At least we always have the moral high ground! (2022-2023 L2M Report Thread)

Well - on this one - Kings got the ball back and Fox hit a 3. So, I will keep my complaints muted.

The things that bug me to no end are the repeated illegal screens on O / off-ball holding on D by Draymond and Looney camping under the basket on D with no defensive 3 second call.

But with Fox breaking his finger - I’m more resigned than anything. The lasting effects of this series is that I now realize how annoying the new breed of Warriors fans are - and am a “hell no” to Draymond joining the Kings next year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
So far, I’d say the home teams have gotten the better whistle. The big question is will this trend continue or will the league let the Dubs get the whistle. The illegal screen by Green is bad, Poole back to carrying the ball, Domas can’t even get to the foul line, etc

So far, I’d say the home teams have gotten the better whistle. The big question is will this trend continue or will the league let the Dubs get the whistle. The illegal screen by Green is bad, Poole back to carrying the ball, Domas can’t even get to the foul line, etc
lakers up 3-1 was bad for us silver is salivating at a gsw-la matchups and refs will act accordingly

dude12

Hall of Famer
lakers up 3-1 was bad for us silver is salivating at a gsw-la matchups and refs will act accordingly
It will become apparent as they call game 5. Does Domas get calls or not?
By the way, I saw a tidbit that the game 4 was the most highly watched round 1 game since forever…..maybe ever. No doubt in my mind that this series, Silver wants it to go 7 games for the money involved.
Kings win game 5
Dubs win game 6
Wouldn’t surprise me to see every foul call go against us in a game 7 so Silver can have his Curry Lebron matchup

It will become apparent as they call game 5. Does Domas get calls or not?
By the way, I saw a tidbit that the game 4 was the most highly watched round 1 game since forever…..maybe ever. No doubt in my mind that this series, Silver wants it to go 7 games for the money involved.
Kings win game 5
Dubs win game 6
Wouldn’t surprise me to see every foul call go against us in a game 7 so Silver can have his Curry Lebron matchup
Or he can have the 2002 WCF rematch! And a chance to right the wrongs of the past!

The refs missed an obvious double-dribble by none other than Steph Curry with 22.1 seconds left. Take away the resultant points, and the Kings would have had the ball, down five. I think it was on that play that I said to my wife, "He's carrying the ball!"

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article274805211.html
They also gifted the Warriors 4 points. Two on that obvious out of bounds ball off Looney's hands and two on that botched jump ball whistle. Take those two plays and Curry's lucky banked 3 and the game looks different in the final seconds.

They also gifted the Warriors 4 points. Two on that obvious out of bounds ball off Looney's hands and two on that botched jump ball whistle. Take those two plays and Curry's lucky banked 3 and the game looks different in the final seconds.
Everyone of these games has come down to a few points. So many little thing throughout the games and this series looks totally different.

The Refs have completely changed the way the Kings are "Allowed" to play defense. Sabonis is also not "allowed" to play his normal style in the paint since the Refs "allow" the W's to play "Playoff" basketball. Arm slapping, body bumping, karate chops, punches, moving screens.......all being allowed for the W's to dislodge the ball. The Kings get called for a foul if they are anywhere near Curry when he goes to the hoop. Meanwhile Sabonis is clobbered on damn near every play.

Its like watching the Old Lakers vs. Kings games of the past......Bibby fouled Kobe on the elbow with his face.......will it ever end?

It pretty embarrassing for the NBA to be honest. Theres no excuse expect poor refs or nba fixing, and I can believe its all the refs incompetence and bias. Things dont get called equally. I dont even know why there would be foul disparities more than like +/- 4, anything more than that is suspicious in my book.

I honestly wish I didn't care about the kings and basketball becuase the NBA is a bad product.

It pretty embarrassing for the NBA to be honest. Theres no excuse expect poor refs or nba fixing, and I can believe its all the refs incompetence and bias. Things dont get called equally. I dont even know why there would be foul disparities more than like +/- 4, anything more than that is suspicious in my book.

I honestly wish I didn't care about the kings and basketball becuase the NBA is a bad product.
Often it is what the Ref's DO NOT call that is the big difference. The box score can look fine, but the game can still be called in a way to favor one team.

Often it is what the Ref's DO NOT call that is the big difference. The box score can look fine, but the game can still be called in a way to favor one team.
Oh they do their best to hide it. But when Murray gets called for a block because he's sliding a foot and then Dray gets a charge for almost the exact play, when I'm pretty sure both were even reviewed... that's not anywhere close to an acceptable mistake from the NBAs "best" refs.

I’ve noticed a big difference when it comes to the amount of grabbing/physicality being allowed off the ball this series when our shooters are working to get open.

I’ve noticed a big difference when it comes to the amount of grabbing/physicality being allowed off the ball this series when our shooters are working to get open.
To be fair, I think the kings are getting away with a fair amount of physicality and grabbing when Curry (and the other Warriors shooters) are off ball. I think the main difference is the refs giving the warriors a bit more of the calls when it comes to on ball body contact with Curry and Poole. Outside of a few random stretches where Monk and Fox have gotten a lot of whistles, it doesn't feel like we're getting that call in most instances.

I know it's easy to point out certain calls that have gone the wrong way, add up the lost points and conclude we should have won, but on average I really don't think the refs have determined this series.

To be fair, I think the kings are getting away with a fair amount of physicality and grabbing when Curry (and the other Warriors shooters) are off ball. I think the main difference is the refs giving the warriors a bit more of the calls when it comes to on ball body contact with Curry and Poole. Outside of a few random stretches where Monk and Fox have gotten a lot of whistles, it doesn't feel like we're getting that call in most instances.

I know it's easy to point out certain calls that have gone the wrong way, add up the lost points and conclude we should have won, but on average I really don't think the refs have determined this series.
I agree. Don’t think the refs have kept us from winning. I just want it to be consistent at both ends regardless of the name on the front (or back) of the jersey.

My buddy is a casual fan.He is watching Kings in the playoffs because he is Lithuanian but did not watch the regular season .He said the same thing to me "how can you be so invested in a product that is so infuriatingly unfair because of the horrendous reffing"

My buddy is a casual fan.He is watching Kings in the playoffs because he is Lithuanian but did not watch the regular season .He said the same thing to me "how can you be so invested in a product that is so infuriatingly unfair because of the horrendous reffing"
We really need to move on from the officiating stuff. Honestly, the series has been officiated fine. Yes, there have been missed calls just like every game in the history of basketball but it hasn't been a travesty like it was 20 years ago. If you look at the Warriors fan boards, they are all whining about it too. It's seriously just boring to blame the referees for everything, especially when there really hasn't been much to talk about in that department this series. Hell, the NBA even had the courage to suspend idiot Draymond for a game when we all expected them not to.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
We really need to move on from the officiating stuff. Honestly, the series has been officiated fine. Yes, there have been missed calls just like every game in the history of basketball but it hasn't been a travesty like it was 20 years ago. If you look at the Warriors fan boards, they are all whining about it too. It's seriously just boring to blame the referees for everything, especially when there really hasn't been much to talk about in that department this series. Hell, the NBA even had the courage to suspend idiot Draymond for a game when we all expected them not to.
Disagree. Certain players are not getting the calls they deserve, and repeatedly. Domas is getting abused with legit fouls and they won't call them. Green should be kicked out of every game with his antics, obvious dirty fouls, and yelling at the refs. Curry gets breathed on hard and he gets a whistle. Most of the other stuff isn't too bad either way, but when there is an obvious bias vs. certain players I'm certainly not going to stop being mad about it.

I don’t think officials decided any of the games but I did think last night was the worst showing for them of the series so far.

How does a star player get elbowed in the face 2 ft in front of an official—giving him a black eye immediately—and no whistle was blown?

There is 0 chance of something like that happening to Curry, Klay or Wiggins and no whistle being blown.
Same thing with Fox getting quick T’s but draymond screaming at officials for 5+ minutes and nothing.

Again, I don’t think officials have decided any of the games (which is how it should be) but I can certainly see why people would be frustrated after last night.

My point is there are always going to be plays but I haven't seen anything where you start wondering if there is an agenda behind it all. It's really just been pretty much a non topic IMO. There were a couple of plays the Kings got away with fouls too.

I don’t think officials decided any of the games but I did think last night was the worst showing for them of the series so far.

How does a star player get elbowed in the face 2 ft in front of an official—giving him a black eye immediately—and no whistle was blown?

There is 0 chance of something like that happening to Curry, Klay or Wiggins and no whistle being blown.
Same thing with Fox getting quick T’s but draymond screaming at officials for 5+ minutes and nothing.

Again, I don’t think officials have decided any of the games (which is how it should be) but I can certainly see why people would be frustrated after last night.
Oh yeah, can someone explain to me how Green can berate refs all game long after every call that goes against the Warriors and never get a T, but Fox is getting T'up immediately.

I bet it would be pretty hard to find a league, or a college or high school or even a rec league game where a guy can get elbowed in a face really really hard on a jump ball and nothing is called
So, you think three guys, who are heavily graded/critiqued after each game saw that play and made a conscious decision to no call it because they don't like the Kings/Sabonis or because they favor the Warriors?

So, you think three guys, who are heavily graded/critiqued after each game saw that play and made a conscious decision to no call it because they don't like the Kings/Sabonis or because they favor the Warriors?
You tell me...How is it possible for 3 refs to miss that on a play where there's really nothing else to look at?
And I would love to hear your take on very quick t's on Fox and then being absolute fine while Green is screaming like a mad man after literally every call against him.