At least we always have the moral high ground! (2022-2023 L2M Report Thread)

Beat teams by 20 or 30 points if you have to. Every game goes to the wire. So far we can't win most of those. And play better defense. The Warriors swarmed us on D at the end of the game. That is why they won.
lmao. Yeah dude, we've been a bad team for 16 years, let's just start blowing teams out by 20-30. That easy!

A big reason why the ref margins matter so much, and have mattered so much this year. We're a historically bad team that's doing it's best to claw it's way out and even be considered average. That's tough to do when the refs are handing Steph Curry 5 free points and taking away 3 FTA from us. That's tough to do when Tyler Herro gets to travel to hit a game-winner. We can talk about everything that led to that point, but you can't take away from the fact that those were stolen opportunities from a team that's probably not good enough to overcome those bad calls.

Beat teams by 20 or 30 points if you have to. Every game goes to the wire. So far we can't win most of those. And play better defense. The Warriors swarmed us on D at the end of the game. That is why they won.
This is the NBA and no team does this regularly. Be realistic. These games come down to ambivalent officiating. Stop being obtuse.

The Warriors got away with playing aggressive defense to the point of FOULING. The Kings don't get away with the same.

You're funny.

The aggressive team gets the calls. They used to talk about this for awhile when Joerger was here. Sometimes we got the calls when he was here.

This is the NBA and no team does this regularly. Be realistic. These games come down to ambivalent officiating. Stop being obtuse.

The Warriors got away with playing aggressive defense to the point of FOULING. The Kings don't get away with the same.

You're funny.

There were times during which I thought I would, too, be one of those who are not still roaming around. But I eventually asked myself one simple question...

"Well, I've been here for this long to begin with...What exactly do I gain by leaving NOW? And will that gain be greater than what the gain will be once we finally figure this thing out, and turn the ship back around?"

That simple question sealed my fate for eternity. I will be a Kings fan until the day I die. And maybe even beyond.
Sunk cost fallacy.

There is already 2 games now that the NBA has gotten bad press for screwing over the Kings now. Coach Brown has called the refs out publicly too.

At some point, you have to figure the NBA has got to pull these refs aside before Kings games and tell them don’t F’ this up again or the national media is going to roast the NBA for fixing the outcomes of games. That’s bad PR that no league wants and can burn down a league fast.

Guys like Huerter and Mike Brown just got here and they can see this biased crap already. It's obvious. How anyone can sit in here and try and rationalize it is beyond me. It's cheating in my eyes

We will rightly look back to the Miami/Golden State games and think about our record. But I wonder if we might also look back to those games as a turning point for this team that created a bit more of a dog mentality that happened at just the right time.
Years past and this team probably starts giving up after the GS game but they turned it up instead.

I think the league was also put on notice because the officiating has been much better since then.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Ha ha.

Since for every disadvantaged team there is a corresponding advantaged team, the league-wide probability of being disadvantaged in a given L2M incident is 50%. The probability of randomly drawing 14+ "disadvantages" in 17 draws from a 50/50 distribution is 1.3%. So it's either the one year in 78 that we could be expected to have such bad luck by chance, or the refs are screwing us.

Are there any conspiracy theories why the refs would screw the kings? I mean I'm sure they aren't just doing it for fun? Betting scandals again maybe? Is it Tim Donaughy all over again? Wasn't it proven that he and one of the other refs were fixing games?