Bobby Jackson

Since I am really anxious for Bjax to return, i tried visiting his website just to at least find out when he might return. then i came to his latest diary entry which said...

Bobby's Journal #1
03/21/2005

Thanks for coming to the site and seeing what I’m up to. Its been tough this season with the wrist injury and all, but although I’m not playing, I give my guys support every game. The team has been steady and hope we start to roll and go into the playoffs on a high level. I have been busy of the court too. I have been working with McDonalds and doing appearances for them and they will be working with me this summer on the camps I have in the Sacramento area, so that’s exciting. Other than that, I have just been going to rehab and getting my wrist better so I can come back next season and contribute the way I use to. Also, send me emails to see how I’m doing. I like hearing from you guys. I will put stuff on here so you can see where I’ll be doing appearances so you can come out and say hi. Aight, I’m out, see you guys here next time.

Peace

Bobby

I'm just wondering if he meant he was going to sit out the rest of this year, or that he really wasnt sure when he was comming back.

I remember when he mentioned it on tv that he was returning a week before the playoffs, he said this before but it never happend until the playoffs was over.

I'm just really curious when he actually is comming back. Do you think its BEFORE the playoffs? or DURING the playoffs? :confused:

last year he kept teasing everyone saying he would be coming back and never did. I assume the same thing may happen. Good thing with have House, on the team for instant offense. I know it's not like having Bobby because Bobby can do so much but House can at least fill up the basket with ease.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bobby Jackson and Lawrence Funderburke were on the Channel 3 news at noon... They were there to talk about tomorrow night's Charitabowl event.

Walt Gray sat down to intervew them and his first question was to Bobby, about his wrist and when he would be back. Bobby said it was the million dollar question and one he didn't really want to say too much. Gray said something like "When you're ready you'll be back?" And Bobby said, "This isn't what the trainers say. This is what I say. I hope to be back before the end of the season."

There's something new to chew on...

:D

VF21 said:
Bobby Jackson and Lawrence Funderburke were on the Channel 3 news at noon... They were there to talk about tomorrow night's Charitabowl event.

Walt Gray sat down to intervew them and his first question was to Bobby, about his wrist and when he would be back. Bobby said it was the million dollar question and one he didn't really want to say too much. Gray said something like "When you're ready you'll be back?" And Bobby said, "This isn't what the trainers say. This is what I say. I hope to be back before the end of the season."

Good eats, thanks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just for clarification, when he said "end of the season" Bobby was responding to whether or not he'd be ready for the playoffs. I understood his comment to mean that he would love to be back before the final regular season game on April 20...at home against the Phoenix Suns.

It looks to me like Bobby is about to get left off the playoff roster. With Eddie playing outstanding and then K-Mart Stepping it up vs. Lakers its gonna be hard to put him on. Especially if K-Mart plays well in the last 4 games of the reg. season! I think everybpdy except Bobby is already looking at next year as his realitic return date. I think that is why RA is giving K-Mart some real PT before playoffs start!

K- Mart has been doing really well lately, i was impressed.

He had double digits, and some really good plays. Especially that alley-hoop Bibby gave him during garbage time.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
N.U.F.A.N. said:
K- Mart has been doing really well lately, i was impressed.

He had double digits, and some really good plays. Especially that alley-hoop Bibby gave him during garbage time.
Aaaack!! K-Mart plays for the Denver Nuggets. ;)

VF21 said:

Funderburke?? So he's still involved with the organization? I loved that guy when he played for us.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lawrence was there talking about his new book, "Hook Me Up, Playa," which is coming out in June AND he's going to be at the charity event tomorrow night. He said he was glad to come back to participate because it's a way to give back something to the community that gave so much to him and his family.

I have always admired Funderburke. After today, my admiration rose even higher and I immediately went to www.hookmeupplaya.com and pre-ordered his book.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
teamdimechampionship said:
The REAL K-Mart was a Wide Receiver for the Dallas Cowboys!;)
Playing for the Cowboys is kind of like playing for the Yankees or Lakers -- you give up all right to respect, adoration, nicknames, and life, liberty or property when you put on that jersey. ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
teamdimechampionship said:
The REAL K-Mart was a Wide Receiver for the Dallas Cowboys!;)
Good point! However, was he a wide receiver? I was thinking he was on the Defensive Line with Too Tall Jones.

Currently, in the same sport, we should not confuse the poor guys. Or, more importantly.....confuse us poor fans. ;) So, and since our Kevin likes the name, we around here like to refer to him as Special K.

Looks like we'll see Bobby next week. He was just on with Koz at the Charitabowl. He has received very good news, and Koz said he knew what Bobby's Hope was and asked him would those come true. Bobby answered yes, very much a reality maybe earlier. So, I say we see him for the first week. He is 8-10 pounds heavier than he was when he got hurt. He's going to 2 a days etc.

^Yep, I also heard on the radio that Bobby said he got good news. He didn't want to say a date though, but said he's much better and may even be coming back sooner than he/we think!

This is good news!! :)

Twix said:
^Yep, I also heard on the radio that Bobby said he got good news. He didn't want to say a date though, but said he's much better and may even be coming back sooner than he/we think!

This is good news!! :)
Today has been an uplifting Kings news day.

Entity

Hall of Famer
except for the fact that before he injured his wrist he had the worst fg% and 3pt% on the kings but was still jacking up shots like he was MJ. Stay with Eddie he is ready

Entity said:
except for the fact that before he injured his wrist he had the worst fg% and 3pt% on the kings but was still jacking up shots like he was MJ. Stay with Eddie he is ready
Absolutely ridicolous. Bobby is our toughest defender, arguably one of our better rebounders, and one of the guys with the biggest heart this organization has ever seen. Eddie over Bobby, wow, I guess some are more , "What have you done for me lately" then I had thought.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i agree with you 100% about Bobby he is a great. But if he comes back doing the same thing. I would hope RA says enough is enough lets go with the guy that has been lighting it up lately. That is how you win championships. Not going with a guy because he did well 2 years ago. If you got the depth use it. If Peja goes 0-8 in the first quarter and Big Nasty comes in 3-4 in 4 min then Nasty should stay the whole second. Let peja start over in the 3rd. Same with all our starters. RA needs to learn to go with the hot hand. We finally once again have depth at all positions we should utilize that. That could in fact get us what we all desire.

Now if Bobby comes back playing like he did 2 years ago. to hell with House and watch out NBA cause the kings are about to make some noise.

Entity said:
i agree with you 100% about Bobby he is a great. But if he comes back doing the same thing. I would hope RA says enough is enough lets go with the guy that has been lighting it up lately. That is how you win championships. Not going with a guy because he did well 2 years ago. If you got the depth use it. If Peja goes 0-8 in the first quarter and Big Nasty comes in 3-4 in 4 min then Nasty should stay the whole second. Let peja start over in the 3rd. Same with all our starters. RA needs to learn to go with the hot hand. We finally once again have depth at all positions we should utilize that. That could in fact get us what we all desire.

Now if Bobby comes back playing like he did 2 years ago. to hell with House and watch out NBA cause the kings are about to make some noise.
Bobby brings more then shooting, House does not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Entity said:

Oddly enough, I think Adelman may actually utilize both House and Jackson efficiently. And I find it very humorous that you're making it sound as though Adelman doesn't know what he has or what he's doing.

As far as Peja goes, you don't sit a shooter because he hasn't found his shot, ESPECIALLY Peja. He seems sometimes to take a while to get zoned in. My trust is in Adelman.