Bill Walton, Former Kings Color Analyst and Father of Ex-Kings Coach, Passes Away at 71

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
There was no announcer in the sports world who would get me screaming at the TV for him to just please shut up already than Bill Walton, and I'm going to miss him. I always wondered what Walton was going to do next year, watching UCLA play games in the Big Ten and having no opportunity to relentlessly shill for the Conference of Champions ("they deserve seven or eight teams in the Tournament!") but I suppose that one's going to have to go unanswered. Rest In Peace, Legend.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
RIP

Used to love the NBC broadcast back and forth with Snapper Jones. Wish he had continued to do more national NBA broadcasts. Has there ever been a better player than Detlef Schrempf?
Him and Snapper were great. I think they were even better on their local broadcasts in LA because Bill was allowed to have more bite. Him being a big dumb oaf was a bit, he was a very smart man.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm going to miss him. What an incredible college basketball player he was, and also great in his early years in the NBA. His head-to-head matchups against Kareem were something to behold. He suffered incredible pain in his later years because of his back, nearly committed suicide because of it, finally got some help for it, and it seems like he only had a few good years before finally succumbing to cancer. Generally speaking, his knowledge of the game was vastly underrated, probably because of his bigger than life personality and willingness to talk about off the wall subjects like the Grateful Dead. It's a big loss to the basketball world.