Bogdan Bogdanovich looks forward to his second season as a King

It takes awhile to get used to the NBA. His game against Cleveland made me a believer.
He should be healthier and get the style of play a little better this year.
Very strong and tough player. Leadership potential. Humble. Hard worker. Lots of positives and great skills.
Best player on team IMO last year and will be this year, too. Also I will admit to feeling the reason we didn't draft Doncic was because we already had his equivalent in Bogdanovich.

I really don't know why the fanbase is not more fired up about this guy. He's a joy to watch and I love it when the ball is in his hands in the clutch. Scored a game-winner over Draymond iirc.
Agreed hes easily one of the most reliable players on the team

With the off season to work on his game and rest his body he should see improvement. He was after all a NBA Rookie last season. The league had a chance to watch tape and adjust to his game. Now he has had a chance to adjust his game and come back for season 2. I think his assist numbers and scoring will go up. Hopefully Bogdan will get more looks from the 3 point line as well as Buddy and the rest of the Kings.

Can he play the three on a full term basis with that 7 ft wingspan? They IMO were misguidingly pursuing LaVine this summer, but with the notion that he possibly could (unless they thought he’d come off the bench too). LaVine is even more of a SG

I’ve wanted the teams current best two players in Buddy/Bogdan starting together for aeons. Stats say our best lineups were with them (see SactownRoyalty ‘Wee Three Kings’). Buddy is starting quality and won’t want to come off the bench for his career IMO

I think this season we see if he can play some three. His athleticism might serve him better there on both sides of the ball IMO anyways

I really don't know why the fanbase is not more fired up about this guy. He's a joy to watch and I love it when the ball is in his hands in the clutch. Scored a game-winner over Draymond iirc.
After being disappointed year after year, I think all fans have been realistic in their expectations of our players. Bogdan is not getting a lot of hype because he had an average year. Not good, not bad, but average. Bogdan was also a 25yearold rookie. At the end of the day, age plays a gigantic role in ceiling. He'll be 26yearsold coming up this season. That's the same age as Kyrie Irving, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Evan Fournier, etc. At this age, all of those guys are proven NBA starters who are in the top 10 at their positions.

Basically he's an older player on this young team. He had an average rookie year. He doesn't show a particularly high ceiling.

Fans are excited about him, but he's probably at best, a solid starter on a good team. That's not worth getting fired up over. Whereas Fox, Bagley, and the others have much higher ceilings and could potentially shape our entire franchise. Bogdan isn't a franchise changer. I actually think he gets a lot of love by fans in general though. Just not the same hype.

After being disappointed year after year, I think all fans have been realistic in their expectations of our players. Bogdan is not getting a lot of hype because he had an average year. Not good, not bad, but average. Bogdan was also a 25yearold rookie. At the end of the day, age plays a gigantic role in ceiling. He'll be 26yearsold coming up this season. That's the same age as Kyrie Irving, Harrison Barnes, Tobias Harris, Evan Fournier, etc. At this age, all of those guys are proven NBA starters who are in the top 10 at their positions.

Basically he's an older player on this young team. He had an average rookie year. He doesn't show a particularly high ceiling.

Fans are excited about him, but he's probably at best, a solid starter on a good team. That's not worth getting fired up over. Whereas Fox, Bagley, and the others have much higher ceilings and could potentially shape our entire franchise. Bogdan isn't a franchise changer. I actually think he gets a lot of love by fans in general though. Just not the same hype.
His stats were better than "average" for a rookie, regardless of age. His shooting splits were fantastic. For comparison Manu Ginobli averaged 7 ppg 2 reb 2 AST shooting 43% from the field, 34% from 3 and 73% from the line as a 25 year old rookie. Also you may say he is a solid starter on a good team(which I tend to agree with), that makes him the only player on the current roster who can say that. Fox, Bagley, Giles may have higher ceilings but potential is just a word. Until they prove it on the court and in their work ethic it's all just a figment of your imagination.

His stats were better than "average" for a rookie, regardless of age. His shooting splits were fantastic. For comparison Manu Ginobli averaged 7 ppg 2 reb 2 AST shooting 43% from the field, 34% from 3 and 73% from the line as a 25 year old rookie.
Age is very relevant in this discussion though. He had an average year. Manu is a gigantic outlier because he's a future HOF who has now played into his 40s. That would be very hard for Bogdan to replicate. Manu is also a lot more athletic than Bogdan is.

I think Bogdan can be a good player for us, but I think he caps out at average.

Definitely disagree on the average label. He played well despite a bad squad without anyone resembling a star player next to him. He also was noticed by coaches on King's opponents as its best player (ask Pop for example). He most importantly drew opposing teams best defensive players, unlike buddy hield who primarily came off the bench and faced opponents 2nd team. Not bashing Hield, just stating fact.

Age is very relevant in this discussion though. He had an average year. Manu is a gigantic outlier because he's a future HOF who has now played into his 40s. That would be very hard for Bogdan to replicate. Manu is also a lot more athletic than Bogdan is.

When's the last time young Kings players hit their top potential? I think you're underestimating how hard it is to find a player who can at the very least be a good starter at his position for the next 5-7 years. You're just assuming every Kings young player is gonna magically hit their ceiling when in actuality there's probably a rather small probability they every reach what you have envisioned in your head. The Kings have had a total of four all star players over the last 20 years(C Webb, Peja, Brad Miller, Boogie). That's it.

Actually, there have been quite a few players coming over from Europe at age 25 who started putting up really good numbers in their 3rd seasons (age 27). It is always amazing how much more you improve when you compete against the best.

12ppg 3 rb 3 assists 40% from the 3 in 28mpg is pretttty solid.

Hes a foundation player that is very important to the teams future success. Its not like 25 is old (still a couple years away from his prime), sure his ceiling isnt as high but 15 to 17 ppg would be fire. I barely remember the last.time I could say at least we got this guy thats legit consistent. Also, he was playing with zero summer rest which gassed him prolly.

With the off season to work on his game and rest his body he should see improvement. He was after all a NBA Rookie last season. The league had a chance to watch tape and adjust to his game. Now he has had a chance to adjust his game and come back for season 2. I think his assist numbers and scoring will go up. Hopefully Bogdan will get more looks from the 3 point line as well as Buddy and the rest of the Kings.
People don’t get how long straight he played.

His timeline was insane...

• Played the 15–16 season for his Euro club played deep into playoffs
  • Went into Olympic training and played through to the Gold medal game
  • Played the 16-17 season and went through to the Championship
  • Played Eurobasket and went through to the championship
  • Played the 17-18 NBA season

That’s a long timeline without a couple months break. Not only does it affect rest but it affects your ability to refine your game because your working on team play and team prep. I was disappointed in his knee injury and wished the Kings rested him more. I will be interested in what he does this year. I think he has the handles, IQ, and shooting to mimic Harden’s step back shot. If he gets that down.... watch out.

Can he play the three on a full term basis with that 7 ft wingspan? They IMO were misguidingly pursuing LaVine this summer, but with the notion that he possibly could (unless they thought he’d come off the bench too). LaVine is even more of a SG

I’ve wanted the teams current best two players in Buddy/Bogdan starting together for aeons. Stats say our best lineups were with them (see SactownRoyalty ‘Wee Three Kings’). Buddy is starting quality and won’t want to come off the bench for his career IMO

I think this season we see if he can play some three. His athleticism might serve him better there on both sides of the ball IMO anyways
I think another question is could either Buddy or Bogdan Guard the point if played in the back court together.

I think your point is fair but discounts his playing schedule since the fall of 2015. Adding skills to your game takes both the recognition you need to and free time to work on it. Bogdan has had no free time since he was 22.

If the knee injury didn’t set him back I think we see a jump this year. The dribbling skills he displayed F’ing with his cousin are the same skills Harden uses to set up his step back.

12ppg 3 rb 3 assists 40% from the 3 in 28mpg is pretttty solid.

Hes a foundation player that is very important to the teams future success. Its not like 25 is old (still a couple years away from his prime), sure his ceiling isnt as high but 15 to 17 ppg would be fire. I barely remember the last.time I could say at least we got this guy thats legit consistent. Also, he was playing with zero summer rest which gassed him prolly.
I’m sticking with my 19-21 points a game.

One thing is for sure, he is better than his little cousin :).

It’s funny but it also points out a couple key traits.
  • Bogdan has very good handles and the ability to stay low with his dribble
  • Bogdan has a strong ability to read his defender
I expect to see Bogdan improve the timing and rhythm of his step back this summer so it’s jab, gather, one, two, shot.... using a series of jabs and crossovers waiting to get his defender on the wrong foot.

With this improvement I also expect to see him start to draw more fouls.