Bigdog's NFL Fantasy league

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
tsa - Check the first post in the thread. It has all the information about the league that you'll need.

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, that was interesting. Have the 12th spot in the draft sucks... completely, utterly and totally.

Now we just have to wait for the season to begin.

GO DEVILS!!!!

that was fun..seemed to happen very quickly. I can get NFL coverage via my satelite tv so i will actually have a reason to watch some games this year!

I now have a reason to hope the niners do well, ....I drafted Barlow and Johnson!! :D

Well that was an interesting draft, sorry about your misfortune VF, I guess that's what you get for trying to steer this newbie wrong! :p

Here's what I wound up with:
QB- D. McNabb
WR- A. Boldin
WR- M. Muhammed
WR- Rod Smith
RB- C. Martin
RB- F. Taylor
TE- T. Gonzalez
W/T- Keyshawn Johnson
W/R- Thomas Jones
K- J. Wilkins
DEF- Arizona
DEF- Houston
BN- Aaron Brooks, QB
BN- J. Gaffney, WR
BN- A. Toomer, WR
BN- M. Pollard, TE
BN- D. White, WR
BN- K. Faulk, RB

All in all it could have been worse, but I'm matched up against Gary's UberBengals in week one; it's not looking good.
~~

I feel good, I figured I could go on and do the live draft at work....

Nope, instead I couldn't connect to the server thanks to security. So I rushed home just in time to pick the 18th pick (which I have promptly waived).

All in all, not too bad considering pre-ranking draft.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to my son-in-law, I didn't do that badly. I guess I'm still a little stunned about having Kerry Collins as my QB. Just doesn't feel right to this life-long 49er fan.

VF21 said:
According to my son-in-law, I didn't do that badly. I guess I'm still a little stunned about having Kerry Collins as my QB. Just doesn't feel right to this life-long 49er fan.

It'll feel right as soon as he starts passing to Moss, Porter, Jordan, Curry and Gabriel. ;)

Silver N Black:

QB: B. Favre
P. Ramsey

RB: W. McGahee
J. Lewis

TE: J. Witten
C. Cooley
M. Bennett (Also plays RB)
R. McMichael

WR: J. Horn
B. Stockley
R. Caldwell
K. Robinson
B. Lloyd
B. Wade

K: S. Graham
R. Lindell

DEF: Tampa Bay
NY Jets

Personally Im not to pleased with my team but there are a few guys who I like. Im glad I got Favre, Horn, Stockley, Witten and Lewis but some of the other guys I think are iffy.

Im dont follow the 49ers to much but is Lloyd their go-to reciever? Should I expect a big season if Rattay is out there? Im also worried about McGahee and Ramsey.

My projected defenses suck. :(

Im optomistic though. Lets see what we can do.

Yah VF's team is #1 going into this year (projected points wise). Yahoo has this neat little feature that predicts how players will do at their position fantasy points wise. It's kind o0f a fun feature, because I am going to use that, and create a "ranking system" and post it in both Kingsfans' leagues this year.

What I will do is take the points each player has made, and pit them against the "projected poitns" that yahoo has for the remainder of the year. I wonder how accurate it will be. We will soon find out!

Gary said:
Yah VF's team is #1 going into this year (projected points wise). Yahoo has this neat little feature that predicts how players will do at their position fantasy points wise. It's kind o0f a fun feature, because I am going to use that, and create a "ranking system" and post it in both Kingsfans' leagues this year.

What I will do is take the points each player has made, and pit them against the "projected poitns" that yahoo has for the remainder of the year. I wonder how accurate it will be. We will soon find out!
Seeing as my team are currenly ranked 11th (only Evil for company) i gotta hope the answer is 'not very' :) lol...might have know that Vf would be the early no1 without a pass being thrown!

TSA...are you hiding....? hope you were watching my dynamic duo...Brady and Dillon racking up the points lol. Dillon waltzed into the endzone twice, i couldnt see any Oakland players witihn camera shot but maybe i wasnt looking hard enough...;)

Lk, that's because you have a great coach!!:D and to see any Raiders wouldn't you actually have to be watching the game?;)
On my league I have Collins and Moss so right now I'm winning! Let's hope it keeps up over the weekend!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Be careful, LK. You don't want to talk too much smack after one early game.

;)

Since I have Kerry Collins in THIS league (being a 49er fan notwithstanding), I'm pretty pleased so far...

do you guys play only td's or yards and receptions also? im in a td league and picking was a lot harder with 10 people picking. my team is like this:

Qb Tom brady
Qb Carson Palmer

Rb Willis McGahee
Rb Kevin Jones
Rb Reuben Droughns
Rb Cedric Benson

Wr Andre Johnson
Wr Hines ward
Wr Lav. coles
Wr Michael Clayton

Def Pittsburgh
Def Washington

my kickers suck but i thought i did a pretty good job with my picks, and i just hope willis mcgahee stays healthy and gets a bunch of td's like last year.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
do you guys play only td's or yards and receptions also? im in a td league and picking was a lot harder with 10 people picking. my team is like this:

Qb Tom brady
Qb Carson Palmer

Rb Willis McGahee
Rb Kevin Jones
Rb Reuben Droughns
Rb Cedric Benson

Wr Andre Johnson
Wr Hines ward
Wr Lav. coles
Wr Michael Clayton

Def Pittsburgh
Def Washington

my kickers suck but i thought i did a pretty good job with my picks, and i just hope willis mcgahee stays healthy and gets a bunch of td's like last year.
I have McGahee in both my KingsFans.com leagues... I hope he goes crazy. 2200rush yds, 33 TD's, 900rec yds, 12rec td's, 0 fumbles.

I can hope cant I?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
To keep the confusion down to a minimum, I've changed the name of the thread. This thread is devoted to the Yahoo league started by bigdog. The teams are:

Stat Chasers
CrownRoyalChuggers
Herby's Heroes
SaCTowNFeveR NFL
King Nole
Silver N Black
4th & long
VF21 Devils
Evil Domination
Team Never-Lose
Gary's Bengals
MI Kings Fan

Anyone catch the Bengal game yesterday?

Whoever has CARSON PALMER is one lucky guy.. WAIT THAT'S ME! hehehe...

Why didn't I start him yesterday? Well I wont make that mistake again!

VF21 said:
Be careful, LK. You don't want to talk too much smack after one early game.

;)

Since I have Kerry Collins in THIS league (being a 49er fan notwithstanding), I'm pretty pleased so far...

::The 'early game involving just two of LK's team yields 42 points...the weekend brought the remain 10 constituents into play...in aggregate, those 10 managed another..(deep breath) 40 points!! :::(

Not quite the result i was hoping for !! :eek: :D

Still, another week, another match up...bring it on!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It just gets confusing because this is the thread we always have for members to discuss THIS league. When you say you have a certain player, for example, it's contrary to what we know is happening in our league.

Why not start a general thread for other fantasy leagues, as opposed to the ones dedicated to the bigdog league and the JSin league?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gary said:
Anyone catch the Bengal game yesterday?

Whoever has CARSON PALMER is one lucky guy.. WAIT THAT'S ME! hehehe...

Why didn't I start him yesterday? Well I wont make that mistake again!
I hate when that happens. Invariably, I sit someone out, they do really well, and so I put them into the next week's line-up and...they either break a foot, pull a muscle, commit 12 fumbles or end up DNP.

;)

okay Alacron, McNabb did alright for you in the first half, but the Niners are going to come back at those Eagles in H2....::crosses fingers:: lol