Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If ever there was a game to put your worst foot forward this would be it. Good game to let Bruno show what he can do. Also, Bogs needs to be put on ice. Dont like hearing how his hamstrings are feeling. Thats your body telling you needs a rest. Going to be so pissed off if Bogs blows an achilles or tears a leg muscle after Kings dont shut him down following warning signs. Important as well to shut down Zbo so Fox and Skal are forced to shoulder a bigger burden on the offensive end for them help pin point where they need to work on their game going into offseason...take away Fox's ZBO training wheels for last 10 games
Let Bruno show what he can do? If he gets time, it will be because Joerger stays consistent with what he's done all year. He'll play Bruno IF he's earned the time by working hard in practice.

Now, about Bogs. Let's wait and see what happens. "Don't like hearing how his hamstrings are feeling"? What have you heard in addition to what has been released - that he was feeling a little soreness. If he was a race horse, your post sounds like you'd put him out to pasture.

I will agree that there's no need to play Zach, and if the stuff I saw yesterday on Twitter is any indication, it looks like he probably won't play. (See the game thread.)

These kids are putting stuff together and building a strong foundation. If Bogs cannot play because of legitimate concerns, fine. Otherwise, he needs to be out there.

With Charlotte's win, if the Lakers and Pistons follow suit, 10th place will become out of reach for us, and teams like Dallas, Brooklyn and almost for Chicago. The top 4 slots also look out of reach for those teams. With neither Kings or Brooklyn making any effort to tank, maybe the Mavs and Bulls will relax and win an extra game or two.

If it's any consolation, here's the most likely situation where we fall as low as tied for 10th:
Charlotte lins all 10 of their remaining games, while Kings go 8-2 on theirs.

Ninth could definitely happen, but tenth is really a stretch.
10th isn’t a stretch because the odds of one team below us jumping into the top 3 via lottery and pushing us down one more slot is reasonably high.

So finishing 9th leaves you with a good chance of picking 10th.

Let Bruno show what he can do? If he gets time, it will be because Joerger stays consistent with what he's done all year. He'll play Bruno IF he's earned the time by working hard in practice.

Now, about Bogs. Let's wait and see what happens. "Don't like hearing how his hamstrings are feeling"? What have you heard in addition to what has been released - that he was feeling a little soreness. If he was a race horse, your post sounds like you'd put him out to pasture.

I will agree that there's no need to play Zach, and if the stuff I saw yesterday on Twitter is any indication, it looks like he probably won't play. (See the game thread.)

These kids are putting stuff together and building a strong foundation. If Bogs cannot play because of legitimate concerns, fine. Otherwise, he needs to be out there.
These kids are winning against G league rosters largely. Same as last year when Skal scored 32 points in a game and was suddenly ineffective in November when he had to play real NBA players.

What happens in March is possibly fools gold. Let’s see how they do in November before asserting its a strong foundation.

Welp, that is that.

Gotta look at Mikal Bridges or Mo Bamba saving the prospects of our mediocre to poor future. Joy.
Mikal Bridges and Mo Bamba will be long gone when we pick at 9 or 10. If we lost this game we might have had a shot at Bridges or Bamba. We have no shot at losing to Memphis or Phoenix. We could still beat Dallas and may possibly beat Houston the last game when they rest all their starters in a meaningless game.

That’s 4 more wins which will likely push us past Chicago and New York. Rumors are Porter is going back to school. I would expect the following players to be gone:

Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Jackson
Young
Mikel Bridges
Bamba
Carter

Your choices will likely be between Knox, Shea and Sexton, with Shea and Sexton being the BPA. I would not be shocked to see us trade down with Phoenix.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...What happens in March is possibly fools gold. Let’s see how they do in November before asserting its a strong foundation.
When I speak of a strong foundation, I'm talking about things like fundamentals. They're learning some of the basics they may have not learned in NCAA without the added pressure of worrying about where they are in the standings. Reading defenses, recognizing when to call out a screen, learning to communicate with your fellow players, etc.

When I speak of a strong foundation, I'm talking about things like fundamentals. They're learning some of the basics they may have not learned in NCAA without the added pressure of worrying about where they are in the standings. Reading defenses, recognizing when to call out a screen, learning to communicate with your fellow players, etc.
Again doing it against glorified G league teams and real NBA teams is night and day as Skal proved this November.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Again doing it against glorified G league teams and real NBA teams is night and day as Skal proved this November.
No, learning the fundamentals is learning the fundamentals. It doesn't matter who you do it against. I specifically did NOT mention individual performances regarding scoring, rebounds, etc. as that obviously is variable depending upon whom they're playing.

No, learning the fundamentals is learning the fundamentals. It doesn't matter who you do it against. I specifically did NOT mention individual performances regarding scoring, rebounds, etc. as that obviously is variable depending upon whom they're playing.
Reading and reacting to an NBA defense is worlds different than a G league defense. Being able to defend and recover against an NBA pick and role is miles different than a G league pick and role. Those are the fundamentals that matter as a foundation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reading and reacting to an NBA defense is worlds different than a G league defense. Being able to defend and recover against an NBA pick and role is miles different than a G league pick and role. Those are the fundamentals that matter as a foundation.
OMG, dude. WHATEVER.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We weren't going to out tank the team the Hawks put out out there folks. Damn they were bad. Cooley and sampson would have punked them too
I was kind of distracted and didn't pay much attention to Bruno tonight. But, as you just pointed out, I don't think his performance against the Hawks would be much of an evaluation factor. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3-22.png

It was a bad ping-pong day for the Kings, with five Lintenders in action and the Kings coming away with the only win.

Friday there are five more Tankathon games to keep an eye on, though none jump out as true opportunities for good news. The Suns will travel to Cleveland where they will try to make ground on the top spot, the Knicks will host Minnesota, the Nets will get their visas stamped on the way to Toronto, the Bulls will host the Bucks, and the Hawks will try to play in front of a slightly larger crowd down at Golden 1 West.

Nights like these make me wish for relegation. Like I felt after the Orlando game, some of these teams aren't even trying to try. It's shameful. If there's any justice in the league, Marc Gasol demands a trade.

All I'm going to say is Papa and Malachi would have been great for the tank.
I've been wondering why the heck Vlade traded away our only viable tank strategy. He said Papa wouldn't get minutes and couldn't develop with us (or something like that). Is this because Joerger wouldn't play him or because Vlade is on that silly deadline he set for himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.