Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

dude12

Hall of Famer
funny you say that. CD said he was talking to a friend of his on the training/medical staff, a friend who he said is a straight shooter and knows how stuff. Said that people are fixated on the injuries, and rightfully so, but his talent level is absurd. Said if he can get healthy he is going to be an all star player. I think we saw glimpses of this as his rookie year went along, and that was with him being incredibly raw and with some deficiencies in his game. If he can get healthy the sky is the limit for him imo
I know it’s been such a long time ago but beyond the rookie season, in Bagley’s last game at Miami he outplayed Bam Adebayo when Sac put him at Center. A strong double double AND he actually was solid on D.
I don’t know if he’s ever going to be this positionless guy that Walton speaks of but they believe it.

im still of the opinion that When the Kings become relevant in the playoffs, Fox and Bagley will be leading them.

I know it’s been such a long time ago but beyond the rookie season, in Bagley’s last game at Miami he outplayed Bam Adebayo when Sac put him at Center. A strong double double AND he actually was solid on D.
I don’t know if he’s ever going to be this positionless guy that Walton speaks of but they believe it.

im still of the opinion that When the Kings become relevant in the playoffs, Fox and Bagley will be leading them.
For Bagley to be part of that leadership I belive he’ll need to be a center as well, we’d be ****ed vs Jokic/Embiid but there few of those guys. Also Bagley playing center means he doesn’t need a 3 point shot which I’m against him trying to develop. At center he’d just need to be a solid mid range shooter and he’d be fine. We need to go Bagley at center with Barnes at PF and find a way to get a 3D wing thats between 6’7 - 6’9.

I don’t know why you think I want him to fail at the end of the day I’m a Kings fan I’m over the whole Luka thing. It’s nothing against Bagley hell I still wish we drafted Trae Young and traded Fox for Porzingis. Does that make me a Fox hater, no he’s one of my favorite Kings. All I’m saying is I don’t see this phantom sky’s the limit all star you are seeing. When he went on his little run he was good than the overreacting and pegging him as a 20/10 guy cause of his PER36 numbers which is a stupid stat. Most of his scoring was rim running and catching lobs with a little sprinkle of his own creations. This was with teams game planning for Fox/Hield/Barnes/Bogi before they even worried about Bagley.
never said you wanted him to fail. I said you had and have already deemed him a failure.
on that note I think we’ve reached an impasse :)

He landed on someone's foot getting a rebound. It's not like he was running in a straight line in a drill and collapsed. Come on people, get a grip. It's a sprain, not a broken bone or ACL or something.

The timing sucks, but I'm still going to be semi-shocked if they actually play any games.

This isn't directed at you, Hoovtrain. Just a convenient post to reply to on this. ;)
Some people can roll their ankles and be fine in a week. Some people can land on people's feet and come back next game. Some people can land on people's feet and show up in a walking boot over and over. It's not an ACL tear, but a sprain is an incomplete tear. It's not yes or no. There are grades and honestly a broken bone is better than continued ligament damage, which this is.

The veracity with which he collects injuries is telling. It's not just bad luck. He's not durable and we have not heard any of his training address his lower body issues.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Some people can roll their ankles and be fine in a week. Some people can land on people's feet and come back next game. Some people can land on people's feet and show up in a walking boot over and over. It's not an ACL tear, but a sprain is an incomplete tear. It's not yes or no. There are grades and honestly a broken bone is better than continued ligament damage, which this is.

The veracity with which he collects injuries is telling. It's not just bad luck. He's not durable and we have not heard any of his training address his lower body issues.
In all honesty, you can step on someone's toes and slightly roll and ankle. Or you can land higher on their foot and really tweak it as you come down. Just saying that "some can be fine in a week" means absolutely nothing unless you are comparing identical injuries.

This isn't the same foot he injured previously - that injury was a little more worrisome to me but let's see how it holds up long term.

He also fractured a thumb, which is another "random" injury (like his current one) and is not (to me) an indication of being "fragile".

Have his injuries been frustrating? Heck yes, and more to him than anyone else.

I just don't put a lot of stock in reading tea leaves or extrapolating a couple of random injuries into a definitive statement on his future as a player.

Like I said, the biggest issue is his lack of playing time and experience. He was raw to begin with, and whether the potential talent is there or not it's not getting cultivated without him playing meaningful minutes. He's still young, but the inexperience is going to show, all the more so on an overall inexperienced team. Just think about it - you'd ideally have by now two full years of running the team's offense, figuring out everyone fits together. With the coaching change and Fox/Bagley injuries, we would start next season essentially still figuring out how the offense fits together, and that's assuming Fox and Bagley don't get injured again.

Get Marv drinking a gallon of milk a day and we are good!!!! lol On a serious note I for one was convinced Marv was the right pick and Luka would have a low ceiling. Holy crap was i wrong and that sucks. Hopefully Marv can finally show he can be a solid contributor that translates to winning next year.