Artest interview on News10

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1) Larry Brown is to blame in New York. He's an ***. They had a better team this year than last, but were completely torn apart by their coach and won 10 LESS games. They were not going to be good, but Coach Joe Average would have won 30-35 at least. If his New York coaching job was the only time Larry had coached in the NBA, he would never get a second chance. EVER.

2) Larry's ego may have swelled to incalcuable dimesnsions since then, but he coached the Pacers in the mid-90's, so Sacto being too small for him is no guarantee. When you switch jobs every 3 months guess you run out of big cities to haunt pretty quickly and have to take what you can get.

P.S. Yes I am ignoring the "we were much better than San Antonio stuff". Not because its not asinine, but because of the Artest rules. besides, wouldn't do to chant "scoreboard" to ouor own player. ;)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Team Dime said:
I said it depends on how much the Maloofs want to win. Don't give me the poor argument. Do you have any idea how much $ they actually have? They obviously cared enough to force the Peja for Artest trade. Think of all the excess $ they'd get from all the extra Conference Final and NBA Finals games. That's also increased merchandise and more public support for the arena.
The Kings are a business. No matter how much the Maloofs make in their other businesses, they aren't going to take those profits and dump $$$ into the Kings for no good reason. And paying an arm and a leg for Brown would be no good reason. He couldn't even improve the Knicks over last year.

The Artest trade actually saves us $$$ by not having to try to re-sign Peja at a higher price this summer, or do a sign and trade, because we sure weren't going to let him walk. Artest is "cheap" for 2 more years. Don't forget the reason we traded Skinner was to save on the luxury tax. These guys watch every $$$ and spend where they need to. They are NOT going to sign a guy like Brown that they may have to pay $40 mil or so to get rid of in a year (like New York) if things go bad.

Petrie said the Kings are NOT interested in Brown. Period. Now are you also forgetting that the Maloofs said that EVERY decision made is unanimous with Petrie and the Maloofs. That means the Maloofs don't want him either....

Bricklayer said:
1) Larry Brown is to blame in New York. He's an ***. They had a better team this year than last, but were completely torn apart by their coach and won 10 LESS games. They were not going to be good, but Coach Joe Average would have won 30-35 at least. If his New York coaching job was the only time Larry had coached in the NBA, he would never get a second chance. EVER.

2) Larry's ego may have swelled to incalcuable dimesnsions since then, but he coached the Pacers in the mid-90's, so Sacto being too small for him is no guarantee. When you switch jobs every 3 months guess you run out of big cities to haunt pretty quickly and have to take what you can get.

P.S. Yes I am ignoring the "we were much better than San Antonio stuff". Not because its not asinine, but because of the Artest rules. besides, wouldn't do to chant "scoreboard" to ouor own player. ;)

The Knicks are a mess and will continue to be the joke of the league for years to come as long as Isiah is there. Just look at the ridiculous moves he's made. Why trade Nazr Mohammed (one of their few big men) for the PF Malik Rose? Why do they need another shoot-first guard in Francis? The guy is a complete idiot as an NBA executive.

Marbury has been a cancer on every team he's ever been on in the NBA.

It doesn't make much sense to completely ignore those 2 major factors while placing all the blame squarely on the shoulders of Brown.

Beautiful words from out dude. MAn!!!! he wants to win so bad!!!! I love it. He wants to retire here... and the best part is i think he will be able to bring in other great players to win here as well.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Team Dime said:
The Knicks are a mess and will continue to be the joke of the league for years to come as long as Isiah is there. Just look at the ridiculous moves he's made. Why trade Nazr Mohammed (one of their few big men) for the PF Malik Rose? Why do they need another shoot-first guard in Francis? The guy is a complete idiot as an NBA executive.

Marbury has been a cancer on every team he's ever been on in the NBA.

It doesn't make much sense to completely ignore those 2 major factors while placing all the blame squarely on the shoulders of Brown.

Um..yes it does. Zeke was here last year. So was Malik Rose for that matter. So was Marbury. And they won a lot MORE. Were merely a bad NBA team. The guy who took that bad NBA team and turned them into a joke was Larry Brown. And that's with one of the best rooks in the league last year added to the roster, and a new center brought in. And they got 10 games WORSE, and quit looking remotely like a team. There was not a SHRED of doubt that the team colelctively said bleep you to Larry and tuned him out after he continually ****ed with them, jerked them around, whined about them, trashed them in the media, and generally did as compeltely pathetic a job of coaching as I have seen.