Alex Len signs with Kings (again)

Grade the signing

• Total voters
Last time I suggested Len was on Tuesday!

Kuzma $13 + Harrell $9.7 =22.7
Buddy = 22.9

Hmmm the numbers look very close.

Buddy for Kuz, Harrell, and 22nd pick. If this is Buddy's worth, then so be it. Ty should be the starting SG.
It depends on who is there at 22, but Harrell is Holmes insurance and stops us from "having" to draft a big.

With this move we save $ and can retain Davis, who I really like as a sixth-man-type player. His defense was surprisingly good.

So in perspective it is really Kuzma (yuck), Harrell, 22nd (Zaire W. or Jared Butler), and the ability to keep T. Davis.

Fox - Wright - F. Mason III (FA)
Ty - Davis - Ramsey
Wagner - Zaire W. - Woodard
Barnes - Harrell - JT Thor
Len (FA) - D. Jones - Metu

Trade fodder: Bagley/Kuz

I like Len and happy to have him back BUT this to me spells the end of Holmes as a King. If we pair the two then its a really good get for us.

Unfortunately, all things point to Holmes being somewhere else next season. First TT trade (that will apprently still go ahead) now Len signing.

I like Len and happy to have him back BUT this to me spells the end of Holmes as a King. If we pair the two then its a really good get for us.

Unfortunately, all things point to Holmes being somewhere else next season. First TT trade (that will apprently still go ahead) now Len signing.
Go where? Raptors space is gone. Hornets don't have space and have invested in 2 centers this off-season. Mavericks space is gone and they reupped WCS and Boban on 1 year deals. Knicks resigned Noel and just gave Fournier nearly 20 mil.

Right now, I think the Kings have the best monetary offer with a starting gig.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

The thing is, I don't think any other team has cap space left anymore

Go where? Raptors space is gone. Hornets don't have space and have invested in 2 centers this off-season. Mavericks space is gone and they reupped WCS and Boban on 1 year deals. Knicks resigned Noel and just gave Fournier nearly 20 mil.

Right now, I think the Kings have the best monetary offer with a starting gig.
Have the other pieces of the Lowry trade been actually announced, though? Wonder what’s going on behind the scenes there…

I missed this move until just a lil while I ago.

I also liked Len his 1st stint here. After initially being underwhelmed, he won me over with some solid play.

I was also disappointed when he departed. I think it's cool that he wanted to come back again. I'm sure he could have found a job elsewhere.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely like this signing. The Kings need a big body when Richaun is having issues with guys like Jokic and Embiid.

I liked the Whiteside signing but as much as he's a huge body on the court and a good shotblocker/rebounder, he doesn't bring that same toughness and this team needs as much of it as it can get.

I really hated seeing Len depart. He brings welcome size and toughness, and I'm very pleased to see him back!
If I read abut the details and logic of his leaving, I don't remember them. But, on its face, it made no sense. He and Bazemore were absolutely outstanding for the Kings in their relatively brief stints. Len registered 6/6 and a block in 15 min per, and, as you say, size and toughness. *That* guy will be a significant upgrade on Whiteside as backup 5, as well as (hopefully) a suitable model and mentor to Queta. Glad to have him back.

Definitely like this signing. The Kings need a big body when Richaun is having issues with guys like Jokic and Embiid.

I liked the Whiteside signing but as much as he's a huge body on the court and a good shotblocker/rebounder, he doesn't bring that same toughness and this team needs as much of it as it can get.
yeah knowing him. he’s just flexing being a “pro” and taking easy contracts at this point in his career

Len is really good at getting in the way of the offense. He has a certain athletic clumsiness. He likes to bang on people. Playing against him is like playing against the old Pistons. He has a toughness quality that the Kings do not have in any other player. He reminds of KK.