Think he publicly complained about his minutes.
No one made the case right? somone published an article about a podcast that was 7 days old where one guy says i'm hearing Bogdanovic is unappy how about you and the other guy says, that's exactly what I'm hearing. I mean right?