Arco game report

Arco game report

Przybilla's elbow the tonic for Thomas

By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Monday, April 11, 2005

When Kenny Thomas was agonizing on the Rose Garden floor in Portland on Friday night, he half expected his eyeball to come rolling out.

Then he wondered how he would ever be able to shoot straight again. Like any banger, the Kings' energized forward has absorbed some shots in his day, though the elbow he took from Joel Przybilla laid him out. Not that you could tell Sunday afternoon. Thomas had a career-high 32 points, meaning he could see the basket just fine.

"I got nauseated when I got hit, and it was hard to stand at first," Thomas said. "But I felt great today."

Now Thomas eyes a Tuesday charity bowling event that includes Kings players, saying, "Oh, I'm going to win that."

Belted on boards

Without leading rebounders Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm, the Lakers were butchered 62-32 on the boards. Caron Butler and Brian Grant each had five rebounds to lead the Lakers."They're so small," Thomas said. "We just went after it."

Surprisingly, the Kings are only 5-5 when pulling in 50 or more boards in a game.

About that Divac attire

If Vlade Divac becomes a front-office suit for the Kings after his Lakers playing days, the general consensus is he'll have to work on getting some better duds.

Divac is a lot of things, but he's hardly the fashion expert.

"Vlade's going to try to become the first coach or front-office guy who works only in sweats or jeans," Kings forward Peja Stojakovic said.

Said Kings director of player personnel Jerry Reynolds: "I think we'll have Pete Carril work with Vlade on that wardrobe."

From Kings GM Geoff Petrie: "As long as it's not Jerry giving Vlade advice on (fashion), I'm OK with it."

Et cetera

Kings swingman Maurice Evans missed 8 of 10 shots, including two blown dunks and two airballs.

* Kobe Bryant on whether the Kings-Lakers series still constitutes a rivalry: ''No, it's completely different now. It's not much of a rivalry."

* Lakers coach Frank Hamblen had a curious thing to say about the Kings: "They're certainly missing Chris Webber, who's a

double-double guy."

* Best sign of the day: ''My mom's a Lakers fan, but I love her anyway."

King for the day

KENNY THOMAS

He was never better, scoring a career-high 32 points, grabbing a game-high 14 rebounds and putting on a show on a regionally televised ABC game and in front of his 5-year-old son, Matthew.

Big number

Kings rebounds, a season high and the most the Lakers allowed this season.

Question posed

WITH THE STRETCH RUN HERE, WHO WILL MAKE THE KINGS' PLAYOFF ROSTER?

Coach Rick Adelman will play as many men as he can in the final regular-season games while trying to keep his core players rested, yet in sync. Twelve players make the playoff roster, and with the expected return of Bobby Jackson and Brad Miller from injuries, those on the bubble appear to be Erik Daniels, Greg Ostertag and Kevin Martin. Centers are needed in the playoffs, and Ostertag has a ton of playoff experience, so where does that leave rookies Daniels and Martin?

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/12708995p-13561384c.html

EmKingsFan4 said:
Arco game report

About that Divac attire

"Vlade's going to try to become the first coach or front-office guy who works only in sweats or jeans," Kings forward Peja Stojakovic said.

Said Kings director of player personnel Jerry Reynolds: "I think we'll have Pete Carril work with Vlade on that wardrobe."

From Kings GM Geoff Petrie: "As long as it's not Jerry giving Vlade advice on (fashion), I'm OK with it."
lol.
. Gotta love Vlade!

EmKingsFan4 said:
Arco game report

* Lakers coach Frank Hamblen had a curious thing to say about the Kings: "They're certainly missing Chris Webber, who's a

double-double guy."
Nothing but love and respect for Webber, but I think we're adjusting well enough without him. Maybe Hamblem just got tired of criticizing his own team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
About that Divac attire

If Vlade Divac becomes a front-office suit for the Kings after his Lakers playing days, the general consensus is he'll have to work on getting some better duds.

Divac is a lot of things, but he's hardly the fashion expert.

Sure sounds like the current suits are interested in bringing Vlade back...

I knew we were gonna dominate the boards...but not by the kind of margin in which we did...I mean who do they have to rebound the ball with both Odom and Mihm out...absolutely nobody..Odom and Mihm are the best rebounding frontline in the NBA (litterally)..without BOTH of those guys it was gonna be tough

As for Mo missing all but two shots...when i went back and watched the game last night he looked sick or something...he just didn't look like his normal self...:shrugs:

Vlade coming back to the Kings in almost any fashion would be lovely...as for his actual fashion...we should get Bobby to work with him on that since he is the best dressed guy on the Kings...and/or Coachie I'm sure could give some pointers :)

EmKingsFan4 said:
Arco game report
WITH THE STRETCH RUN HERE, WHO WILL MAKE THE KINGS' PLAYOFF ROSTER?

Coach Rick Adelman will play as many men as he can in the final regular-season games while trying to keep his core players rested, yet in sync. Twelve players make the playoff roster, and with the expected return of Bobby Jackson and Brad Miller from injuries, those on the bubble appear to be Erik Daniels, Greg Ostertag and Kevin Martin. Centers are needed in the playoffs, and Ostertag has a ton of playoff experience, so where does that leave rookies Daniels and Martin?

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/12708995p-13561384c.html
I don't see much of a question there. It's Daniels of course. Martin was our 1st rounder and has a lot of potential. He could use the experience (though he is not likely to play much). O-tag still has his uses, if he could ever get more than 5 minutes of PT.

TheRaven said:
I don't see much of a question there. It's Daniels of course. Martin was our 1st rounder and has a lot of potential. He could use the experience (though he is not likely to play much). O-tag still has his uses, if he could ever get more than 5 minutes of PT.
We're choosing who to keep in, not who to leave out. It's clear Daniels ain't gonna make it, the real question is Kevin or Greg. Kevin gave us his best game of the season yesterday, but Adelman's giving both of the 12 guys a chance to prove themself.

ae77 said:
There is a charity bowling tomorrow? So who won last year?
Webb won last year. I believe he had a 210 but don't quote me on that.

* Best sign of the day: ''My mom's a Lakers fan, but I love her anyway."
I wonder... Was I the only only who thought that hoopsfans kids might have made that sign?:p