All-Time Sacramento Kings team

I might not have them on the first team but the first couple of years of Lionel Simmons career wasn’t bad. And for the second best point guard in his short stay here I have to say Kenny (the jet) smith

Oh and one of my all time kings wayman tilsdale.

I might not have them on the first team but the first couple of years of Lionel Simmons career wasn’t bad. And for the second best point guard in his short stay here I have to say Kenny (the jet) smith

Oh and one of my all time kings wayman tilsdale.
I liked The L Train... wish his career hadn’t derailed with injuries as we never got to know how good he might have been. But yeah, I recon he would have been in the conversation for Sacramentos all time 1st or 2nd team SF.

I thought about divac over DMC as well
Ralph Sampson was a hell of a center.. but by the time those knees made it to Sacramento he was pretty much done.
I was never that fond of Vlade as a player, good team player, good passing big man...but I’d have to go DeMarcus over him.

Ralph Sampson was a hell of a center.. but by the time those knees made it to Sacramento he was pretty much done.
I was never that fond of Vlade as a player, good team player, good passing big man...but I’d have to go DeMarcus over him.
Yeah Sampson here was depressing lol
Both skilled big men, and no doubt DMC was a more talented player....to me DMCs game has never equated to winning basketball, so that is also went into my thought process, but I’d still keep DMC as the starter...,just way too talented

That five is hilarious, maybe could only be topped by starting list most obscure Sac Kings or cup of coffee and gone. How about starting with the immortal, incomparable Lloyd Swee’ Pea Danielso_O

That five is hilarious, maybe could only be topped by starting list most obscure Sac Kings or cup of coffee and gone. How about starting with the immortal, incomparable Lloyd Swee’ Pea Danielso_O
PG - Andre Miller
SG - Sam Cassell
SF - Caron Butler
PF - Chucky Brown
C - Drew Gooden
6th - Desmond Mason
Prospect - Dejan Bodiroga

It depends on the criteria. Vlade played 16 years in the NBA and missed PO once. He is in HOF, one of seven players achieved crazy stats in four or five categories (scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks I think). Vlade was starter till the last season of his career. He was all-star, played NBA finals, and scored the most point for the Lakers against Bulls.

Besides that, his assists boosted the statistics and visibility for every forward he played with. Playing with Vlade C. Ceballos, Glen Rice, and Peja Stojakovic were selected for all-star game for the first time (and some the only time). CWeb and Mason had the best season playing alongside him. It was a different time, so he was not recognized as much, but he was Jokic before Jokic, with better defense.

DMC had fantastic countable statistics and never led a team anywhere.

Last edited:
It depends on the criteria. Vlade played 16 years in the NBA and missed PO once. He is in HOF, one of seven players achieved crazy stats in four or five categories (scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks I think). Vlade was starter till the last season of his career. He was all-star, played NBA finals, and scored the most point for the Lakers against Bulls.

Besides that, his assists boosted the statistics and visibility for every forward he played with. Playing with Vlade C. Ceballos, Glen Rice, and Peja Stojakovic were selected for all-star game for the first time (and some the only time). CWeb and Mason had the best season playing alongside him. It was a different time, so he was not recognized as much, but he was Jokic before Jokic, with better defense.

DMC had fantastic countable statistics and never led a team anywhere.
I appreciate what your saying but guess there are a lot of variables in play. Some of it has to do with nature, but Vlade had some pretty good coaching during his career, whereas DeMarcus had a disaster of a situation here in Sac. Vlade did appear to make others better but what a group of players to make better, DeMarcus never had a good supporting crew here. Vlade pretty much had a storybook career, DeMarcus reminds me of the Mike Tyson of basketball.

Last edited: