Another Triple Double by Webber!!

Ppeople might have forgotten but, man, was he HUGE!!

CWebb has 4 triple doubles this season now. 3 out of the last 5 games!!

Today he had:

14 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 assists!! Go WEBBER!!

EDIT: For the record, Webber had 14 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats cwebb!

the only thing that i don't like about his statline is 14 pts on 23 shots.. but i wasn't able to watch the game so i can't judge.. i'm guessing theyb were open jumpers but they just weren't falling for him..

great game,though! 17 rebs and 12 assists! and more importantly, we won!

go webb! go kings!! :D

dang! webber is racking up on those triple doubles really fast...next thing you know he'll be getting quadruple doubles..which is totally possible w/ webber the way he's playing.

The one things that bugs the life out of me is when our commentators and even some of us fans say that Chris Webber should get his big butt in the post 48 mins. a night. THAT IS NOT HIS GAME!!! THAT IS NOT THE KINGS GAME. When you run a high post offense that is exactly what it is high post. It just so happen that Webb is our best high post and best low post player. If Adelman wanted him in the paint 48 a night, he would have him down there. Don't you think???

Brewer16 said:
Sleeper MVP candidate?

I think so
As much as I would love it ... not gonna happen. He's had some great games. He's had some awful games. His numbers are as good as they've been in the past where he's never won it, but they aren't better (That, by the way, is an incredible accomplishment post-surgery).

LMM said:
congrats cwebb!

the only thing that i don't like about his statline is 14 pts on 23 shots.. but i wasn't able to watch the game so i can't judge.. i'm guessing theyb were open jumpers but they just weren't falling for him..

A lot of the misses were jumpers, but to start the 3rd he couldn't buy a layup either. Must have missed 3 or 4. I was happy to see him fight his way through it and be productive other ways.

Purple Reign said:
The one things that bugs the life out of me is when our commentators and even some of us fans say that Chris Webber should get his big butt in the post 48 mins. a night. THAT IS NOT HIS GAME!!! THAT IS NOT THE KINGS GAME. When you run a high post offense that is exactly what it is high post. It just so happen that Webb is our best high post and best low post player. If Adelman wanted him in the paint 48 a night, he would have him down there. Don't you think???
No, he's not and its not. But, I think he would admit it as well, that he probably could get in the post even a little more. I think, but I'm not sure, I really didn't listen to is all that well, but I think Cuttino said in the post game interview on the radio that he, Chris and Mike were talking and he told them to pass the ball to Webb in the post and get some easy shots...or something like that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LMM said:
congrats cwebb!

Webber couldn't get ANYTHING to fall in the first half. After the game he told Grant that Bibby and Adelman were both yelling at him to keep shooting, to work through it, so he did.

Stat lines do NOT tell the whole story.

I, for one, am awfully glad he kept shooting because we'd be whining about another loss if he hadn't.

:D

VF21 said:
Webber couldn't get ANYTHING to fall in the first half. After the game he told Grant that Bibby and Adelman were both yelling at him to keep shooting, to work through it, so he did.

Stat lines do NOT tell the whole story.

I, for one, am awfully glad he kept shooting because we'd be whining about another loss if he hadn't.

:D
Whatever is it that Chris does, he still can't win.But, thats ok. I'm sure he knows there are a lot more people who appreciate his play than there are people who just want to nit pick.

I'm glad that he got the TD and most importantly we won !...but on the nights when he is struggling with his jump shot, he should give up the ball to whoever has the hot hand instead of trying to shoot through his slump. This shooting through the slump has cost us games in the past. none the less, congrats to CWebb on his TD

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The shooting through tonight WON us the game.

It's not like his shots were really short, or off to the side, etc. They were just not falling. You don't tell him to pass the ball MORE. He was already being pretty generous. 12 assists is a LOT of assists. If it was anyone other than Webber, there wouldn't even be any comments. I certainly don't recall people telling Bibby to quit shooting because his shots weren't falling and he was just about as cold as Webber was.

I have faith in Webber and I have faith in Rick Adelman. Webber did the right thing to night, with encouragement from Adelman and Bibby, and it was key to getting a win.

webber is unbelivable for a big man.

The way he plays is like a guard now. so many assists and jumpers. no longer a power forward but a big guard!

dac911 said:
webber is unbelivable for a big man.

The way he plays is like a guard now. so many assists and jumpers. no longer a power forward but a big guard!
He's pretty much a point-forward in a linebacker's body at this point of his career. And that's definitely not a knock. There are only a handful of other players (at most) that come to mind that would fit that label. Lebron James for one...

I hope to go to some of the games later in the year... Maybe when I meet some of you there from here we can start the 'MVP' chant whenever he touches the ball, as did Minny with Garnett. :)

N

NJKingsFan

Brewer16 said:
Sleeper MVP candidate?

I think so
Webber deserves alot more respect than he gets, but the league clearly doesn't like him as evidenced by the All Star snub.

Lewis, Ginobili, and Marion over Webber?!

Give me a break.

It should be a concern that Webb never got to the free throw line vs. the Celts. He is a excellent free throw shooter this season and ignore those free throws vs the mavs last friday. Therefore, he should drive to the basket more. Plus Bibby is to good a shooter and has been noticeably missing free throws. Despite shooting 75% he has been inconsistent from the line. Member that lose to toronto by 3, if he did'nt miss that many free throws that game the kings would of won. Whatever, whats done is done. Great game by Evans too.

GO KINGS

N

NJKingsFan

Big_kings_fan said:
It should be a concern that Webb never got to the free throw line vs. the Celts. He is a excellent free throw shooter this season and ignore those free throws vs the mavs last friday. Therefore, he should drive to the basket more. Plus Bibby is to good a shooter and has been noticeably missing free throws. Despite shooting 75% he has been inconsistent from the line. Member that lose to toronto by 3, if he did'nt miss that many free throws that game the kings would of won. Whatever, whats done is done. Great game by Evans too.

GO KINGS
It's a pretty amazing thing. It could be a psychological problem or a lack of concentration for the missed throws. Seems like it's the having time to think about the shot that bothers him. When he needs to hit a clutch shot, with a quick release, he's money.

PT Cruiser 9ROC said:
He's pretty much a point-forward in a linebacker's body at this point of his career. And that's definitely not a knock. There are only a handful of other players (at most) that come to mind that would fit that label. Lebron James for one...
i hope he becomes a point-forward and gain back his dunking abilities! now that would be unstoppable!