Are we going to see another of MICHAEL JORDAN'S comeback???

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9735577.htm
Sources: O'Neal does not want Jordan to play with the Heat

Michael Jordan, 41, has renewed his workouts, which fueled rumors he might unretire to join Miami.

[size=-1]BY BARRY JACKSON AND ISRAEL GUTIERREZ[/size]

[size=-1]bjackson@herald.com[/size]

Apparently, one of the NBA's all-time greatest players is enough for the Miami Heat.

Shaquille O'Neal has told Heat teammates that NBA legend Michael Jordan wants to play for Miami this season, and went so far as to ask a few Heat players whether it would be a good idea, two sources with knowledge of the situation said.

O'Neal told teammates that Jordan has left him several messages, and O'Neal was convinced Jordan wants to play for the Heat this year. O'Neal told teammates he was not interested in having Jordan join the Heat, and others agreed, the sources said. O'Neal even asked whether one of the players should go to management and express the desire not to add Jordan, one of the sources said.

Regardless, it appears unlikely that the five-time MVP will come out of retirement to join Miami at age 41. When the Jordan-to-Miami rumors originally surfaced in July, Heat president Pat Riley dismissed them, uninterested in adding a player Jordan's age.

Rumors of a Jordan comeback have resurfaced in recent weeks because he has been working out vigorously with other NBA players in Chicago, and a Denver Post story Wednesday said Nuggets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe has acknowledged the rumor. The story, however, was about a possible Dennis Rodman comeback, with only a brief mention of Jordan. Jordan has not played since averaging 20 points and 6.1 rebounds for the Washington Wizards in the 2002-03 season and has since been adamant that his playing days are finished.

Last week, Heat general manager Randy Pfund said he spoke with Jordan's trainer, Tim Grover, and Grover gave no indication Jordan was mulling a comeback. During a trip to Asia in May, Jordan repeatedly said there was no chance he would make another comeback. He also has denied comeback rumors recently.

Jordan was spotted on South Beach in July, before the O'Neal trade, which led to rumors of a comeback.

The Heat does need help at small forward, with Rasual Butler, Wesley Person and Eddie Jones being the leading candidates to start at that position when the season begins. Jordan spent much of his time with the Wizards playing small forward, but the Heat doesn't seem prepared to turn to Jordan for help.

Jordan wants to be a part-owner of a team and has frequently been linked to the Heat.

Last edited:
Nope we aren't. :p

MJ quashes mounting rumors
ESPN.com news services

Recent speculation about Michael Jordan returning to the NBA for a third time seems to have taken a life of its own -- to the point where Jordan himself felt the need to set the record straight.

Jordan spoke with Michael Wilbon, co-host of ESPN's Pardon The Interruption, on Thursday and denied he was coming back to play in the NBA and that he has talked to Shaquille O'Neal about playing for the Miami Heat.

"I don't know how this started. I haven't talked with Shaq. There's no comeback," Jordan told Wilbon.

ESPN Insider Chad Ford reported on Sept. 1 that Jordan appeared at Hoops Gym in Chicago the previous week looking for a pick-up game.

Jordan was just coming off his camp in Santa Barbara, Calif., where he played against some of the top college players in the country, including Chris Paul, Mustafa Shakur, Rashad McCants, Jarrett Jack and Joey Graham.

There have been rumors for weeks that Jordan is contemplating a comeback -- possibly with the Heat. According to those same sources, the rumors aren't true. "He's 41 years old. If he wanted to play, he probably still could," a source told Ford. "I would never say never with Michael, but that's not why he's here. He just wanted to get some exercise and some good runs. I don't think you'll see Michael playing in the NBA again."

doone said:
Nope we aren't. :p
Good!

I saw the newest episode of ''My Wife and Kids" and during the credits they showed Jordan and Damon Wayans playing 1 on 1. Jordan won, but Damon Wayans was able to knock the ball away for a near steal. Stay retired MJ!!

oh.. and nice to see you come outta that plus 1 thread doone :p

You never know with someone like Jordan. If he comes back, he should still be better than quite a few people around in the NBA. I guess O'Neal wouldn't want someone like Kobe around him again ;) or someone who might call the team HIS TEAM instead to Shaq's team.

bibbyweb said:
You never know with someone like Jordan. If he comes back, he should still be better than quite a few people around in the NBA. I guess O'Neal wouldn't want someone like Kobe around him again ;) or someone who might call the team HIS TEAM instead to Shaq's team.
Yeah, dont know how the two would co-exist

i really dont know

but i think he can still play ... around 20-25 minutes ... better and more productive than many others in this league

i mean come on ... this is MJ

LjuboDaMan said:
i really dont know

but i think he can still play ... around 20-25 minutes ... better and more productive than many others in this league

Right. The MJ of today is nowhere near the MJ of yesterday. It would be embarrasing for MJ to try to come back..... but since its hogwash we dont have to worry about it.

I think this is all just talk..... The fact that the guy has been seen playing in Chicago...wooooo..... big deal. i think he is attached to the game of basketball and I can just see him going and hanging out with the Bulls because he is bored..... but for people to assume right away he is doing this because he is preparing to return.... Not too sure about that one. Could be just wishfull thinking for many of them.... However, if this was EVER to happen and he joins Miami, we can maybe strat bets on how long it will be before the first fallout between him and Shaq.

slugking50 said:
Right. The MJ of today is nowhere near the MJ of yesterday. It would be embarrasing for MJ to try to come back..... but since its hogwash we dont have to worry about it.
I dont know man

You cant lose skills over night. Mj is Mj (and the fact that he always practices)
When he came back, and played for the wizards, many thought he would play like crap ... but he still had 20 points per game, on a bad team

either way ... i dont really care ... he wouldnt be so amazing anyway (age is big factor) but he could play , i think

Mad D said:
oh.. and nice to see you come outta that plus 1 thread doone :p
Hehehe :p I'm surprised I'm even posting in that thread too. I figured I'd only have enough interest to post during the season. The offseason is SO BORING! :(:mad: How much longer till it ends?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
doone said:
Hehehe :p I'm surprised I'm even posting in that thread too. I figured I'd only have enough interest to post during the season. The offseason is SO BORING! :(:mad: How much longer till it ends?
Let's put it this way:

If you keep posting at your current rate, you will have passed 300 posts by the time the Kings play their first season game on Nov. 2...

LjuboDaMan said:
i really dont know

I totally agree with you. MJ, if he comes back will still be better than many of the players in the league. And he can definitely put in pretty good minutes. Also any team he will be playing on will definitely be benefited from his experience.