Allegations against Luke Walton (split from new coach thread)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sorry if I don’t buy it without evidence. Filing a financial lawsuit a couple years later but not filing police report never sits well.
Plus you'd think that the Kings would have enough wherewithal to conduct a background check before hiring Luke and probably thought nothing of it.

From a Laker fan: She has worked for networks across the country including ESPN, PAC12, E!News and Fox Sports. She was a host and reporter for Spectrum SportsNet and SportsNet LA that covers the Lakers, Dodgers, Sparks and Galaxy.

I want to wait for details before saying he’s guilty, but can someone tell me why this organization is always at the cups of drama? I think it’s just really bad luck...

From a Laker fan: She has worked for networks across the country including ESPN, PAC12, E!News and Fox Sports. She was a host and reporter for Spectrum SportsNet and SportsNet LA that covers the Lakers, Dodgers, Sparks and Galaxy.

I want to wait for details before saying he’s guilty, but can someone tell me why this organization is always at the cups of drama? I think it’s just really bad luck...
Who, the Lakers or the Kings?

Unless this thing goes away quickly, meaning they find out the woman is lying somehow, the Kings have no choice but to terminate Walton's contract.
It is absolutely impossible for Luke to coach effectively with something like this hanging over his head through out the season. Vlade once said, "Character matters" so I can't see him keeping Luke around. Unless Vlade is not a man of his words.

Unless this thing goes away quickly, meaning they find out the woman is lying somehow, the Kings have no choice but to terminate Walton's contract.
It is absolutely impossible for Luke to coach effectively with something like this hanging over his head through out the season. Vlade once said, "Character matters" so I can't see him keeping Luke around. Unless Vlade is not a man of his words.
Overreact much? Innocent until proven guilty?

If any reasonable evidence comes out sure but as of right it’s an LA reporter going for cash and didn’t bother filing a police report. Aside from that it sets a terrible precedent that an aquisation equals automatic dismissal.

Overreact much? Innocent until proven guilty?

No one said he is guilty for sure. The point is, if this drags on, you can't seriously think it would be a good idea to have a head coach go meet with lawyers one day and then fly back and forth to court during the season. If this goes away quickly, fine, no harm done. But if not, it would be a blow to the team.

If any reasonable evidence comes out sure but as of right it’s an LA reporter going for cash and didn’t bother filing a police report. Aside from that it sets a terrible precedent that an aquisation equals automatic dismissal.

The only way this doesn't negatively affect the team is they find evidence that the woman is lying ala Jessie Smoellette style. If not, it's not going to be good for the team no matter how anyone spins it. How does he demand respect from the young fellas?

No one said he is guilty for sure. The point is, if this drags on, you can't seriously think it would be a good idea to have a head coach go meet with lawyers one day and then fly back and forth to court during the season. If this goes away quickly, fine, no harm done. But if not, it would be a blow to the team.
There won’t be court or flying to meet lawyers she’s hoping he settles. If he’s innocent I support him as our coach

The facts:
1. It's a civil lawsuit.
2. There is no evidence and there will never be any evidence. Read the accusation--she never reported anything and it was years ago.
3. It is she said, he said.
4. The accuser needs to prove it. The accused has a presumption of innocence.

The fact that she and her lawyer are going public with this means that they've been trying to get him to pay up for quite some time. I hope he counter sues.

Has she already published that book she was working on or will it strategically come out after these accusations?
Yea, motive #1.

Motive #2? See above.

Sh*ts dirty. The real, real truth is somewhere in between the accusation and the publicity for the book. My bet, she's an ex-mistress of Luke's.

its always something with this team

Damn

Just a running joke for the media.

The GM that IMO shouldn’t have been extended with IMO a questionable coaching hire after firing a coach who IMO was the impetus of the team’s recent success

I give the benefit to the innocent in these situations, and the famous/monied men, but this just tainted the first step of the new era