Blow It Up

Collins is what he is. He would be the second best scorer on the team by a long shot. His defense will be better than Bagley/Barnes at the 5 but probably not as good as Metu's. His rebounding only took a hit because they signed Capela. Before that he was an average to slightly above average rebounder.

If he was traded for a FRP and Barnes, you have to think about what is left to build on going forward. He's going to need a good defender next to him but he stretches the floor so now you don't need a 5 that can stretch. Holmes wouldn't work so you'd have to package Holmes, Buddy and potentially another FRP to have a lineup of Fox, Hali, ????, Collins and ?????. With the question marks being players that they could bring in via trades that would help the team and not just keep them in the same position they are now. I think it's a tall order. Give me a tank and first round picks please.
Well yeah, but we know it's not going to happen. We know they should blow this team up, suck, give Hali/Mitchell a chance to run the show but they're going to insist on pushing for the 8 seed. I think Collins at least gives them a reasonable upside player with meat on the bone that should fit offensively like a glove and is signed long-term. Probably the best hedge I see available.

They would have to add in Deng and Nunn just to make the salary work. But seeing as the Lakers don't have a first-round pick to offer until 2027, I think we can safely assume they're not going to get Buddy.
We shall see but if the word on Monte is true he's not looking for picks, and with the mess he's created with Buddy, he needs to get out of it, not go totally overboard on value if this is the best deal out there. Someone with direct ties to one of your core guys and busting up a huge chunk of salary. Good enough if that magic deal isn't out there. And it likely ain't.

We have an all star in Fox and we should try building around him for once. He will lead us to the promise land along with Tyrese. If Dame and CJ could make it work, so can Fox and Tyrese and we just need to somehow turn Buddy Hield and Tristan Thompson into Kevin Durant and we're all set!
Thankfully, we should get a supreme package for Buddy raining all those 3's!! 3's are so valuable in today's game! We're set!

It really does feel like Fox is being held out because they probably want to move on from him and told him and his agent directly they’re looking for trades. A change of scenery certainly what’s best for both parties at this point imho

gunks

Hall of Famer
I still think trading Fox is going to look like a **** move in a few seasons. He ends up on a franchise that knows how to build a team, with a good coach, and he's gonna kill it. That franchise isn't the Kings unfortunately.

I'd prefer a rebuilding package back vs a treadmill move. But it is what it is. Vivek wants that 9th/10th in the West spot.

I still think trading Fox is going to look like a **** move in a few seasons. He ends up on a franchise that knows how to build a team, with a good coach, and he's gonna kill it. That franchise isn't the Kings unfortunately.

I'd prefer a rebuilding package back vs a treadmill move. But it is what it is. Vivek wants that 9th/10th in the West spot.
Lol blame Vivek as usual. Tell me, who is giving us a "rebuilding package" for any of our assets besides Fox and Haliburton?

Entity

Hall of Famer
They would have to add in Deng and Nunn just to make the salary work. But seeing as the Lakers don't have a first-round pick to offer until 2027, I think we can safely assume they're not going to get Buddy.
Could we facilitate a 3-4 team we where LA gets buddy we get tucker and the third team gets Westbrook. Off the top of my head
Lakers get
Buddy
Barnes

Kings get
Tucker
Sabonis
Tj warren

Pacers get
Westbrook

We shall see but if the word on Monte is true he's not looking for picks, and with the mess he's created with Buddy, he needs to get out of it, not go totally overboard on value if this is the best deal out there. Someone with direct ties to one of your core guys and busting up a huge chunk of salary. Good enough if that magic deal isn't out there. And it likely ain't.
Don't fall for this laker deal. Hold your horses and see what develops.

Smokescreen

As a Fox fan I hope he ends up somewhere successful if at the most likely chance we don’t build around him

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lol blame Vivek as usual. Tell me, who is giving us a "rebuilding package" for any of our assets besides Fox and Haliburton?
Well, weren't the Celtics offering a pick last season for Barnes. Lakers are back to pursuing Buddy per recent rumors.

I'm not expecting a top 10 unprotected pick back or anything, but if McNair had a green light I'm sure there's playoff teams in "win now" mode who'd be willing to trade youth/future picks for players we have. Barnes, Holmes, heck even Buddy would all have value to a team trying to push over the top.

And why wouldn't I blame Vivek? The exact same stupid crap has been happening year after year since he took over. I'll always blame Vivek.

Last edited:
This may come as a surprise from me but i'd rather get the FIT of Collins with Fox/Hali for cheaper than pay up for Sabonis. Collins is really really good, I think it's fair to say he's a fringe, all-star type. Gives Fox the big man spacer he desperately needs and he's an elite PnR/PnP partner with Hali and only 24 so he lines up well with their age curve to enter their prime.
I’m with you.

Collins seems like he could be had for a reasonable package of assets, he fits the age-arc better than some of the other prominent names we have heard, he would be a good fit with his skill set, and is locked up for 4 more seasons under what appears to be a market-value contract.

Last edited:
Well, weren't the Celtics offering a pick last season for Barnes. Lakers are back to pursuing Buddy per recent rumors.

I'm not expecting a top 10 unprotected pick back or anything, but if McNair had a green light I'm sure there's playoff teams in "win now" mode who'd be willing to trade youth/future picks for players we have. Barnes, Holmes, heck even Buddy would all have value to a team trying to push over the top.

And why wouldn't I blame Vivek? The exact same stupid crap has been happening year after year since he took over. I'll always blame Vivek.
I believe Vivek tanked the Boston trade last year. But at some point Monte needs to stand up and tell Vivek what every person in the world can see…. This team isn’t one move away…. Previous tinkering has only made the team worse.

if Monte continuous on this path it stops being a Vivek problem and Monte starts to own it.

We talk about having enough shooting floor spacing etc but is Memphis providing us with another path? They have a lane clogging tradition non shooting Center, a poor shooting PF (JJJ), an average or slightly below shooting SF, a good shooting guard and an average shooting star point guard. I am talking about the 3 ball and this is the starting lineup. They do have bench guys that can shoot. 35-17