2013-14 KingsFans Fantasy Basketball - Daily/Auction

Hi basketball fans. Yahoo! has already started up fantasy basketball and I know you're all excited. I'll be renewing the "Official" KingsFans league in the next couple weeks, and I'm sure the BigDog and Avis leagues will be coming along shortly as well. But I wanted to get this one going because we've had a lot of fun the last few years doing the auction draft, and we'd love to get a good number of people in the league this year.

Here are some details:

Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sat Oct 26 7:00pm PDT
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 40
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

I urge you to consider this league. I'd love to get about 12 teams, although we've played with 10 the last few years and I'd be willing to go with as few as 8 if we have to. If you're interested post a message here.

Hi Peeps,

We've got 5 returning teams from last year, plus two more committed. That's only 7 teams. I'd love to get at least 10.

I know everybody's got too many leagues, but you should make room for this one just to do the auction draft at least once.

Ok, folks. We've got 8 teams now. You all know you want to do the auction draft. Seriously, it's my favorite draft of all fantasy leagues I play. It takes no special knowledge or skill and only the tiniest bit of strategy that I can share with you if you'd like.

Let's get at least two more people!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok, time for my pitch on this one too obviously:

If you don't join the Kingsfans Daily League auction draft, then you suck. The end.

So...don't suck.

Bricklayer

uolj, when you get back online, by my count there could possibly be as many as dreadnaught, the jamal, spudfan and jsin possibly interested here to bump this thing to a much more respectable 12 peeps.

What's the name of this one? KingsFans Daily? If that's it I haven't hit accept or ignore because I didn't want to play with just 10 people again. If we can get 12 I am down to play.

uolj, when you get back online, by my count there could possibly be as many as dreadnaught, the jamal, spudfan and jsin possibly interested here to bump this thing to a much more respectable 12 peeps.
I agree, I think we can do it. I sent out messages to try to get invite emails to see if we can get this done. I'll be around this week so I should be able to recruit for a few more days.

Was in last year but I'm struggling with this one as I really don't have the time and hate being a deadbeat owner. If you end up with an odd number, I'd reconsider.

The_Jamal and JSin confirmed they will play so once they accept their invites that will be 10. If we get one more that would be 11 and spudfan would then jump in and be #12. I still have some more possibilities, so if you're really not into it we might have an even number without you.

Was in last year but I'm struggling with this one as I really don't have the time and hate being a deadbeat owner. If you end up with an odd number, I'd reconsider.
Have one decline and I haven't heard back from the other possibilities. Would you mind joining? Once The_Jamal signs up that will be ten, so you and spudfan would be twelve.

(P.S. I personally don't mind if you're super busy. If you can set your lineups with the Start Active Players most days then that should keep the team competitive. That's how I've been playing the last few years and it almost got me a win last year.)

What's the name of this one? KingsFans Daily? If that's it I haven't hit accept or ignore because I didn't want to play with just 10 people again. If we can get 12 I am down to play.
So, once The_Jamal accepts the invitation, that will be ten. If sdballer joins you'd make 12.

Ok, didn't get anybody for that 11th spot, so we're going with ten again this year. Draft coming later this evening. Good luck everybody.

Bricklayer

Yeah, I had an emergency pop up and so much for fantasy ball. Should have kept the person for 11th and I would have dropped, just busy and did not think about it until too late.

Bricklayer

Somebody should nudge Jamal, it appears he has forgotten he's in the league only a few hours into it, or so I interpret his day 1 rosters not being set. :p