Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't run with these guys scooting over from SG to SF. Their measurements say they can slip over and be smaller SF's but their on court look and play doesn't.

Malachi and Bogdan will not be able to guard Kawhi, Durant, James, Butler, George, Carmelo, Hayward, Barnes, Wiggins, Batum and a handful of other SF's that have game. They also won't be able to take advantage of them on the other end because neither are fast or athletic. They're going to get abused on offense and defense. Not to mention the rebounding is going to be atrocious. We need legitimate 6'8" small forwards that have some strength and toughness to them.

We can't run with these guys scooting over from SG to SF. Their measurements say they can slip over and be smaller SF's but their on court look and play doesn't.

Malachi and Bogdan will not be able to guard Kawhi, Durant, James, Butler, George, Carmelo, Hayward, Barnes, Wiggins, Batum and a handful of other SF's that have game. They also won't be able to take advantage of them on the other end because neither are fast or athletic. They're going to get abused on offense and defense. Not to mention the rebounding is going to be atrocious. We need legitimate 6'8" small forwards that have some strength and toughness to them.
So what is your suggestion on how to handle Hield/Bogdan/Malachi/Temple? Taking into account Bogdan/Malachi might not have the market value that we'd like their talent to necessitate?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
So what is your suggestion on how to handle Hield/Bogdan/Malachi/Temple? Taking into account Bogdan/Malachi might not have the market value that we'd like their talent to necessitate?
There has to be a trade somewhere. Remember we also have Reke and whoever that other dude was that came over in the trade. We will need a bonafide pg as we will have none on the roster. This pantry full of sgs is a problem. Why in hell's name did Vlade work a trade to get Hield, what's his name, and Reke? Maybe he has something else in mind but it seems we are backed into a corner.

As hard as it might be for you to comprehend it, this team had a MUCH better chance of being good next season had they not made a brain dead trade in the last week.
As hard as it might be for YOU to comprehend, nobody is denying that we had a much better chance of being good next season. But it was just a chance. You spoke as if the Kings were already a good team/ going to be a good team for certain.

This has been on my mind as well. Of ben/bogdon/hield/temple who stays and who goes? Lets say that Ben is gone, what if Bogdon is worthy of playing time? We will be stuck with hield/temple/bogdon. I think we're going to end up using Hield/Temple, which is fine by me. Where does it leave Bogdon?

This has been on my mind as well. Of ben/bogdon/hield/temple who stays and who goes? Lets say that Ben is gone, what if Bogdon is worthy of playing time? We will be stuck with hield/temple/bogdon. I think we're going to end up using Hield/Temple, which is fine by me. Where does it leave Bogdon?
Malachi and Bogdon will have to play heavy minutes at sf I'm guessing.

I think there will have to be a trade. I doubt Bogdan will come over unless there is one. Even if he does, I don't know if he's even going to be effective in this league. His numbers are oddly inconsistent in Europe. Plus its difficult to gauge what this FO is going to do. Im wondering if Temple will end up in a trade and they'll roll the dice on Hield or Malachi developing into a legitimate player. That's what I would do if I was going to rebuild but I have a feeling they'll do the usual half rebuild half try to win garbage that gets them no where.

Based on past performance, we have no idea what this FO is going to do. It may depend on how much say Joerger has too. He is not enamored with playing rookies or unknown quantities.

It's hard to tell how a guy will perform coming over from Europe. He may or may not pan out. Just like any college player that is drafted. Penciling Bogdan in as a starter or anything is premature and bound to lead to disappointment.

Do the Kings want to go full rebuild and trot out a 24 and under team and develop kids. Or do they want to keep some veterans and see what the team can do. These are things they'll have to explain to Bogdan before he even commits to coming over. How solid is Vlades's word at this point with any players? I wouldn't bank on Bogdan coming over.

I get the serbian connection but I hope when Vlade said Bogdan was an asset he meant a trade asset. Cant see having 4 SG's next year. Unless Malachi grows an inch or two and swings to SF that may work but then again a SG lineup of Temple/Hield/Bogdanovic is deep.

We wont win any championship with them our supposed 'best future players' playing in the same spot.

After the trade I didn't really see a place for Bogdan on the Kings and I still see too many SGs. With that said Bogdan brings something that the Kings sorely lack and that is playmaking and creativity. Bogdan can get his own shot and set up for other to a degree and the Kings have very little of that right now. Buddy may develop that but so far it looks like he's got 2 left hands half the time.

I love the idea of Bogdan coming to the Kings and being a key piece of the Rebuild. That being said with Malachi and Buddy already on the squad he does become redundant and he knows this. None of these guys are physical match ups for NBA SF's although they can play SF at points in some games. The top teams have Kawhi, Lebron and Durant as SF. Those SF studs would run over these young SG's time after time and the Ref's will allow it.

makes minimal sense for him to come here given we are years from competing.

given his experience in euro, he is more or less a vet SG who would have solidified our backcourt had we been about winning now with boogie.

We have kids to develop and its pointless for him to come over here for a franchise who doesnt know if its coming or going.

Vlades word should count for nothing these days if he's smart. Those cultural ties dont help beyond establishing rapport and some sense of connection.

Bogdan is not coming. Sorry. Sac.1989 is right. There is no incentive at this point. A ton of SGs on roster and we're starting another rebuild.
The incentive for Bogdan is more money on a non-rookie deal and prove himself against the players in the world. As far as ton of SGs, we can slide Bogdan and Malachi to SF. Both have 7'0" wingspans. Allegedly there was trade interest in Ben around the trade deadline. If we get commitment from Bogdan I would anticipate a sign and trade with Ben. Affalo is going to get bought out. Temple is best in back-up utility role. Buddy will start next year with strong summer.

SG - Buddy - Temple
SF - Malachi - Bogdan

Under this scenario there is incentive for Bogdan to come over with minutes up for grabs. And even become a #1 or #2 option! Its not like he would be buried behind established players. If I am in his shoes that is more important than being on an established playoff team. I would also want to come to a team where the "culture" is relatively positive. This will be selling point for Vlade following trade, that Bogdan will to join young players to grow together. So with all due respect your "no incentive" conclusion is hogwash.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...h-Fenerbahce-For-17-18-Despite-Kings-Interest

Yes he signed for next season. But the good news is the buyout is only 1 million euros. I am sure his contract here would be a lot bigger than million. So I think in one way it is smart tactic by his agent to sign that contract. It is a very good bargaining tool. This contract should in way no impede the Kings from signing if they wish to choose to.

The incentive for Bogdan is more money on a non-rookie deal and prove himself against the players in the world. As far as ton of SGs, we can slide Bogdan and Malachi to SF. Both have 7'0" wingspans. Allegedly there was trade interest in Ben around the trade deadline. If we get commitment from Bogdan I would anticipate a sign and trade with Ben. Affalo is going to get bought out. Temple is best in back-up utility role. Buddy will start next year with strong summer.

SG - Buddy - Temple
SF - Malachi - Bogdan

Under this scenario there is incentive for Bogdan to come over with minutes up for grabs. And even become a #1 or #2 option! Its not like he would be buried behind established players. If I am in his shoes that is more important than being on an established playoff team. I would also want to come to a team where the "culture" is relatively positive. This will be selling point for Vlade following trade, that Bogdan will to join young players to grow together. So with all due respect your "no incentive" conclusion is hogwash.
Who cares what the measurements say? Watch them play the game. They are not SF's in any stretch of the imagination. Teaming them both up as SF's is basically spotting the opposition 15 points a night.

Their measurements flat out don't measure up to how they compare on the court to the rest of the players. Thomas Robinson is listed at 6'10" but he's actually the size of a SF, not a PF. It's precisely why he isn't the current Reggie Evans of the league. Measurements mean nothing if the player isn't built right. Half the time the measurements aren't even accurate anyway.

Trying to run two average sized SG's out there as SF's all year is just asking to not only get them destroyed on defense but also get them stunted on offense due to playing against much better players that will be able to shut them down on a night to night basis.

Who cares what the measurements say? Watch them play the game.
You are entitled to your opinion. I am not particularly inclined to debate you because you are rather lathered up in your tone. I will say the best SF in NBA not named LeBron or Durant came into league with 7"3 wingspan and 227 pounds (Kawhi). As long as a player is in this ball park relative to length and weight (strength), there is potential for a skilled wing player to slide between SG and SF. These positions are relatively interchangeable. If you don't think Malachi has this potential you are selling him short. It may be more of a stretch for Bogdan but not out of realm of possibility. A wing needs to be able to shoot from deep, breakdown his man off the bounce, slide down for rebounds, and hold their ground in the paint. To conclude so soon neither prospect is capable in this regard is short sighted.

SG - Buddy - Temple
SF - Malachi - Bogdan

I have been thinking about Bogdan and wondering how he thinks of the Kings and the NBA in general. Whether he comes or not is a bit of a reflection on how he sees his own abilities to play in the NBA. Does he have the confidence to come here knowing he is better than these other guys? Can he let his game do the talking and just kick some butt? I for one hope he has big balls and comes over and sets the NBA on fire:)

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...h-Fenerbahce-For-17-18-Despite-Kings-Interest

Yes he signed for next season. But the good news is the buyout is only 1 million euros. I am sure his contract here would be a lot bigger than million. So I think in one way it is smart tactic by his agent to sign that contract. It is a very good bargaining tool. This contract should in way no impede the Kings from signing if they wish to choose to.
It's a solid leveraging tool to force the Kings to anti-up their offer to persuade him to leave his current team.

Bogdan kept pulling this crap when he was with us too. The Suns tried to bring him over every season after the first season in which he got drafted. He frustrated the Suns and I think that's part of the reason why they decided to just trade him for something.

I don't think he's interested in playing NBA ball and I do think he's just toying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.