Bagley gets MRI... Again. (He’s OUT)

It would appear having a bunch of guys sit around indoors for four months then hurriedly try to get them back into shape in time to play two weeks of games in a shortened bid to end the NBA season with a champion all in the midst of a global pandemic with an ever-increasing death toll wasn’t necessarily conducive to player health.
What other team is having these injuries? Fox/Bagley are always hurt and Bagley is made of glass

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What other team is having these injuries? Fox/Bagley are always hurt and Bagley is made of glass
The thing is that a lot of the injury risk guys for other squads just opted to sit out the entire Orlando experience or are coming out of injuries and rehabbing more than actually participating in practice (Dipo). Also going to challenge your Fox is always hurt notion as he only missed one game the entirety of last season and this current injury appears to be a re-aggrivation of a bad ankle sprain that he came back from too quickly last time around as opposed to a completely different injury from the one early in the season like Bagley who has suffered two feet injuries and and a broken thumb this season alone.

The injury bug situation has been horrible for the Kings all season. Really, it just comes down to us all being fool enough to believe it wouldn't be come July.

But at the same time, it's ultimate peak #KANGZ when Giles goes for 15-10-5 in the 8 games and he walks this summer and Kings fans will try to justify it somehow.

I'm super interested if we see some Giles-Holmes lineups. Lacks a bit of spacing, but with Giles passing and his decent mid-range, I think it could still work. Think it'd be excellent defensively as well.

Not only do the KINGS rarely select the right player in the draft, they tend to select the most brittle of the bunch.
Bagley can’t seem to run from here to there w/o spraining, pulling, or breaking something.

But at the same time, it's ultimate peak #KANGZ when Giles goes for 15-10-5 in the 8 games and he walks this summer and Kings fans will try to justify it somehow.

I'm super interested if we see some Giles-Holmes lineups. Lacks a bit of spacing, but with Giles passing and his decent mid-range, I think it could still work. Think it'd be excellent defensively as well.
Yes, because we're the Kings and we can't have nice things, we're going to get FIBA Bogi and High School Harry just in time to for them to receive massive contract offers in free agency.

They'll give us a hometown discount in order to defend the 2020 title, though ;)

And keeping Giles was such a basic move. I can believe it possible a scenario where they didn't pick Luka, but how did they manage to eff up something as basic as rookie-scale contract options?

Like my brain can't comprehend how this was a thing that happened.

Last edited:
I feel like Giles was always going to be a weird Schrödinger's cat type situation for us, where our decision sealed his fate one way or the other. Had we signed him, his knees would have instantly exploded, now that we didn’t, he’ll be an all-star for someone else. At least this version is a lose/win rather than a lose/lose.

Or maybe I’m just jaded lately.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Seriously, if this dude is able to bolt it will be my final straw. I’d never be able to quit this place, but the team? My lord, the team could go kick rocks.
it’s a great opportunity for Giles to be scouted by every team in the league. I’m just going to be sick when he goes and turns in to a Jokic type player for someone else. It might be the end for me also.
Maybe you guys could just start your own little thread about this so it doesn't derail ever single thread going forward?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
lol exactly. So irritating . There should be some update, but of course this staff is so vague and there is absolutely zero transparency
This is from the article about COVID, but it also might apply here

Due to HIPAA rules, the team is not allowed to release medical information on players. The Kings can't even divulge whether Barnes is asymptomatic or not.
It seems they're tightening up quite a bit on what they can/do release.

And keeping Giles was such a basic move. I can believe it possible a scenario where they didn't pick Luka, but how did they manage to eff up something as basic as rookie-scale contract options?

Like my brain can't comprehend how this was a thing that happened.
This after hyping him, hell even if he was a scrub you’d have to be a next level scrub for a team to decline your rookie option.

IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN 10 HOURS YET
I can promise you this falls under the urgent category. Which means the radiologist will have read the results immediately and sent the Dr the results and his interpretation Of the scan. Not to mention this is a pattern of behavior with this new staff that I mentioned above....no transparency and when they do give any information it’s generally pretty vague. We went through the same thing with the last Bagley foot injury. I still don’t think they ever gave an explanation of the actual injury.

My friend had forged a friendship with Youngman. He tweeted this after it was revealed the MRI was Sunday, but no explanation of the MRI even today Youngman immediately liked the tweet .

59F04725-7F9F-4BD4-9FA9-F88469F0A850.jpeg 66127896-D8C8-41F8-821A-37B9775BA83C.jpeg