Blow It Up

We talk about having enough shooting floor spacing etc but is Memphis providing us with another path? They have a lane clogging tradition non shooting Center, a poor shooting PF (JJJ), an average or slightly below shooting SF, a good shooting guard and an average shooting star point guard. I am talking about the 3 ball and this is the starting lineup. They do have bench guys that can shoot. 35-17
To be Memphis you need a elite PG something the Kings don't have.

We talk about having enough shooting floor spacing etc but is Memphis providing us with another path? They have a lane clogging tradition non shooting Center, a poor shooting PF (JJJ), an average or slightly below shooting SF, a good shooting guard and an average shooting star point guard. I am talking about the 3 ball and this is the starting lineup. They do have bench guys that can shoot. 35-17
The option people seem to be forgetting...

https://nbacoaches.com/taylor-jenki...ff-win-western-conference-coach-of-the-month/

https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/assessing-memphis-grizzlies-coaches-2020-21/

Fox "sore ankle" is out again tonight. I think that's 12 days now since Gentry said it was nothing serious?

I'm guessing he's been shopped pretty heavily. Wouldn't surprise me if he's out till after the deadline.
Deaaron and his team would have to be ok with that. If a deal was in place, you’d think they would just pull the trigger on it. Pretty awkward to hold him out and then a deal doesn’t happen.

Deaaron and his team would have to be ok with that. If a deal was in place, you’d think they would just pull the trigger on it. Pretty awkward to hold him out and then a deal doesn’t happen.
Yeah I dunno. Just me putting my tin-foil hat on, but a "non-serious ankle soreness" is verging on 2 weeks as we're approaching the deadline. And the Kings obviously need a major shake-up, they simply can't expect to get by with just minor 10th man for 10th man type moves.

I think people forget sometimes that the point of the game isn't to score more three point shots than your opponent or to shoot a higher percentage, it's just to score more points than the other team every night. There are a whole range of ways to do that.

Fox "sore ankle" is out again tonight. I think that's 12 days now since Gentry said it was nothing serious?

I'm guessing he's been shopped pretty heavily. Wouldn't surprise me if he's out till after the deadline.
Then again, maybe on the flipside they are trying to give offensive roles to the other guys to build last minute value while getting him some rest in the meantime to make that late season push behind Fox/Haliburton? So far if that was the plan, not going so well. Every day they keep digging that hole a little deeper.

the whole “we play better without fox and Buddy is better” was as we already knew, wrong~~~
Only a hater would think taking 20 points out of the lineup without replacing it would make a team better . Personally I think the team would be better if those 20 points came from another position, not a guard. it's not fox hate its a fit issue.

Then again, maybe on the flipside they are trying to give offensive roles to the other guys to build last minute value while getting him some rest in the meantime to make that late season push behind Fox/Haliburton? So far if that was the plan, not going so well. Every day they keep digging that hole a little deeper.
Knowing Vivek it was definitely a terrible idea but the plan failing benefits the fans because that’ll be one less thing he can try with his terrible ideas